• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

E3! All these games are coming out before E3, and knowing Nintendo style right now, they only hype games months before they launch.

That's a pretty good point. I keep forgetting about E3 (I know, doesn't seem possible) with all of these company direct announcements.

Luigi's Mansion 2 looks awesome. M&L will be too ... I just couldn't get excited about the rest like AC and the eShop stuff.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
YSXXAeV.jpg

Definitely picking up Crashmo next week.

Fox Mulder

Because it was a Luigi focused ND? :p

well it isn't a false statement. Nintendo has tons of franchises they could mine with more outsourcing or buying studios.

I'm not really tired of mario being in everything as long as it's different, but I can understand if people wish they just focused on other franchises too.

I'm more excited about ear of igi than I thought I would be.

All the games looked really good.

If Metroid something doesn't show up at E3 though I'm always gonna hold this resentment inside Nintendo..... :(

daxy

Holy shit, so many games I want. I'm flipping stoked. What a great time to have a 3DS.

Etrian Odyssey, I have missed you so :')

NA Free games with 3DS+ Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon bought and registered 3/21-4/30

Mario 3d land
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Freaky Forms Deluxe
Art Academy Lessons for Everyone
Starfox 3D

3ds eshop games for sale starting today and going into the future...

(2/14) Bittrip saga 9.99
(2/21) Crashmo 5.99
(2/28)Fractured 7.99
(3/7)Sakura Samurai 4.99
(3/14)Ketzals Corridors 4.99
(3/21)Mutant Mudds

edit: Lol I shoulda took a picture

So if I just bought a 3ds and preordered luigi, could i wait til march to redeem both to be eligible?

In which way do they mean register? If the XL can be done via serial number, great, if by CN code, I'm screwed, mine's in another province, a Toad just told me. :'(

well it isn't a false statement. Nintendo has tons of franchises they could mine with more outsourcing or buying studios.

I'm not really tired of mario being in everything as long as it's different, but I can understand if people wish they just focused on other franchises too.

Well, I think we're a Mario Party and Super Princess Peach away from the titles that appeared from the Mario 'franchise' on DS, more or less, so unless they start creating more...

vareon

Nice lineup if not a bit too full of Mario/Luigi lol. No games I really want, but great nonetheless. Can't wait for next week's 3rd party direct for JP.

So if I just bought a 3ds and preordered luigi, could i wait til march to redeem both to be eligible?

Yes.

3DS 1st Party in Japan 2013 looks like this:

Luigi's Mansion 2
Tomodachi Collection
Daigassa Band Brothers
Pokemon X & Y
Mario & Luigi Dream Partners
Mario Golf World Tour
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Still 3 games missing from their promised 10.

EVH

Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS is 29€ in Europe eShop, so will get it.

Casltevania, Monster Hunter, Mario & Luigi, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon and Animal Crossing this year in Europe.

Fucking NUTS. And we still have to see the 3rd Party Nintendo Direct next week.

randomkid

In which way do they mean register? If the XL can be done via serial number, great, if by CN code, I'm screwed, mine's in another province, a Toad just told me. :'(

Yeah I'm also interested in how the registration is gonna work. If you need to register a new XL and Luigi's Mansion within that month period, that means there will be a bunch of existing XL owners with Luigi's mansion codes that could help newcomers like me out right? Will have to ask around to see if there are any nice GAF folks who'd be willing to swap some codes then.

Luigi's Mansion 2
Tomodachi Collection
Daigassa Band Brothers
Pokemon X & Y
Mario Golf World Tour

Maybe F-Zero 3DS, Zelda 3DS and possibly the Treasure 3DS game will be ready for this year. Maybe Monoliths game if Treasure is not ready.

scurker

New 3DS XL promotions? Yay! What...? No new XL colors in the US?

If this is the year of Luigi, this would've been the perfect opportunity to introduce a green 3DS XL. Seriously Nintendo, the only thing keeping me from buying an XL at this point is the lack of colors.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
WHERE'S MY GODDAMN LM2 DEMO

HarmoKnight demo/date announcement is nice, though.

Otherwise this ND did nothing for me.

It looks like Nintendo is choosing to show their hand. They're still saving gameplay video for E3, but there's very few mystery unannounced big budget titles left (for Wii U at least).

I've been keeping a list on their studios to see who's due for announcements based off of their past development times (predicting much further out is impractical). As you can see most of Nintendo's studios have their hands full just releasing sequels to their specialty titles, so titles announced today like Mario & Luigi and Mario Golf were totally in line with expectations.

Titles in bold are blank slots or unannounced predictions. The most exciting ones IMO are Retro's title, the next Kirby game, and whatever the Tokyo group is working on on the side. Also this doesn't count 3rd party collaborations, which I expect we'll see a lot of in the future.

EAD Group 1:
*Mario Kart Wii U: late 2013
*3DS title (possibly Nintendogs related): 2013/2014

EAD Group 2:
*Wii U Sports game: late 2013

EAD Group 3:
*Zelda 3DS: Holiday 2013
*Wind Waker HD: 2013
*Zelda Wii U: 2014/2015

EAD Group 4:
*Pikmin 3 Wii U: Q2 2013
*New Super Luigi Bros U

EAD Group 5:
*Wii Fit U: 2013

Tokyo Group 1:
*3D Mario Wii U game: Holiday 2013 target

Tokyo Group 2:
*assisting with 3D Mario Holiday 2013 target
*other core game: late 2014

Nintendo Software Technology:
*Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move
*more 3DS or downloadable games 2014
*more ambitious project (Wii U?) 2014

Retro Studios:
*DKCR 3DS
*core Wii U title -likely franchise revival (StarFox, F-Zero): 2013

Nd Cube
*Wii U Party: 2013

Brownie Brown
*codeveloped 3DS RPG title 2013/2014

Monolith Soft
*Xeno series RPG X: 2013/2014

Intelligent Systems
*Game & Wario: early 2013
*Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem - with Atlas 2013
*Tactical rpg: 2014

Hal Labs
*Kirby related title 2013/2014

AlphaDream
*Mario & Luigi 3DS 2013/2014

Monster Games
*Racing game (like Diddy Kong Wii U): 2013

Next Level Games
*Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon: Early 2013

Camelot
*Mario Golf: World Tour 2013
*Golden Sun 3DS? 2014/when it's ready

Jupiter
*3DS eshop games 2013

Sora/Sakurai
*Smash Bros 2014

Game Freak
*Pokemon X & Y: 2013

Good-Feel
*Yoshi Yarn game: 2013

Ambrella
*Pokemon spinoff 2013/2014

Arika
*3DS wildcard title

Genius Sonority
*Pokemon Colosseum Game? 2013

Skip
*downloadable titles

I await the gaming media criticising these announcements as a bad thing because Nintendo now make the announcements themselves rather than giving sites exclusives.

Fox Mulder

If this is the year of Luigi, this would've been the perfect opportunity to introduce a green 3DS XL. Seriously Nintendo, the only thing keeping me from buying an XL at this point is the lack of colors.

yeah, I was holding one in my hand during the big sales a few months ago, but passed due to the kiddie colors. I can wait for a color I like to show up, there will be more games and I'm sure it will go on sale again.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
M&L was the best thing by far. Luigi's Mansion 2 looks pretty nice graphically too. Looking forward to seeing the 3rd party Direct for Japan next week, hopefully there are some surprises for Q2 that might make it to us eventually.

NA Free games with 3DS+ Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon bought and registered 3/21-4/30

Mario 3d land
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Freaky Forms Deluxe
Art Academy Lessons for Everyone
Starfox 3D

3ds eshop games for sale starting today and going into the future...

(2/14) Bittrip saga 9.99
(2/21) Crashmo 5.99
(2/28)Fractured 7.99
(3/7)Sakura Samurai 4.99
(3/14)Ketzals Corridors 4.99
(3/21)Mutant Mudds

edit: Lol I shoulda took a picture

Wait wait wait - the "free games" are "choose one," right?

I need to pull the trigger on Crashmo now - is that a temporary price drop or permanent? I've been holding off because I haven't finished Pushmo yet, and I haven't finished Pushmo yet because I need to beat Fire Emblem, NSMB 2 and a couple of the GBA Ambassador games (Metroid Fusion, FE: Sacred Stones).

Feels good to have a backlog on my 3DS!

I just read on the My Nintendo News page on Facebook that Japan are having another Nintendo Direct next week regarding 3DS third party games. Is there another source or has that been mentioned on here? It's hard to keep up with all the hype!

Just caught up. So good.
Iwata wore a hat; Shibata beasted and Reggie brought friends.

The FE bundle for Europe is quite funny; I wonder if NoE and NoA know what each other do :D
Zelda sale is interesting too.

BRING ME MY 3D TRAILER SHIB!

Frolow

Banned

Luigi's Mansion 2
Tomodachi Collection
Daigassa Band Brothers
Pokemon X & Y
Mario Golf World Tour

Whatever Monster Games is working on will definitely be released this year. Zelda 3DS will probably be the big holiday title. And I don't know what could be the last game, doubt it'll be Monolith's project though.

Wait wait wait - the "free games" are "choose one," right?

I need to pull the trigger on Crashmo now - is that a temporary price drop or permanent? I've been holding off because I haven't finished Pushmo yet, and I haven't finished Pushmo yet because I need to beat Fire Emblem, NSMB 2 and a couple of the GBA Ambassador games (Metroid Fusion, FE: Sacred Stones).

Feels good to have a backlog on my 3DS!

Yup, the free games are choose one. And the price drop is temporary for Crashmo and everything else going on sale.

sikkinixx

Wow the 3DS is gonna be my go to system for the next bit, especially if they ever fucking restock Fire Emblem so I can get the 'free' DLC. RPG's, Golf, Aniaml Crossing

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
March 14: HarmoKnight Demo
March 19: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
March 22-24: PAX East
March 24: Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
March 28: HarmoKnight

XpUk1Vd.png

Pociask

Black 3DSXL (or even all green) + New Luigi Game + Free best Mario game on system would be very, very difficult to resist jumping in.

Top Bottom