• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

Zebra

Disappointed by the lack of an announcement for GBA games on the 3DS eShop.

I figured with it being announced for the Wii U, the 3DS would surely follow...

vctor182

Limited Edition 3DSXL Fire Emblem Bundle for Europe - sometimes waiting a bit longer is worth it:

223574_10152551177875654_336419935_n.jpg

OMFG!! Is this real? WTF NoA???

What? I'm gonna play the crap out of it.

No waggle mode makes it the definitive version.

Sure, I get that. Personally I loved it on the Wii and didn't really have a problem with the shake-to-roll controls. Would I have preferred a button? Sure, but I still demolished the game (160%) without it. I just don't feel the need to play through it again so soon. I just think an actually new DK game -- like, say, DKCR 2 on 3DS with a playable Dixie -- would have been more exciting.

Actually, now that I think on it, it they added Dixie to DKCR 3D, that would probably get me to buy it. She was always such a fun character to play in DKC 2 and 3.

NOA is such trash how about some new 3ds XL colors.

NoA is "trash" simply because you didn't get the new system colors you want? Someone sounds dramatic. And entitled.

I really hope that part of this "year of Luigi" means a green 3DS XL will happen.

In the meantime, a new Mario and Luigi game will more than suffice.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I want this, an account system, and Bravely Default then I'm a happy camper.

Bravely Default is falling into Type-0 territory, fucking Square Enix >:p

No, BD is on a console that is alive, Type 0 was on PSP. Completely different.

Neiteio

This Nintendo Direct was amazing, imo. Luigi's Mansion looks FANTASTIC. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team looks FANTASTIC. The trailer for DKCR3D -- now on the eShop, under the Nintendo Direct tab -- looks incredible. Also interested in the new Dillon game, Kersploosh (or whatever it's called), the new Mario Golf and Minis on the Move. I already want HarmoKnight and Animal Crossing. The large-scale NSMBU DLC looks inspired. SO MUCH GOOD STUFF!

Grief.exe

I was really hoping for them to announce some new colors coming to the US.

Looks like Europe gets some good colors to make up for the lack of Fire Emblem.

The Euro wait for Fire Emblem is unacceptable.

While watching the direct and they apologized but hopefully this makes up for it thing I thought 'oh lots of free DLC maybe?' then its just a FE system bundle.

Nice I already have a 3DS, also you limit my number of account transfers so......

deleted

Seems like I have to get a 3DS sometime soon. Would it be advised to import a US 3ds and use it with american eShop cards and a European charging devise? Or won't that work?
I'd like to get that free eShop game and because I would only buy digital, I'd get some good EUR - $ exchange rates.
Won't work obviously, if I could't use the US eShop from Europe.

farnham

Banned
This Nintendo Direct was amazing, imo. Luigi's Mansion looks FANTASTIC. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team looks FANTASTIC. The trailer for DKCR3D -- now on the eShop, under the Nintendo Direct tab -- looks incredible. Also interested in the new Dillon game, Kersploosh (or whatever it's called), the new Mario Golf and Minis on the Move. I already want HarmoKnight and Animal Crossing. The large-scale NSMBU DLC looks inspired. SO MUCH GOOD STUFF!

Yup they delivered three time in a row for me (pokemon, wiiu one and 3ds one)

AzVal

I did not watched but just checked the video of DKR 3d, its just a port and I dare to say looks better on the Wii so far, whats to be excited about?

Drago

So can we agree that NoA sucks? The free game deal is way gimped compared to Europe, we're still stuck with the same two fucking colors (Pink/White isn't a full fledged release), zero bundles aside from a late ZombiU bundle and no MH bundle, regular 3DS FE bundle instead of an XL... I mean, what the fuck, why are they so incompetent.

Whatever, LM2, Mario & Luigi, and AC NL will be good games I guess. Just so fed up with NoA as of late.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So can we agree that NoA sucks? The free game deal is way gimped compared to Europe, we're still stuck with the same two fucking colors (Pink/White isn't a full fledged release), zero bundles aside from a late ZombiU bundle and no MH bundle, regular 3DS FE bundle instead of an XL... I mean, what the fuck, why are they so incompetent.

Whatever, LM2, Mario & Luigi, and AC NL will be good games I guess. Just so fed up with NoA as of late.

I'll give NoA a slight pass for now because we have a date for HarmoKnight as well as its demo. We also got Fire Emblem like two weeks ago. But we're not exactly on friendly terms right now.

mclem

Going back through the thread, and I note: 100%, well done!

PREDICTIONS:

Luigi's Mansion 2 release date and new footage (multiplayer?)
Harmoknight release date
Animal Crossing related news
¿Donkey Kong Country 3DS? --> Wishful thinking

ngower

So no new colors for 3DS XL in North America, while Europe gets (if I am reading correctly) three different options? I will buy a neutral colored system right now, why doesn't NoA want my money?!

qko

Double dipping on Bit.Trip.Saga. I bought that game at full price and for $10 to have it digitally is the kind of impulse buy for me.

Although Nintendo's eshop will never be Steam they really need to have a permanent Deal of the Week like other consoles do. Not "Summers of sales" or "Press the Panic button and reduce prices on 3 games for a month" type sales. Even if its $2-$3 bucks off a $7 game, throw us a bone man.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm talking localization-wise. Other than that, yeah they're completely different.

I was talking about localizations too. Why shouldn't it come on US and EU 3DS this year? When Type 0 came out, PSP was absolutely dead both hardware and software wise. 3DS isn't.

So with Vita officially dead after this Nintendo Direct, I can safely say that HOLY FUCK, other than that super boring middle portion with those two lame dudes, Nintendo delivered so much with this Nintendo Direct.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, FUCKING DROOLS

spekkeh

Banned
It looks like Nintendo is choosing to show their hand. They're still saving gameplay video for E3, but there's very few mystery unannounced big budget titles left (for Wii U at least).

I've been keeping a list on their studios to see who's due for announcements based off of their past development times (predicting much further out is impractical). As you can see most of Nintendo's studios have their hands full just releasing sequels to their specialty titles, so titles announced today like Mario & Luigi and Mario Golf were totally in line with expectations.

Sigh. While it's undoubtedly a very good list, I wish people would stop asking for 'a new zelda, mario, any other franchise' already. So much creative potential wasted on rehashing.

Sadist

I'm still surprised about EO IV getting released in EU.

Okay NOE released the first one on DS in the EU as well, but I always had the impression it bombed.

ngower

Well, guess I'm gonna just buy whatever 3DS XL is on the shelf for that promotion. Wish I had more colors to choose from :-(

Same. I may go with the pink one if I can find it (hasn't been a problem so far) just because it's 'limited' and may have a better resale value when they inevitably release a black/white/grey system.

Espada

Mario & Luigi 4 can't get here fast enough. Bowser's Inside Story is one of my favorite RPGs of all time. That game was just ceaselessly fun and charming.

Javier

I liked Bowser's Inside Story, but I felt it was too short and on the easy side. Hope Dream Team is a better challenge.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Why would that be on the 3DS?
Depends on the target market. If they are targeting the otaku then it probably will go to PS3, but if they wanna grab the little girl audience 3DS is the place to go.

Plus, it's just fun to throw that out at every possible opportunity.

Top Bottom