• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

Mit-

jbajH2AOWlPHtf.png

Sorry if late :V

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
No, BD is on a console that is alive, Type 0 was on PSP. Completely different.

I just hope BDFF doesn't pull a Type 0 though. :(

I mean:

Kingdom Hearts 3D
Japan March 2012 - NA July 2012 (5 months)

Crisis Core
Japan September 2007 - NA March 2008 (6 months)

3rd Birthday
Japan December 2010 - NA March 2011 (4 months)

Dissidia
Japan December 2008 - NA August 2009 (8 months)

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Japan February 2012 - NA July 2012 (5 months)

Whereas with Final Fantasy Type-0
Japan October 2011 - NA ??? (16 months +)

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So, I could be wrong, but didn't Nintendo recently announce how many 3DS games they were developing in house? How many of those do we know about now?

Boulayman

wat.

Anyway, I'm excited for DKCR. Never played it on Wii.

Lol, I got sorta excited when I read Donkey Kong Returns 3D, I thought it was a 3d donkey kong game on the Wii U and I was like zomfg totally didn't see that coming. Amazeballs ! Then I understood they meant 3ds haha.

"23:20 Today's Nintendo Direct was international, but for Japan, an additional 3DS Nintendo Direct for third-parties is set for next week! Thank you for watching! The presentation is now over."

lolz, just what japan needs, more 3ds games.
hey nintendo, how about some third party games for europe?

fuck it, i think im gonna buy a japanese 3ds

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
How did this free download of SM3DL work? When I buy Luigi's mansion and register it do I get it or will I not count because I've already got a 3DS XL and registered it?

Happy to see a new Mario & Luigi game, hope it's as good as Bowser's Inside Story. I would be excited about a new Mario Golf, but it looks like it's the same deal as the 3DS Mario Tennis; standard Golf game, no RPG-esque story mode. Gotta pass on that one, as the RPG campaign was a major reason that I liked the previous handheld Mario Golf games.

Also, it's great that we finally have a release date for Animal Crossing. :)

Soriku

Is next week too soon for the Bravely Default sequel to get a proper announcement?

I think it's still too early for that. It's only been 5 months since BD released...

"23:20 Today's Nintendo Direct was international, but for Japan, an additional 3DS Nintendo Direct for third-parties is set for next week! Thank you for watching! The presentation is now over."

lolz, just what japan needs, more 3ds games.
hey nintendo, how about some third party games for europe?

fuck it, i think im gonna buy a japanese 3ds

They kinda do. There aren't that many notable third party games for 3DS this year in Japan besides MH4, SMT IV, and AA5.

Watched European one...thoughts:

Please tell me NOA announced some new 3DS XL colours? I felt kind of bad when Shibita was like "by the way heres two more bundles and some more colours".

Fire Emblem 3DS XL. Good one NOE...the price is going to be XL too though :(

Mario and Donkey Kong is a Pipe Dream "clone" (like how Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 and after were Lemmings "clone") and I'm so happy for that.

Luigi's Mansion looks incredible! That god damn piano is back. Creeped the hell out of me in Mario 64. Love the pace of the whole game, make me want to pick up the original.

Mario Golf I trust will be decent. I've enjoyed previous iterations. Does feel like a bit too much Mario and Luigi. IP Fatigue.

lol fuck this "there's no cartridge to potentially lose" sleazy move Bill.

Those NoE bundles are pretty sweet.

NoA once again disappoints. Don't understand why.

Seriously, when is it going to change? Xenoblade, Last Story, Pandora's Tower, (Thanks to XSeed!) Fire Emblem Awakening launch disaster, FE:A 3DSmall bundle, terrible Luigi's Mansion 2 promotion that slaps early XL adopters in the face, no 3DSXL colors for America, and now no MH bundles.

Whatever. Getting upset. You know, I love Nintendo games but I'm very close to calling it quits if they keep this up. Don't know if it's worth getting disappointed and upset all the time. Do I really want to support this?

Anyway, once I cool down a bit I'm just glad NoE at least hasn't announced any new games that NoA won't get. Hope we don't see a future N-direct and NoE announces Bravely Default and Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney while NoA announces more NSMB2 dlcs instead.

People are seriously keeping up that "NoA are terrible, NoE are amazing" selective blindness bullshit? I guess the Fire Emblem XL bundle makes the extra two month wait for the actual game okay? Xenoblade makes up for Sakura Samurai, Rhythm Heaven and all the other smaller games?

Fuck off.

farnham

Banned

Seriously, when is it going to change? Xenoblade, Last Story, Pandora's Tower, (Thanks to XSeed!) Fire Emblem Awakening launch disaster, FE:A 3DSmall bundle, terrible Luigi's Mansion 2 promotion that slaps early XL adopters in the face, no 3DSXL colors for America, and now no MH bundles.

Whatever. Getting upset. You know, I love Nintendo games but I'm very close to calling it quits if they keep this up. Don't know if it's worth getting disappointed and upset all the time. Do I really want to support this?

Anyway, once I cool down a bit I'm just glad NoE at least hasn't announced any new games that NoA won't get. Hope we don't see a future N-direct and NoE announces Bravely Default and Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney while NoA announces more NSMB2 dlcs instead.

huh?

Busaiku

The 3DS we got was actually a new color (that Europe won't get now, I guess), not just a current model (which is available in the US) with the logo slapped on it.
And we already got some of the games that the Europeans are still waiting on.

And we at least got details for HarmoKnight.
Did the NoE presentation have the other eShop games?

NoA was bad during the late Wii days, but I don't get these complaints of them being terrible now on 3DS.

Europe has gotten a WAY worse deal on the 3DS so far, they deserve a bit of compensation.

The 3DS we got was actually a new color (that Europe won't get now, I guess), not just a current model (which is available in the US) with the logo slapped on it.

NoA was bad during the late Wii days, but I don't get these complaints of them being terrible now on 3DS.

I guess I'm a little disappointed with the new XL promotion with free games. Kind of the straw that broke the camel's back.

I recently bought one and all I had to do was not register and I could've got the promotion. It's a little unfair and kind of sucks that the promotion started today, the day it was announced.

People shit all over NOA because they don't do the greatest job with the extremely limited GB/GBC Virtual Console library they have to work with.

For every few amazing games they bring over, people will ignore it and say NOA sucks because we didn't get Gameboy Super Picross Xtreme on Virtual Console.

big youth

good ND but the DKC:R port to 3DS seems like a waste of resources.

Mario Golf looks great, and I'm glad we're getting a new Mario RPG but it looks a bit too gimmicky.

People are seriously keeping up that "NoA are terrible, NoE are amazing" selective blindness bullshit? I guess the Fire Emblem XL bundle makes the extra two month wait for the actual game okay? Xenoblade makes up for Sakura Samurai, Rhythm Heaven and all the other smaller games?

Fuck off.

I wouldn't go far as to say "fuck off", but yeah NoE is still selectively terrible when it wants to be, though I would argue that might be the case of Nintendo HQ deciding when certain games come out, or their localisation departments being incompetent.

You can bet your ass if BD ever gets localised, you in NA will get it months before us. As it was with every Pokemon game before X/Y.

All you said puts in check whatever argument claiming "no authonomy" for NoA and NoE. Both branches seems to have completely different approaches and line of thinking for their markets and I doubt NCL has anything to do with it.

Edit: Reggie and Mostiff needs to get a boot as soon as possible. They seems to be doing the best they can to troll Nintendo fans.

So, I could be wrong, but didn't Nintendo recently announce how many 3DS games they were developing in house? How many of those do we know about now?

I think the announcement you mean is the one from their last investors meeting: that they would release 10 first party games in 2013 for the 3DS.

So the games we know about now:

Luigi's Mansion
Mario Golf
Mario&Luigi
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Band Bros
Tomodachi Collection
Pokemon X/Y
Lego City 3DS

So that's two games we don't know about (zero, if new Western localizations are
included).

Javier

So Etrian Odyssey 1 on one system, and Etrian Odyssey 4 on the next system get released in Europe, yet Etrian Odyssey 2 and 3 on the first system got skipped.

It's Final Fantasy all over again!

Top Bottom