• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie on Destiny: "We would absolutely love to be on the PC... So, stay tuned."

From eurogamer article.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-17-destiny-requires-an-internet-connection-to-work

At the game's reveal in Bungie's Bellevue, Washington office this week, attended by Eurogamer, Bungie COO Pete Parsons said: "It's a persistent, shared and connected world, so you will need to be connected [to the internet] to play Destiny."

On the possibility of a PC version, Parsons said: "We would absolutely love to be on the PC. If you talk to the people upstairs, we play it on all platforms. So, stay tuned." No mention was made of a Wii U version.

Meh..

For something that is AT LEAST a year away according to Destructoid I am definitely not seeing stuff what should keep me excited. It's Halo.. in a sort of MMOFPS jacket. Definitely not my style.

And IF this game is for next year and for the current gen consoles, they should definitely just put it on hold and release it for the next-gen consoles. I am not going to shell any more money next year on games when we are all getting excited by commercials here and there about next gen.

iavi

It would be somewhat strange for a game of this type not to be on PC.

Basically. I'm surprised that it's not been announced from the get go. Only thing I can think of is that they don't want to be associated with F2P.

Paches

IGN says Bungie was clear about being a console exclusive developer.

Bungie sucks.

balloon-deflate-o.gif

RoKKeR

There's still hope. I think we need to get the next gen implications out of the way. I wouldn't be surprised if all later Destiny games are on PC.

They also told the IGN reporter that it absolutely will not be on PC and that the game is "a console shooter".

Lets face the facts. Bungie was never even able to produce the best graphics on xbox and they were a first party company. Going multi-platform is probably a huge stretch for them, and being able to take on the challenging programming environment of PC gaming is well outside of their capabilities. Buy Bungie games for gameplay and story, not for their technical prowess.

Pooya

Bungie said:
Having built Destiny we think it's really clear that this is the next step, and in the future all games will be social in this way

next gen always online stuff is making more sense I guess :S

rip in pieces SP.

dwu8991

Banned
There was a "My body is ready" on the iphone !!!

Nuts - goona be on the Wii U for sure

From the dev video reminds me of the Japenese game Neon Genesis Evangelion in terms of story, future design

It would be somewhat strange for a game of this type not to be on PC.
Yeah. Seems like it would make the most sense to be on PC. They wouldn't really have the standard "Grrr.. PC piracy!" argument if its an online game.

I haven't been following this too much, but is the current thinking that its coming out on current gen consoles with Durango getting the nextgen exclusive for the first game?

Gbraga

I really hope so, loved the video and the concept, and I think it would be very successful on PC.

Not gonna buy a next gen system for that though, so it's either PC or no buy for me.

kpjolee

"We would absolutely love to be on the PC. If you talk to the people upstairs, we play it on all platforms. So, stay tuned." No mention was made of a Wii U version.

Hmm, I will take it as no to the PC version, oh well.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Lets face the facts. Bungie was never even able to produce the best graphics on xbox and they were a first party company.
Uh, Halo 2?

The PC space is where stuff like this thrive. It'd be really weird if it didn't show up there.

def sim

It's not even that. I have a PC capable of running this thing well and I will not being buying another console.

Pretty dumb to keep an MMO console exclusive.

I'd really like to know the reason why a PC version is even in question. If it's a man power issue, I'd be surprised.

Everdred

I don't know why but I expected it to be a little different from Halo but it's exactly Halo with a new style of community. I'm not mad, I just love Bungie's gameplay and that's what matters most.

Top Bottom