• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie on Destiny: "We would absolutely love to be on the PC... So, stay tuned."

BuzzJive

Is this the official port begging thread then? Pc would be okay, but I'd be on the Wii U version in a heartbeat. I really don't want to be stuck with buying it for my 360 and having to pay for XBL Gold again...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Basketballs don't hold grudges - neither do Bungie.

legacyzero

Banned
Game looks great, but I'm pretty much done with 360/PS3. And with the uncertainty behind next gen consoles, I may not get one there either.

PC seems like a logical choice!

1: PC
2: Steam/Origin
3: ????
4: PROFIT

Freki

Not publishing a MMO on PC equals leaving money on the table.

- The port cots are insignifcant compared to real development costs (espacially how similar durango and orbis are to the PC architecture)
- piracy is not an issue at all

I'd really prefer to play this on my PC instead of my PS3 for KB/M inputs alone - not to speak of gfx...

dLMN8R

They probably want to save the PC reveal for the next gen console reveal, since they'll likely share the same assets.

smr00

Banned
No PC? Bummer, i probably won't get it.

It's not that i am some PC elitist, i just got my first gaming PC a week ago. I however cannot stand FPS games on consoles and have 0 interest in playing FPS games on consoles regardless if it's COD, Halo or a MMOFPS. If they allowed a KB/M i would pick it up day 1 but sadly consoles are ass backwards and don't support them. Hopefully next-gen consoles will support KB/M because it's fucking ridiculous that they don't.

FuKuy

Only reason to not release the game on PC is because they can not compete with Planetside 2....

Momentary

Banned
I believe they don't want to show next-gen assets yet since they're trying to target the tens of millions of users with PS3s and 360s and don't want to take away any steam from those versions. Then a few months after it hits consoles... BAM next gen reveal... time to double dip for those who want dem graphics.

Eideka

Banned
I'm not getting my hopes up, that's generic PR talk.

The heavy multiplayer focused saddens me, I would LOVE a SP game set in the same universe.
Call me backward as much as you want but I hate anything ressembling a multiplayer MMO.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i'm not terribly interested in playing anything of this ambition anchored to old man consoles in 2014. guess it'll depend on version disparity.

I haven't been paying attention, how is Bungie's deal with Activision structured? Could Activision just give it to one of their studios to do the port?

Top Bottom