• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie on Destiny: "We would absolutely love to be on the PC... So, stay tuned."

It seems clear that Bungie has absolutely no interest in bringing this to the PC. However they're working with a publisher that tries to bring all of their games to every platform. So it really all depends on language in their publishing contract. If Bungie explicitly maintains all of the IP rights then a PC port is doubtful. Although Activision can probably write a big enough check for that not to matter.

The End

What's clear from reading between the lines is that 1) they're trying to build hype for Destiny well before launch, 2) there's going to be "next-gen" versions of this, and 3) they can't show the next-gen versions yet because of Microsoft and Sony, and 4) taking that into account, it's more than likely they're not showing anything about the PC version because it's the base for the next-gen versions and they want to get those 360/PS3 pre-orders in the bank.

What's clear from reading between the lines is that 1) they're trying to build hype for Destiny well before launch, 2) there's going to be "next-gen" versions of this, and 3) they can't show the next-gen versions yet because of Microsoft and Sony, and 4) taking that into account, it's more than likely they're not showing anything about the PC version because it's the base for the next-gen versions and they want to get those 360/PS3 pre-orders in the bank.

They haven't shown any version of the game yet.

Xenon

What if Bungie released it for the PC but made it gamepad only? That way the could avoid balance issues between the players.

Sendou

What if Bungie released it for the PC but made it gamepad only? That way the could avoid balance issues between the players.

You know that there would be a workaround before you could even say "half of the pc players don't even own a controller", right?

"We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game -- almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo 'cause nobody wants to."

That is quite literally one of the dumbest and egotistical things I've heard from a developer in a while. Is it that nobody "wants" to play a shooter with mouse/keyboard or is it that fewer developers support mouse/keyboard controls or do them well?

It reminds me of all the old school Infinity Engine style RPGs prior to Wasteland 2 or Project Eternity. "Oh, nobody wants to play those games anymore!" When in reality its more an issue of no one was making those games, so even if you wanted to play them, you couldn't.

Same here- if you offered good mouse/keyboard support or good quicksaving functionality, I'm going to guess a good amount of people would support that.

I think that would be just as stupid as releasing a console only game and requiring mouse/keyboard.

PC games should as default be functional with mouse/keyboard, just as much as console games work by default with a gamepad.

Xenon

You know that there would be a workaround before you could even say "half of the pc players don't even own a controller", right?

Yeah but I'd expect it to work as well as some of the ones that mapped KB/M to a controller. Oblivion was unplayable with a joystick on the PC for me with the mapping software.

I think that would be just as stupid as releasing a console only game and requiring mouse/keyboard.

PC games should as default be functional with mouse/keyboard, just as much as console games work by default with a gamepad.

That's a horrible analogy since only a fraction of a percent of console owners use a K/M with their consoles.

Sipowicz

Banned
too little too late

no-one will want a late port of a game made for 8 year old hardware. PC gamers are hardly wanting for mmo's, let alone unambitious ones made for simplistic control schemes

good luck with console gamers bungie

Grief.exe

As a solo gamer almost exclusively the emphasis on multiplayer is always a bad news, I'm not very optimistic that SP only games will survive next-generation, not in the AAA space at least.

The AAA space is the opposite of where you want good single player games anyways.

Unless of course you enjoy derivative, homogenized, dumbed down experiences.

The indie and lower budget market will be able to deliver.

This makes a good deal of sense.

PCs are already in next gen. Announce that version along with the next generation versions when they can.

Open up pre orders for current generation now and get people locked in. Then they can double dip later if they wish.

Eideka

Banned
The AAA space is the opposite of where you want good single player games anyways.

Unless of course you enjoy derivative, homogenized, dumbed down experiences.

The indie and lower budget market will be able to deliver.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping.

Nonentity

Fuck, man. I love playing Bungie games, but I always want them on PC. Everyone I play multiplayer games with is solely based on PC, so being forced to play on console is the worst.

I had really hoped that with the swap to Activision they'd put a PC version out.

Not the first time Bungie makes an arrogant statement.
Eq3E9EA.jpg

I don't expect to see Bungie games on the PC. If it does happen it will most likely be a port from a third party. Activision does tend to do ports better than Microsoft so you got that going.

Hatten

Graphics look like any other game nowadays so I think that rules out PC and nextgen.

So this magical awesome thingy is just another MMOFPS with a social app layer, BFD...

I bet it will be F2P too

Opiate

It's evident that Bungie wants to do to MMOs what they did to FPS; convert them from a PC only genre to a console focused one.

It could end up being the Halo of MMOs, certainly. It could also end up being the Halo Wars of MMOs.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Graphics look like any other game nowadays so I think that rules out PC and nextgen.

So this magical awesome thingy is just another MMOFPS with a social app layer, BFD...

I bet it will be F2P too

It's almost incredible how many things can be wrong in such a short post. There literally is nothing correct in it.

BLOPS2 on WiiU allows for all sorts of controller options.
Honestly if you play with gamepad and get screwed by mouse players; switch or continue to be backwards. Its up to you.

I think its really stupid launching over this generational gap and not having a PC version.

TheTrain

ibgkG2TF5E91u3.jpg

PC, PS4, XBox 720 with probably later porting for the old gen console. PC is included with the new consoles, reads last line.

PetrCobra

No mention was made of a Wii U version.

I'll stay tuned for the PC version then.

Well if theirs a WiiU version wouldnt the gamepad give an unfair advantage over other consoles in multiplayer (if its cross multiplayer)

If the game is on PC, wouldn't pixel-perfect headshots from PC players be considered as an unfair advantage as well?

Forkball

I hate it when developers or publishers pull the "we wanna do it, but the fans have to pull their weight!" No we don't, we're already ready to pay for the game. MISSION COMPLETE.

Top Bottom