• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs confirmed for PS4 and WiiU [Update: New Screenshots, Video]

BD1

Banned
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6LZM3_wp2ps

Announced at Playstation Meeting

New live demo on presumably PS4 hardware.

Edit:
UBISOFT®'S GROUNDBREAKING NEW TITLE
WATCH_DOGS™ TO DEBUT ON PLAYSTATION®4 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM AT LAUNCH

Ubisoft® Showcases Exclusive Live Demo at PlayStation® Meeting 2013

NEW YORK - February 20, 2013 - Today, following the announcement of the PlayStation®4 from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE), Ubisoft® revealed that its highly anticipated open world action-adventure game, Watch_Dogs™, will be available for the launch of the new system.

As demonstrated onstage today at PlayStation Meeting 2013, Watch_Dogs' ambitious scope illustrates that Ubisoft is once again at the forefront of new technologies, giving freedom to development teams to create unprecedented entertainment experiences. Development of Watch_Dogs is being led by Ubisoft Montreal, with support from Ubisoft's Bucharest, Paris, Quebec and Reflections studios. Receiving more than 83 awards and nominations at E3 2012 where it was first announced, Watch_Dogs blends cutting-edge technologies and sophisticated game design into a realistic, living open world.

In Watch_Dogs, players will experience the realities of living in our fully connected society, where individuals and corporations are at risk of exposure by our ever-increasing reliance on networks and technology.

Players will assume the role of Aiden Pearce, a new type of vigilante who, with the help of his smartphone, will use his ability to hack into Chicago's central operating system (ctOS) and control almost every element of the city. Aiden will be able to tap into the city's omnipresent security cameras, download personal information to locate a target, control systems such as traffic lights or public transportation to stop a chase, and more. The city of Chicago is now the ultimate weapon.

"Ubisoft has a strong history of supporting new technologies with unique and creative offerings," said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer, Ubisoft. "The power and capability of the PS4 allows the Watch_Dogs team to further push the boundaries of what was previously thought possible in interactive entertainment."

Watch_Dogs will be available on PS4 at launch, along with its release on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Wii U™ system from Nintendo and Windows PC.

Stay connected to Watch_Dogs by visiting the official website: http://www.watchdogsgame.com, Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/watchdogsgame and Twitter account: http://twitter.com/watchdogsgame.

1361416178-2.jpg

1361416180-5.jpg

1361416181-3.jpg

1361416180-1.jpg

1361416182-4.jpg

1361416181-6.jpg

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2013/02/watch-dogs-confirmed-for-ps4-open-world.html

Eideka

Banned
Looks even better than the E3 2012 demo.

When I think some people said this level of visual fidelity would be impossible for the PS4/720....How bewildered must they feel right now.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Is it me or that they are using partially of Assassin creed engines?

I felt that main character were running just like main character in AC.

Doomrider

The demo had a really nice to flow to it, and everything seemed fun, if, of course, extremely streamlined. If they can pull that off for the entire game, this could be good.

Kid Ying

Looked even more impressive than the last trailer. The tearing was a little too much, but everything was really incredible. Getting hyped.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Pretty much the upcoming game I'm most hyped for. Demo did not disappoint despite dat tearing.

edit: youtube version of the demo has no screen tearing, nice.

That was literally Person of Interest: The Video Game. FUCK YES. I fucking loved that. Day 1. I will literally buy the console day 1 to play this game.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
this game looks fucking incredibly fun. But...umm isnt it a ps3 build/game?
Day 1 purchase no matter what system to me

SJRB

Gold Member
Ubisoft struck gold with this game.

The demo blew my mind, even though I had no idea what was going on. I love all the mystery involving this game, my bet is you get contracts from other players, hinted at through all the "everything is connected".

The security cameras also seemed controlled by another player, judged by the username.

Lulubop

Demo looked notable worse than E3, with massive screen tearing, some frame drops and bad shadows.

Better? You mess be crazy.

No open world game today comes CLOSE to Watch Dogs. The demo looked even better than last E3, jesus...

I thought it looked worse but nothing huge; it was the performance that set my teeth on edge; it seemed...very constrained and the frame rate seemed quite jumpy.

Surprisingly so. Visually it was behind a few of the other things we saw but still the most interesting game.

It's strange how the animations and UI seems straight out of Assassin's Creed. Even the takedown was AC. That weird wireframe thing AC does too. If there was a twist it was part of that universe I wouldn't be surprised at all.

we are being watched.

the government has a secret system, a machine, that spies on you every hour of every day.

will definitely buy at some point. love the concept. hopefully it works well. I miss this level of creativity. this feels like back then when Assasins Creed was announced and everyone loved it. ubisoft really does have the talent.

Kid Ying

Can't wait to see how bad the 360/PS3/Wii U version looks in comparison.

GRAW PS2, nevar forget.
I don't think it's going to be that different, but of course we won't find the same graphics without some compromises...

I think the other versions will look really fine, but with a framerate straight from hell.

Top Bottom