• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Batman 2 coming to Wii U this Spring

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
dsKJQiZl.jpg

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Announces LEGO® BatmanTM 2: DC Super Heroes for Wii UTM

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games are excited to announce that LEGO® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes, one of 2012’s best received family games, will soon be making its way onto the Wii U™ system from Nintendo this Spring 2013. Releasing to critical acclaim in June 2012, NBC News hailed it as “the best LEGO game yet,” while IGN called the story “…entertaining from start to finish.” Since its summer 2012 debut, LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes has sold more than 3.4 million units worldwide to date.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes will take advantage of the innovative Wii U™ GamePad controller. Players will navigate through Gotham City using an enhanced interactive map and select their favorite DC Comics characters to assemble a powerful team of heroes, all with the use of the controller's touchscreen. They can even enjoy the entire game experience on the GamePad in off-TV mode, or have a second player join in on the TV, so they can fight crime together without having to share a single screen.

The award-winning LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes gives players the chance to step into the shoes of the Caped Crusader and fully explore a LEGO version of Gotham City. Once again under threat from the Joker, Batman must defend Gotham with the help of powerful friends like Superman and Robin, to put a stop to the diabolical plans of his nemesis and his entire team of super villains including Lex Luthor, The Penguin and Harley Quinn. Encounter all of the Dark Knight's iconic allies and enemies in a charming, hilarious, family-friendly adventure full of exciting gameplay.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is also available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii™ system, and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS™ handheld system, Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system, and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's a shame it probably won't be discounted. There are too many ports on the Wii U for $59.99 when their 360/PS3 counterparts can already be found for well under $30.

Pociask

Should've taken the time to collect 1+2. They did it for Star Wars!

Also, pretty sure Lego Batman 2 has already been for sale for 20 bucks(or less) on other platforms. If it's not at a discount, they're sending it to die - Wii U owners can, after all, still buy and play the much cheaper Wii version.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Great game.

Can't wait for LEGO Marvel.

And City. I'll buy those two.
But if some wiiu owner is interested, Batman2 was good especially because it introduced the free roaming aspect into the Lego games. Offtv and multi with no split are good.

NotLiquid

Thank you, Warner Bros. Maybe now we can finally get a Lollipop Chainsaw port for the Wii U featuring a Catwoman costume for Juliet Starling.

Only on the Wii U.

Effect

Such a useless release. Especially since it's likely to be full price. As said you can just play the Wii version of the game on the Wii U.

Tobor

$50 for the Wii U version ...or $10 out of a bargain bin for PS3/360. Lol.

I paid $5 for the PC version on Amazon.

AHA, I remember someone saying it was a possibility but by now I thought it wasn't true. Very nice. Makes sense as it's Open World ala Lego City, so that's likely why they're doing it now as a companion to City.

Wow, another year old port from WB! Such amazing support from these guys

In fairness, they're pretty much giving all they have to give. I mean, it's not like they've been bringing out or announcing loads of titles during the Wii U's lifetime that the Wii U hasn't seen.

With Injustice and Lego Marvel both coming out in the future, as well as TT Fusion being allowed to make Lego City Undercover, I'd say WB Games are probably the third party that's most on board with Wii U right now. I thoroughly expect the next Arkham game to come to Wii U as well.

radcliff

More LEGO games are fine, I suppose. But how about some Mortal Kombat love on the Wii VC? Or better yet, the Wii U e shop with online and off-screen play!

Sadist

What's with all these old releases?

Sniper Elite V2 (May last year)
The Amazing Spider-Man, Lego Batman 2 (June last year)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

any kind of support and games is better than having no games on the system,don't you think? they just need to release them for cheap and not in full price.

Sadist

any kind of support and games is better than having no games on the system,don't you think? they just need to release them for cheap and not in full price.
Well that's the point; stores won't drop the price.

Allthough Amazing Spider-Man will be $ 40?

Fandangox

Speaking of support Warner Brothers seems to support the Wii U decently. 3 Lego games (ok they put those everywhere anyway) and The DC fighting game.

Wonder if the Next Mortal Kombat will make it?

It's a shame it probably won't be discounted. There are too many ports on the Wii U for $59.99 when their 360/PS3 counterparts can already be found for well under $30.

This is a major reason for why late ports on Nintendo systems can't sell and, in order to getaway unharmed, they later use Nintendo and it's audience as escape goat excuse for it's lackluster sales.

liger05

That wont happen though. They will be full price just like all the old ports have been.

Penguin

I feel it's that.. and partially the rest of the year between April-Sept is pretty damn barren with releases.

PRobably just trying to find games to fill the void

Top Bottom