• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Batman 2 coming to Wii U this Spring

stuminus3

Clearly they're just trying to set Nintendo on the path to ruin.

Might grab this for the wife if the price is right, I hadn't gotten around to LB2 though she finished LOTR already.

BD1

Banned
Hey, a Wii U game!

This type of stuff wouldn't be so bad if there was actually major releases on the calendar, as well. Library building is a good thing, but when Nintendo continues to fuck up with Wii U software, this becomes just another year old port.

It's a shame it probably won't be discounted. There are too many ports on the Wii U for $59.99 when their 360/PS3 counterparts can already be found for well under $30.

they will initially charge $60 for it, it will sell shit, then the price will drop to $30 accordingly soon after

Should've taken the time to collect 1+2. They did it for Star Wars!
Yeah, I think this is a route more U publishers should've taken with their really old (ie: over 9 months) ports. Mass Effect Trilogy, Batman Arkham Collection, that sort of thing.

Speaking of support Warner Brothers seems to support the Wii U decently. 3 Lego games (ok they put those everywhere anyway) and The DC fighting game.

Wonder if the Next Mortal Kombat will make it?
I'd imagine both the next MK and Arkham games get U versions. Plus every LEGO game going forward. WB seems pretty positive on Wii U, they're definitely more in the Ubisoft camp than the EA camp.

BuzzJive

This was the number 9 selling game of the year last year and it'll continue to sell at a discounted price for the next year or so I'm sure. If they launch it in the $20-$30 range, it's certainly not a bad complimentary title. It'll be one of those titles that gets picked up at a department store during the holidays.

I think we'll see a few more of these sneak out in the next couple months also.

Thank god for co-op between the gamepad and the tv. The smart screen splitting they use in the lego games always made me motion sick

Me too!

Absolutely horrid stuff and I'm definitely picking this version up for that reason alone.
I do agree they should have packed 1 and 2 together though ala Star Wars Saga
Hopefully this version is Vsynced though

$50 for the Wii U version ...or $10 out of a bargain bin for PS3/360. Lol.

I paid $5 for the PC version on Amazon.

The reality is that a casual getting a Wii U does not know this, so they will probably get it nevertheless.

But I can obviously see the issue with the price. Will probably get it after the price is lowered, no need to rush. But cannot complain, 1 more game in the system I guess.

Just the coop thing is a great feature by itself.

Brilliant. So happy they announced this. Rented it for a week or so a few months ago for my girlfriend and the little guy, and I have been hounded by the child since to buy it, he lvoed this game. Wii U version means he can do it on the game pad, huge plus, and it sounds like they've ticked all the boxes on the features you want with a Wii U version. Top stuff, will buy at £30 or lower.

The reality is that a casual getting a Wii U does not know this, so they will probably get it nevertheless.

They might know about that cheaper Wii version though.

If they were going to do this, I don't know why they just didn't bundle the first and second games together. I'd rather pay for that than pay full price for a months old release of one (assuming it's full price).

Wait, how much were the other versions upon release?

Sorry to revive this thread but I never had the chance to play the PS3 version and I would like to know if there is some info or materials about the Wii U version?

Lego games are good and Lego City Undercover made the Wii U my Lego platform (can't wait for the Marvel Lego game!).

It's listed for may 22nd here in EU and I have a coupon so I can get it for 30€ so maybe it's a great deal at this price (even if PS3 version can be found at 15-20€ easily).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
How is the game? it's only 7 euro on steam for 4 more hours.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shame it probably won't be discounted. There are too many ports on the Wii U for $59.99 when their 360/PS3 counterparts can already be found for well under $30.

steam version of this game is €5,25 today, so yeah

Gowans

Good timing it's a fiver on steam today, great game!

vz6QR4i.png

Ok thanks a lot but my point was not whether or not to buy the Steam version :p

It seems that like a lot of Wii U ports announced last year or at the beginning of 2013 there is no news and we may have something out with no previews / reviews of this version (if not a delay which is something I hope won't happen because the game is already quite aging).

sakipon

Such a bad timing. I did finish Lego City's story, but there's still things to collect. I'm just not ready for another Lego game. I'll pick it up sometime towards the end of the year.

Hopefully they won't think people just aren't interested.

So, did anyone get it? I'm curious about the gamepad coop and the framerate.

Ordered it yesterday. I'll give impressions tomorrow because I'm not at home tonight.
It'll bomb for sure but what did they expect?
It's just Nintendo's job now to make Wii U more successful while supporting more the devs who tried from the start even if it was with ports.

Frodo

About the price, it is £39.99 on the UK eShop.

Not full price, but you can easily find it for £14.99 on the PS360. So...

Got it today for my kid and sat with him and played for an hour, £30 off amazon. Game runs totally fine, much quicker load times than Lego City, graphics looks just as good as the 360 version of Lego Batman 2. Was great being able to spin off his character to the gamepad so no need for splitscreen (something you don't have to do though if you don't wish). We just played up to the point where the city is opened up to you so not used the map yet, but seems just as good as the 360 version, with off tv play and local co-op without split screen. I'd recommend. Probably my only annoyance is I can't use the classic controller when we play co-op, I have to use remote + nunchuck. Works fine, but just not my personal preference.

the lighting looks better than anything on other consoles

Just to add, I won't say you're wrong, if you feel that way or that's what you saw, cool, but personally that didn't jump out at me. I rented the 360 version for about two weeks awhile back, and I'm not seeing any real difference.

Top Bottom