• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Batman 2 coming to Wii U this Spring

Lego games are going to have their best versions on Wii U it seems.
Maybe not perfect yet but the Wii U features could be very good use in these types of games... and NFC Lego toys could be so awesome for a sort of Lego Universe (MMO / Minecraft / Disney University / LBP mix up) :eek:

Can't wait to try Lego Marvel !!!! (and Lego Batman 2 tomorrow first).

Chû Totoro;59020469 said:
Lego games are going to have their best versions on Wii U it seems.
Maybe not perfect yet but the Wii U features could be very good use in these types of games... and NFC Lego toys could be so awesome for a sort of Lego Universe (MMO / Minecraft / Disney University / LBP mix up) :eek:

Can't wait to try Lego Marvel !!!! (and Lego Batman 2 tomorrow first).

I definitely think it's a great platform for the lego series, and for kids getting into games. My kid is 5. Having the game right there on the pad in front of him where he can see the buttons is great,I hate split screen so that's great for me, and this has all those little features that lego city missed. Nintendo would be wise to secure another exclusive lego game imo. I've been playing through Lego City lately and that is a really cool game.

Got it today for my kid and sat with him and played for an hour, £30 off amazon. Game runs totally fine, much quicker load times than Lego City, graphics looks just as good as the 360 version of Lego Batman 2. Was great being able to spin off his character to the gamepad so no need for splitscreen (something you don't have to do though if you don't wish). We just played up to the point where the city is opened up to you so not used the map yet, but seems just as good as the 360 version, with off tv play and local co-op without split screen. I'd recommend. Probably my only annoyance is I can't use the classic controller when we play co-op, I have to use remote + nunchuck. Works fine, but just not my personal preference.

Just to add, I won't say you're wrong, if you feel that way or that's what you saw, cool, but personally that didn't jump out at me. I rented the 360 version for about two weeks awhile back, and I'm not seeing any real difference.

Thx man!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Good timing it's a fiver on steam today, great game!

vz6QR4i.png

Thanks. At that price. It's worth picking up.

Got it on the cheap at TRU. Will post impressions later.

From the title screen it's got worse graphics than LCU though, which isn't a good first impression.

From the title screen it's got worse graphics than LCU though, which isn't a good first impression.

To be fair, Lego City was developed exclusively for the wii u and is presumably a later revision of their engine.

So those impressions:

- Game looks to be running with vsync now!
- game pad and wiimote only it seems. No Pro Controller :(
- got used to Lego City's generous amounts of motion blur. It's dialed quite a bit back here
- I think cutscenes are real time now. I mean, I didn't notice any compression/artifacting
- 30fps 1 player
- 20-25 fps with 2 players quite often unfortunately. Presuming because the game now renders two scenes, one on TV, one on game pad
- IR aiming with wiimote
- tap gamepad to switch characters
- off screen coop is a godsend here. No more nauseating splitscreen!

Not sure what to say about that one haha. It's an older game that we already know how it looks, so yea, it was a pretty safe bet it wouldn't look as good as LCU. I wouldn't take that as too much of a worry sign that the game won't be any good.

Lego City has really killed my interest in lego games.

Haha crazy, after a few years of watching my girlfriend and now kid playing the lego games, it's city that's got me onboard playing them! The city is so dense with nooks and crannys full of weird disguises and added references etc., it's been a joy to play. Story is pretty entertaining too. All imo of course but just funny that it's your jumping off point and my jumping on.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Haha crazy, after a few years of watching my girlfriend and now kid playing the lego games, it's city that's got me onboard playing them! The city is so dense with nooks and crannys full of weird disguises and added references etc., it's been a joy to play. Story is pretty entertaining too. All imo of course but just funny that it's your jumping off point and my jumping on.

Yes, the same for me, City made me buy this now. I will play it later and come back with impressions.

Not sure what to say about that one haha. It's an older game that we already know how it looks, so yea, it was a pretty safe bet it wouldn't look as good as LCU. I wouldn't take that as too much of a worry sign that the game won't be any good.

Yep. Game's still plenty fun, but kind of ugly in comparison.

Awesome that it has not-split screen play, will have to mess with that later. Damn shame about the lack of pro controller support though.

Top Bottom