• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

Drencrom

jHVxR3k.png

DENIED

OPS

I'm kinda disappointed they didn't go with Dino Crisis 3, even though it's not co-op. Sure, I understand that it's a terrible game and killed a franchise I used to love (both as a survival horror in the original and action game in 2) but I don't think I've seen much footage of it. Maybe I should go find a LP on Youtube.

UrbanRats

I have Conflict Denied Ops on STEAM (was included with the Eidos mega pack i bought once)
Can't say i enjoyed the little i've tried as they did, lol.

I bought Conflict: Denied Ops back when it first came out because the original games were great Co-Op Third-person shooters. I was disappointed that this was in first person. The snow levels in this game were really intense though.

Wow that explanation about the concept of "Legacy" in game design seems pretty illuminating about a lot of the things wrong with games these days. Just how easy it is to slide into that pitfall and never escape, especially with the sort of factory-esque work Ubisoft does. Very disturbing.

Wow that explanation about the concept of "Legacy" in game design seems pretty illuminating about a lot of the things wrong with games these days. Just how easy it is to slide into that pitfall and never escape, especially with the sort of factory-esque work Ubisoft does. Very disturbing.

Yea pretty crazy
I was just imaging extrapolating his theories 20 years from now and picturing game reviews

"Gone are the days of a 10 point scale
There now remain only 4 ratings
Alpha
Beta
Day 1 patch
and Gold"

Kansoku

STOP PREORDERING RITZ SANDWICHES.

But yeah, scary stuff. Didn't know about this, and it explains a lot. Ubi and EA games must be full of "Legacy" then.

Minamu

At the other end of the spectrum of legacy is working with a wip game engine. That's a whole other side of frustration :)

UrbanRats

BTW PSX Betting special coming tomorrow

Aw yiss.

-
You know, those RITZ Sandwiches, makes me wonder why y'all Americans like peanut butter so much.

I bought it once (it's pretty hard to find here) because i saw it in so many movies and US tv shows, and i think it tastes terrible; the flavor is too strong, i tried one teaspoon and was already sick of the taste.. i couldn't imagine eating a whole sandwich with it.

Sorry if i shat on some sacred thing tho, didn't mean to offend or anything, just one thing that shocked me.

Hasney

Peanut butter is in every supermarket here in England. It's also glorious if you get the right stuff (sunpat super crunchy for sheezy) and Domino's do peanut butter Ben and Jerry's. Can pretty much easily find peanut butter cups everywhere now too.

Source: English man who's been eating peanut butter for at least 25 years.

Aw yiss.

-
You know, those RITZ Sandwiches, makes me wonder why y'all Americans like peanut butter so much.

I bought it once (it's pretty hard to find here) because i saw it in so many movies and US tv shows, and i think it tastes terrible; the flavor is too strong, i tried one teaspoon and was already sick of the taste.. i couldn't imagine eating a whole sandwich with it.

Sorry if i shat on some sacred thing tho, didn't mean to offend or anything, just one thing that shocked me.

You don't eat peanut butter by itself unless you are an American and can take it.

This was a good episode.

Aw yiss.

-

Just a thought, if it's so hard to find there, it might also just be bad peanut butter. Trying to find foods you're familiar with in another country often backfires.

UrbanRats

You don't eat peanut butter by itself unless you are an American and can take it.

This was a good episode.
Probably too hardcore for me.
Although i can stand Nutella, and that is sweet as shit.

Just a thought, if it's so hard to find there, it might also just be bad peanut butter. Trying to find foods you're familiar with in another country often backfires.
Took that into consideration of course.
Though it did taste like very very sweet peanuts.

This was one of the best episodes in awhile, Kyle! Timely, informative, and funny all at once. You should do an episode recommending Sony create a new Jumping Flash for their VR headset. It's the 20th anniversary of PlayStation, and man I miss when they made games like that... plus, it'd be downright perfect for VR.

Hasney

Is the subtitle of the award they're betting on just wrong again, an inside joke or a legacy bug?

EDIT: For the first one at least.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Let's do this.

Who will win GOTY at The Game Awards? Bayonetta 2
How many new games will be announced (@ TGA)? 4
Who will win Best Online Experience? Destiny
How many confirmed kills will we see during MGO? 10
How many games for Morpheus (compatible) will be announced? 4
Will a new game with the word “Shenmue” be announced? No
Will The Last Guardian appear? No

Top Bottom