• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

UrbanRats

I see Last Lavelle suffers from the same depression spikes as Bosman does.

Masterful episode, especially the finale (pre GT logo).

Guerrilla

I know this is not bossman related but holy shit this sam lake piece on Mandatory Update was HILARIOUS :D:D:D:D

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/6izpwj/mandatory-update-is-nintendo-making-a-comeback-

That was SPOT ON wow to good.

Agreed! Huber did an amazing job! First time I was geniunely laughing during mandatory update. However, the whole thing is growing on me. If I get this correctly Elyse is the main writer here, if so, Kudos Elyse, you are on the right track ;)

Ultimadrago

Going back to other episodes I missed, in "Damn, That's Romance" Damiani is checking on NeoGAF. Heh. Gotta love all the GAF love from Bosman.

Volotaire

Does anyone have any other links to other reaction Direct videos GT has done? Or have they only done the latest Ninty Direct? I looked through the Twitch archives with no success for anything past the latest one.

Hasney

Loved it.

Also, my parents did the same troll on me with a Dreamcast game. About the same level of quality too, what with it being Sega Worldwide Soccer 2000. Me and my brother didn't care, we had a blast with it.

Liked what he said about the PS4, it does all make sense and is the most rational way to look at it. It's not had the most exciting first year, but there's still promise.

OH SHIT THAT BONUS BIT

Who was on the phone to Ethan? A vice president of something? BUT WHAT?!

I thought Kyle was going to have to tell PS4 that he's been seeing someone else throughout their entire relationship. Monkey-business with that old college flame he can't quit, go-kart excursions, listening to witch-house and dressing up together, getting smashed on the side claiming he was "just hanging with some bros". He should be ashamed. Deeply.

Hasney

To be fair, I've had bowel movements with more lore than Destiny. But Bosman lore goes deep. It's awesome, especially as I missed a couple of bits and now feel caught up.

Ploid 3.0

I thought Kyle was going to have to tell PS4 that he's been seeing someone else throughout their entire relationship. Monkey-business with that old college flame he can't quit, go-kart excursions, listening to witch-house and dressing up together, getting smashed on the side claiming he was "just hanging with some bros". He should be ashamed. Deeply.

Yeah me too, that would have been awesome, especially how WiiU has been doing so good with games lately.

Kansoku

Yeah, I was expecting that as well.

That was a great episode. Yeah, my love of consoles when I was a kid was much different than now. I still remember when I got an N64 and Mario 64 for Christmas. And the PS2 was the first system I bought with my own money and also the first system I preordered (thank you toysrus.com). SSX really did look awesome on launch day. Heck, I even had fun playing Summoner. I'm even a bit nostalgic for the Wii launch since that was the only time I camped out. I didn't even want a Wii until I got into the hype literally two days before launch. I ended up camping out at Target. Some guys had an SD TV, a generator, and a SNES hooked up. Everyone in line had DSs and we played a bunch of Mario Kart. Some guy I befriended had Pabst in a pillow case and gave me one. That was an awesome night. But I definitely don't have fond memories of the Wii as I do with older systems. Possibly because the waggle controls annoyed me more than I liked them, outside of Wii Sports and Skyward Sword.

Nice bonus bit.
I welcome the return of lore.

Has anyone noticed that the GT people seem stressed since the move to Defy? In GT Time and Just Played everyone talks about how they don't have time to play games. And the lack of bonus bits on the Final Bosman makes me think everyone is pressed for time now that people have been let go. I hope they don't burn out.

Lace

gcFBRBi.gif

I think this sums up the episode pretty well.
This gif turned out to be the biggest waste of my time.

Kyle Bosman, you're my hero. Love the anecdotes, we've all got similar memories— I know I do.

But that bonus bit. Man, that bonus bit. The stuff of legends. Keep on doing what you're doing, Kyle. There are many more lore experts lurking in the shadows...

Hasney

Has anyone noticed that the GT people seem stressed since the move to Defy? In GT Time and Just Played everyone talks about how they don't have time to play games. And the lack of bonus bits on the Final Bosman makes me think everyone is pressed for time now that people have been let go. I hope they don't burn out.

I don't think it's really the move to Defy as much as it being the season. There's so much out, so many things to cover that everyone is stretched.

Also, the lore never really went away. It's just used sparingly because it may overstay its welcome if it's forced in every week.
that never happened to me. clearly my parents love neither me nor videogames

My dad knew videogames too well. We had an Atari 2600 when I was born and my dad made me justify my Dreamcast present. He asked me if I thought Sega would make a successful console this time and I said "They have to after the Saturn. What are they going to do, just leave the console market?"

Haha... Hahahaha.

Oh well, I still play it now, so it worked out even if Sega didn't.

Mariolee

Those stories really got to me. My dad always faked me out with my gaming systems. I had always had the N64 and SNES since I was born in 95. However, I remember my dad just coming home one day in like 2003 I think and in his hands was the motherfucking Gamecube packaged with Starfox Adventures for HOURS. Coming off of the N64, the graphics blew my mind to smithereens and I've loved that game ever since. Same thing with the Wii. Coming home from school one day I was helping my dad unload the groceries when lo and behold, one bag is a bit heavier than the others. I look inside and BOOM. Wii. You know Wii Sports was on all day everyday. Hell, I even rented Spider-Man 3 that day and loved it. Finally just a few months ago even, I'm still living with my parents while doing uni to save money for med school but I had saved up money from freelance design work to buy myself a Wii U. I had expected it to come like a week later, but in a few days it had actually arrived and my father hadn't told me until a day later. I was stoked.

Cof7a2C.gif

Also oh my goodness. That bonus bit was genius. The lore is deeper than we expected. That had me busting up the entire time.

Top Bottom