• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

eso76

Great find.

Unless this is debunked, I'd say TeamCG has this in the bag.

So detectiveGAF discovered that Joakim was on drugs and Geoff wasn't.
Nice find.

(Or maybe, you know, he didn't stare at the light long enough for his pupil to shrink :p)

560 40.00%
840 60.00%

Ouch, this is a worse beating than Romney.

countymapredbluer1024.png

Revoh

I would be dissapointed if this is not CG.
This is the leap I'm waiting for... I want to be WOWed once again.

I want to believe :(

LOL you made me do a double take just in case. :)

Why does that guy on the right have some sort of tape on his knee?
Probably no time to buy new pants. A quick fix for a tear. No idea... New fashion thingy in Japan?
I used ducttape to repair my shoes for a year. I was poor at that time though :p.

Persona86

Banned
Probably no time to buy new pants. A quick fix for a tear. No idea... New fashion thingy in Japan?
I used ducttape to repair my shoes for a year. I was poor at that time though :p.
Ah yeah it's probably some fashion.
I'm pretty poor right now myself(no job), I'm planning to superglue a hole back together in my shoes LOL.

TheExodu5

Banned
Voted CG but that's because I had only seen the video on my phone thus far. I watched the HD video off the Gametrailers site...it's clearly real. There's no way CG has advanced to that level.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Don't worry, we will triumph in the end.

Voice of Reason = Team CG

Up = Down

Wrong = Right

After a quick browse this is the best example of realistic facial animation I could find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlKyu32NPUw&hd=1

Funnily enough, they're attending GDC.

Ah, this again?
I brought it up some 5000 or so posts ago, thought it made a good argument in favor of possible CG, until I saw the HQ version of the GT interview rather than the shitty youtube one.
Still, cool tech.

javac

Voted CG but that's because I had only seen the video on my phone thus far. I watched the HD video off the Gametrailers site...it's clearly real. There's no way CG has advanced to that level.

Your phone saved your life, Kojima will spare your life.

Hermii

Voice of Reason = Team CG

Up = Down

Wrong = Right

Ah, this again?
I brought it up some 5000 or so posts ago, thought it made a good argument in favor of possible CG, until I saw the HQ version of the GT interview rather than the shitty youtube one.
Still, cool tech.

Is this 1984 ?

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery

Ignorance is strength

2 + 2 = 5

Is Joakim big brother ?

So what are the good reasons for believing this could be CG? I don't see any.

Have you seen Joakim's eyes? They're marble white. Even away from the iris, where eyes tend to get redder or yellower, his are solid white. I'm not pointing out the difference in white balance between his and Geoff's shots but specifically the lack of a gradient in the actual colour of the eye.

Pretty much what you might suspect if someone filmed Joakim in one of those light box thingies NVIDIA was going on about recently and then stuck in some eyeballs, for instance.

So I went a-looking for mistakes and found this:

iqMC0tBqvLRGj.png

On the top left you see Joakim's eye looking away from the light, on the bottom left looking more or less at it, on the top right Geoff's looking away, on the bottom right looking at it. Someone's pupil is malfunctioning.

Goodbye TeamReal, I'm defecting!

I can't vote anyway *maniacal lol*

#TeamCG

Now join us. We can't assure you you'll be right at the end, but we can provide you an epic trip you'll never forget.

I want to believe, but every time the thought crosses my mind I just can't come to grips with a game engine rendering CG that looks significantly better than any CG I've seen in any movie, ever.

PNrTREg.jpg

Nickiepoo

Oh jesus christ, people are actually arguing about this. It's not CG, no way.

Even if it was it would have taken weeks to render so I'm not sure what the point of this 'demo' would have been within the context of a videogame. 'Kojima has access to ultra high rez textures and facial mocap that we'll never see ingame, yippie!'

Desaan

The fact that it's provoked so much discussion is also a stroke of PR genius. With NVIDIA showing off their new face engine we've finally reached a point in graphics technology where the line has begun to blur.

#TEAMCG

Top Bottom