• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Persona86

Banned
Have you seen Joakim's eyes? They're marble white. Even away from the iris, where eyes tend to get redder or yellower, his are solid white. I'm not pointing out the difference in white balance between his and Geoff's shots but specifically the lack of a gradient in the actual colour of the eye.

Pretty much what you might suspect if someone filmed Joakim in one of those light box thingies NVIDIA was going on about recently and then stuck in some eyeballs, for instance.

So I went a-looking for mistakes and found this:

iqMC0tBqvLRGj.png

On the top left you see Joakim's eye looking away from the light, on the bottom left looking more or less at it, on the top right Geoff's looking away, on the bottom right looking at it. Someone's pupil is malfunctioning.

Goodbye TeamReal, I'm defecting!

I can't vote anyway *maniacal lol*

#TeamCG
I'm proud of you solider.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Do you think Mogren is crying over how the internet is treating him like a big fat phony?

Do you think AI can even feel?

Cartman86

Banned
This shit looks better than any film CG ever? No fucking way. Only way this would be possible is if they went the LA Noire route, and if that is the case it invalidates the question since its capturing video of the persons face. If it is true then its the most impressive graphics shown ever no matter the context of the year. #TeamReal

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Question for #TeamReal: if he's just a dude, what's the point of the Fox Engine question and weird look at the end?

...because the joke was that The Phantom Pain is not a Kojima Productions title, and revealing it running on the Fox Engine implies it is.

MormaPope

Banned
...because the joke was that The Phantom Pain is not a Kojima Productions title, and revealing it running on the Fox Engine implies it is.

No matter what that was the first impression I got, the CG theory came afterwards when someone mentioned it in one of the pre-interview threads. It's not pointless without the CG theory, but it was a pretty simple and silly joke driven interview that's intentions are easily understood.

Until the CG theory....

I can't vote in the poll! :( (I'm TeamCG though. Only because I want to beLIEve)

Kojima Joakim always gives us the best GAF threads.

Seriously. Nobody even compares.

No lie. The first Phantom Pain trailer is what got me addicted to this site and encouraged me to register. Kojima-powah!

Persona86

Banned
This shit looks better than any film CG ever? No fucking way. Only way this would be possible is if they went the LA Noire route, and if that is the case it invalidates the question since its capturing video of the persons face. If it is true then its the most impressive graphics shown ever no matter the context of the year. #TeamReal

How would using similar tech to LA Noire invalidate the question? CG is CG.

Wtf

So advancing la noire like tech to bridge the gap in facial animation no longer counts?

That's what most of teamcg has been speculating; joakim a real life person being used as a model for cg.

Team real member starting to back pedal?

hoverX

What fucking company would put a guy on tv with bandages all over his face? I'm guessing its cg. It's easier to model cg bandages instead of something hard like hair.

Stillmatic

On the subject of lighting...

If you think this lighting matches up, then they're in the same room.

If not, then they've deceived us at least once, and their house of cards will fall!!

Joakeighley: (didn't alter color/contrast levels at all)
joakeighleytmpb7.png

Bonus avatar for playing: (altered contrast)
joakeighleyav5vpkq.png

Branduil

Have you seen Joakim's eyes? They're marble white. Even away from the iris, where eyes tend to get redder or yellower, his are solid white. I'm not pointing out the difference in white balance between his and Geoff's shots but specifically the lack of a gradient in the actual colour of the eye.

Pretty much what you might suspect if someone filmed Joakim in one of those light box thingies NVIDIA was going on about recently and then stuck in some eyeballs, for instance.

So I went a-looking for mistakes and found this:

iqMC0tBqvLRGj.png

On the top left you see Joakim's eye looking away from the light, on the bottom left looking more or less at it, on the top right Geoff's looking away, on the bottom right looking at it. Someone's pupil is malfunctioning.

Goodbye TeamReal, I'm defecting!

I can't vote anyway *maniacal lol*

#TeamCG

So now this thread has literally Huelen'd itself.

This thread is an object lesson in overthinking something.

I'm on that CG-Boat baby. I don't care about rationalization, I do that enough in my daily life

NeoGAF = BELIEVE.

Usually Jeff is standing next to a guy when interviewing on GTTV. The fact that he didn't now is both a great publicity stunt and 100% fact that this is CG ;P

AkIRA_22

TeamCG. The left cheek isn't lit perfectly. And the not moving bottom eye lid is a tell tale, I sat in front of my girlfriend asking her to move her lids and they ALWAYS moved together... she then walked out on me thinking I was insane.

Unfortunately, many apparently disagree. In this thread and others of the like.
Ehh.. That was a joke.... Djeezus christ.
Quite an obvious one.

Anyway:
The "i want to believe" people are not really making a choice on what they think but on what they hope. We all hope cg like this is possible. But saying it IS cg because you HOPE almost sounds scary. Like religion.

Also, this is not a team effort. It's a personal choice. There is no "team" in "i".

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Team CG. Really hoping I turn out to be correct, as the reaction from Team Real would be amazing. If it turns out Joakim is real, it won't be as interesting.

teo72

Neo Member
Can't believe you guys are even discussing this. The dude in the interview being interviewed, is obviously the same dude as the interviewer. They have only photoshoped it to look like to different people. The dude in the phantom pain trailer is CG and look different and clearly is computer graphics.

Conclution: Both interviewer and person being interviewed is real people, and the same dude.

Top Bottom