• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Durante

That fox engine comparison keeps popping up. It's not as good as it first seems. The complete difference in shape of the chair's backs, lack of reflection on the flatscreen and other objects, as well as the darks not being quite as dark in picture B are all fairly obvious tells.
Not to mention the obvious aliasing on the board in the third row, even on these tiny pictures.

The craziest thing about all this is that I'm almost sure that the great granddaddy of all carnival of stupid threads was started by another Kojima viral marketing campaign (wasn't it Metal Gear Solid Soda or something?) yet we keep falling for this stuff again and again.

I THINK I FIGURED OUT PHANTOM PAIN

IT'S SET AFTER METAL GEAR SOLID 2

Big Boss's body is getting repaired from being destroyed by Snake. This is the same time after they've used Solidus's body to repair him, but he's not done yet - he still has an arm to go. Big Boss is hooked up to a VR machine while in a comatose state that forces him to prepare for battle and rehabilitation while in it. Ground Zeroes takes place after the Phantom Pain trailer, because it's more advanced in the program. The REAL game is going to be in two parts - Big Boss, who you play through his VR in, and eventually escape the hospital once he's unhooked from it - and part two, in which you play as Solid Snake and Otacon in Philanthropy, travelling the world and destroying Metal Gears, which fits much better into the open world theory. It would also make sense to the advanced technology we see Big Boss using in the Ground Zeroes trailer... Because it's modern times, but the VR puts him in the situation shortly after Peace Walker. It also explains why he looks so fucking old in the trailer, with the grey hair even though it's supposedly right after Peace Walker. Maybe the burnt man, and the reverse XOC thing is a representation of Big Boss's burnt body and subconscious?

I'M NOT CRAZY I SWEAR

people have to understand, that "advanced tech" in the Ground Zeroes trailer is not something out of place. The Metal Gear universe always has had technology and timeline that is more advanced than the real world, but that also reflects the future of what the real world may eventually have.

the soliton radar was invented by Mei Ling, but the tech existed even before that. in Peace Walker, Big Boss's group developed something similar, and that was before the events of ground zeroes.

also, by your theory it makes no sense whatsoever that Chico would be in the Ground Zeroes trailer.

people have to understand, that "advanced tech" in the Ground Zeroes trailer is not something out of place. The Metal Gear universe always has had technology and timeline that is more advanced than the real world, but that also reflects the future of what the real world may eventually have.

PW has a Soliton Radar, for example. And the picture of it looks like the one showed in GZ trailer. So I wouldn't use it as proof of tech that souldn't be there.

I THINK I FIGURED OUT PHANTOM PAIN

IT'S SET AFTER METAL GEAR SOLID 2

Big Boss's body is getting repaired from being destroyed by Snake. This is the same time after they've used Solidus's body to repair him, but he's not done yet - he still has an arm to go. Big Boss is hooked up to a VR machine while in a comatose state that forces him to prepare for battle and rehabilitation while in it. Ground Zeroes takes place after the Phantom Pain trailer, because it's more advanced in the program. The REAL game is going to be in two parts - Big Boss, who you play through his VR in, and eventually escape the hospital once he's unhooked from it - and part two, in which you play as Solid Snake and Otacon in Philanthropy, travelling the world and destroying Metal Gears, which fits much better into the open world theory. It would also make sense to the advanced technology we see Big Boss using in the Ground Zeroes trailer... Because it's modern times, but the VR puts him in the situation shortly after Peace Walker. It also explains why he looks so fucking old in the trailer, with the grey hair even though it's supposedly right after Peace Walker. Maybe the burnt man, and the reverse XOC thing is a representation of Big Boss's burnt body and subconscious?

I'M NOT CRAZY I SWEAR

"If you take this at face value, it seems probable that Big Boss is in a coma, undergoing VR 'therapy'. It might explain a lot of questions about MGS: Ground Zeroes, like why we saw images of Old and Young Snake, the presence of the high-tech iDroid map device in the game's mooted 1970s setting and those mysterious flashing lights - best explained in 'The Swoosh Code Conspiracy', where we previously made the link to a form of VR training, or some device that allows you to skip between time periods."

"If all the clues are correct, The Phantom Pain goes one step further. Big Boss is in a coma, unable to escape his own subconscious and subjected to VR training. What is real? What is fake? Big Boss (or Snake) can't discern, and neither can we. In fact, there's an entire marketing campaign built around blurring those boundaries. Moby Dick Studio and Joakim Mogren might be 'fake', but under Kojima's control."

I was wondering why no one mentioned that video.
Can't wait till wednesday for Based Kojima to unveil the truth

tumblr_mi6welWqTn1r1hz41o1_250.gif

people have posted it many times in this thread.

tl;dr/pointform:
- big boss is in hospital because he's being fixed up from Snake burning him to near death
- he's hooked up to VR when he's comatose
- Phantom Pain is his first VR experience rehabilitating him, his body isn't finished being rebuilt with Solidus's parts yet hence the missing arm
- the fire represents Snake burning him, and Volgin, etc are just haunting memories
- Ground Zeroes is one of the final levels of VR for Big Boss
- the "new tech" that didn't make sense in the trailer (I.E. the holographic PDA thing) are real world things from current times Big Boss is using in VR
- he looks old in the Ground Zeroes trailer because he is old, just in VR (not the lighting thing like Kojima claimed)
- the burned man is a subconcious projection of how he looked once Snake fucked him up
- Doyle will play Big Boss because it's old Big Boss, hence Hayter's tweet

Adding this to the insane/probable theory: - Big Boss hallucinating about Dr Kio Marv whom he kidnapped and used for his own purposes.

the-phantom-pain-god-save-the-snake-14.jpg

AlphaDump

Gold Member
I'm thinking it was used in the same way most mobile phone apps work where you can add features to your face, only a next gen version of it.

Dude was real, but the bandages were not. Augmented reality type stuff.

Real Image Metrics would require too much horse power.

Do you know what I think about the whole Ground Zeroes , The Phantom Pain, Fromx FOX two phantoms were born and the FOX Engine?

I think Ground Zeroes was built with current-gen version of the FOX Engine, but The Phantom Pain was developed with the next-gen version of the Fox Engine in mind but was shown at the VGAs with the current-gen version of the engine just to check people's impression about the concept first and then fool them and wow them with the new graphics, hence we will be having a trailer for Ground Zeroes and a trailer for The Phantom Pain both made by Kojima. It is totally typical of him. (When developing MGS2, they staretd by rebuilding MGS1 areas and models with MGS2's engine so they can train themselves with the new engine. Someday it led to MGS The Twin Snakes and Shadow Moses redone in MGS4). It would be funny to see the bandaged man aka Joakim Mogren (or maybe injured Grey Fox after MG2) mocking the old game engine by showing some pics of it while the next version of him started a war of dementia here).

Keslord

Banned
You're all right
- if -> TeamCG :D

If this is true then why don't the burned man and Big Boss have the same voice actor?

If you inhale smoke it can damage your vocal cords. I can only imagine what it does to someone who was burnt alive.

Also, to those saying the theory doesn't make sense since Chico is in the GZ trailer - it's VR. Big Boss is being put through an exercise in which he is being tested on how well he'd still react to a situation like that.

Maybe the taboo of Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain isn't just child soldiers, but a very serious overlook of experimentation on soldiers with PTSD.

ezekial45

Banned
tl;dr/pointform:
- big boss is in hospital because he's being fixed up from Snake burning him to near death
- Phantom Pain is his first VR experience rehabilitating him, his body isn't finished being rebuilt with Solidus's parts yet hence the missing arm
- the fire represents Snake burning him, and Volgin, etc are just haunting memories
- the "new tech" that didn't make sense in the trailer (I.E. the holographic PDA thing) are real world things from current times Big Boss is using in VR
- he looks old in the Ground Zeroes trailer because he is old, just in VR (not the lighting thing like Kojima claimed)
- the burned man is a subconcious projection of how he looked once Snake fucked him up

I don't care if this is debunked, what you just described is awesome and it sounds entirely plausible. It sounds like I would be an awesome game.

Bravo, sir.

tl;dr/pointform:

But the japanese voice is still Snake voice instead of the Big Boss voice in MGS4 (which is the real father of Akio Ōtsuka).

Also what's the deal of the plot, after reviving all his memories on VR he wakes up to send a message to Snake and die 15 min later?

tl;dr/pointform:

BEWARE, a 9 men squad of tatical ninjas has just left Tokyo, i would run if i were you !

I always knew you was the Kojima betrayer !!!

After 2 wasn't there a VR theory for every MGS game that came out since? I remember the idea of 3 being a VR mission, then the Old Snake/Young Snake footage seen in 4 being VR. Considering the VR representation in the games always being very simple visually, I don't think it'll be the case.

Keslord

Banned
I don't care if this is debunked, what you just described is awesome and it sounds entirely plausible. It sounds like I would be an awesome game.

Bravo, sir.

It can't be debunked until the game is out. There are no holes in my theory. Nanomachines, son.

Top Bottom