• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Press Play, Microsoft's new studio, announces Max: The Curse of Brotherhood for XBLA

I searched, but couldn't find anything posted yet.

Press Play ffinally announced their first Xbox 360 game, having previously released Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin and Max & the Magic Marker on other platforms. Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is a spiritual successor to the latter. Apparently it started life two years ago as a PlayStation game, but then Microsoft bought the company so now it's on XBLA.

the official website said:
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is a fantastic adventure for everyone. At its core it’s a platformer with puzzles in it. The puzzles are based on physics and designed around the Magic Marker, which over the course of the game gains incredible powers to manipulate the environment.

From launch the game will be available on XBLA for 1200 Microsoft Points.

max-the-curse-of-brotjbp3x.jpg
max-the-curse-of-brotairmu.jpg

max-the-curse-of-brott4ruq.jpg
max-the-curse-of-brot8wqyl.jpg

max-the-curse-of-brotp2q6q.jpg
max-the-curse-of-brottaqgq.jpg

max-the-curse-of-brote7pgv.jpg
max-the-curse-of-brotflqjk.jpg

m-tcob_black_rock_canlkkhs.jpg
m-tcob_father_oaksqkqb.jpg

m-tcob_into_the_wildlajyp.jpg
m-tcob_sea_of_sande5jxg.jpg

m-tcob_tomb_of_the_giz9km5.jpg

It's coming "this Spring", and here's the first trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZuvfourorE

I quite like what I'm seeing.

Omikaru

I'm surprised he was using the "Giggle" search engine instead of Bing. Microsoft should be on the button with their brand synergy.

Seriously though, the game looks neat.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Frankly, I think Max and the Magic Marker sucked hard (on WiiWare and PC), but Tentacles was pretty neat. I think these guys were a good buy because there's a certain amount of flexibility for them--they can make mobile games, which I think is why Microsoft bought them, but they could also easily be deployed for XBLA-tier stuff, so if, say, WP software sales are crummy, they're a good fit doing something bigger.

Not really sure why they reused Max as a character and controller-as-cursor is terrible, but it looks very pretty and the levels seem much more engaging than Magic Marker. Very cute, kid friendly. I'll definitely give it a try.

Looks fantastic. New IP too.

How is it a new IP?

eXistor

Outside of the character designs (yikes!) it looks pretty sweet! The crayon better be the second analog stick and not Kinect or some shit.

Superflat

Dayum that is a pretty lookin game. Charming, colorful world with physics based puzzles and platforming? I LIKE.

I would be sorta wary about that magic marker though, is this a Kinect game?

The marker looks like something I'd use on a tablet device or something. If it's stick controlled, it looks like it could get sloppy.

Looks charming. I have been very happy with xbla. Xbla is probably the only reason to play xbox besides multiplats and the occasional halo or gears.

Tyrax

add it to the list of 360 exclusives along with lococycle, state of decay, Charlie murder, motocross madness and crimson dragon that neogaf conveniently forgets when they say xbox has no exclusives. Still waiting for more XBLA announcements too.

Top Bottom