• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Press Play, Microsoft's new studio, announces Max: The Curse of Brotherhood for XBLA

Withnail

Max and the Magic Marker was completely ignored on PSN. Wonder how this will turn out. I guess the devs are pretty happy to have the MS hype machine backing them up.

Wow, that didn't inspire me with the screenshots, but in motion, looks like a great time! Any date on release or is this likely to be part of the Summer of Arcade this year?

edit: duh...read the "Spring" timeframe.

Takao

Banned
Looks fantastic. New IP too.

Although I'm sure it'll get ignored in "teh console warz" because it's downloadable.

It'll be ignored because it's actually a sequel to this:

pUwiwTbm.jpg

(Released on a variety of other platforms as well)

Raide

Not sure how well the marker controls will work with Kinect or the pad. Definitely would be better for move.

Move cursor around, draw shapes, finish game. Will be interesting to see if they do something more than just drawing shapes using Kinect.

Bgamer90

Banned
add it to the list of 360 exclusives along with lococycle, state of decay, Charlie murder, motocross madness and crimson dragon that neogaf conveniently forgets when they say xbox has no exclusives. Still waiting for more XBLA announcements too.

Shhh... don't start that.

Been through it so many times (lol).

sunnz

add it to the list of 360 exclusives along with lococycle, state of decay, Charlie murder, motocross madness and crimson dragon that neogaf conveniently forgets when they say xbox has no exclusives. Still waiting for more XBLA announcements too.

State of decay is coming to the PC too... ( not same day as XBL, but it is soon)

Arcade exclusives, yea that is what you get.

Sweet. Will definitely give it a look.

For me this gen would have been shit if it wasn't for PSN and XBLA. So yeah, keep those sort of games coming, even if some people don't seem to think they count as "real" games.

Platy

I searched, but couldn't find anything posted yet.

Press Play ffinally announced their first Xbox 360 game, having previously released Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin and Max & the Magic Marker on other platforms. Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is a spiritual successor to the latter. Apparently it started life two years ago as a PlayStation game, but then Microsoft bought the company so now it's on XBLA.

...spiritual sucessor ?

HOW ?

It is basicaly the same game with polygons and dark enviroments o_O

Doffen

It looks pretty. Will defiantly keep an eye on it.

State of decay is coming to the PC too... ( not same day as XBL, but it is soon)

More interesting; State of Decay will be one of the few 3. party XBLA games where Microsoft owns the IP.

kadotsu

Banned
The game looks charming. If it plays well and has enough content I will get this one for sure. I will however wait my 6 months so I can be sure that no Steam version is planned. Regardless, it's great to see MS creating some non-Kinect family titles. Now they only need to promote XBLA again.

Looks like its a "touch" focused game tho. That pen appearing seems to indicate that. I dont see how that would work very well with a controller and no touch.

Feindflug

You try to make it sound like it's a bad thing or something.

Indie games were cool in 2012, 3-4 months later they are back into "who cares?" territory...it's funny but somehow totally predictable.

BTW the game looks amazing visually, hopefully it will play as good as it looks.

a smartglass experience that actually factors into the core gameplay?

I dunno, im getting an "iphone type game" vibe from this. Like the character advances automatically on his own and you touch the screen to make shit appear and make him jump when you have to. Unless they've confirmed a controller for this?

abadguy

Banned
More casual Kinect crap from MS. I bet theres a paywall to ads in here somewhere as well.

Ah so platformers are now considered "casual" these days eh? When did that happen?

EDIT: Oh wait maybe you were being sarcastic.( i hope). Detector is still on the fritz.

Top Bottom