• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Press Play, Microsoft's new studio, announces Max: The Curse of Brotherhood for XBLA

pants

Dont like the visual style seems a bit too "cool". Like that they are putting this out though, reminds me of Gianna Sisters a bit.

CREMSteve

Looks awesome.... aside from the pencil mechanic. What's wrong with a good ol' platformer without the gimmicks?

Kind of reminds me a bit of Heart of Darkness.

OnPoint

I played it this afternoon. It was good. I feel like the game is being built to maximize the marker, so if anyone is worried this is a platformer with a gimmick slapped on shouldn't.

The demo concentrated on drawing vines, cutting them for swinging and creating branches to extend ledges. Each challenge involving these elements was explicitly crafted to use these mechanics and, while holding the trigger to activate the marker is different, it added something fresh to a game that would be sorely lacking without.

The actual platforming and controls were tight with a decent jump arc and natural speed. I'd say keep an eye on it, it was pretty good.

I played it this afternoon. It was good. I feel like the game is being built to maximize the marker, so if anyone is worried this is a platformer with a gimmick slapped on shouldn't.

The demo concentrated on drawing vines, cutting them for swinging and creating branches to extend ledges. Each challenge involving these elements was explicitly crafted to use these mechanics and, while holding the trigger to activate the marker is different, it added something fresh to a game that would be sorely lacking without.

The actual platforming and controls were tight with a decent jump arc and natural speed. I'd say keep an eye on it, it was pretty good.

Fuck yes man, thank you for the description. What you described is exactly what I was hoping. I think this may be a hit on XBL. I hope they put it as part of their XBLA Spring line up since it is due to release around then.

statham

me likey

it looks very nice but I don't like thart "floaty controls" comment :\

by the way, thank god you control the marker with the R trigger, not Kinect

Fabrik

Banned
Very nice! Reminded me of Heart Of Darkness a bit too.
Shit, it's for new family friendly franchises like this that would make me choose Durango over PS4.

amardilo

This game looks really good. I'm kind of pleased with how good it looks when compared to previous Press Play games (I am not saying they were bad). I know they were mostly phone/mobile games but this looks like a step up. I love 2D/2.5D platformers and I'm glad they are still being made today.

If they controls are not floaty and the story has at least has a bit of humour (I think a more playful funny story would go with the art style) I think this could be a day 1 purchase for me at 1200msp.

No, it's been delayed for undisclosed reasons. Apparently, Microsoft has grown fond of the IP so they want to do it justice.

I hope that's the case and Microsoft are giving the developer more time and resources to really make that game shine.

I hope this game does turns out good. It sounds like it has a lot of potential and I'm very happy they decided not to go with Kinect on this. Good move.

Top Bottom