The exploit is now Dead.
If you havent begun the download from the Chinese marketplace, you can no longer get the game for free.
If you got the download to start, got to 80 and it failed:
Your still in the process of downloading the game and you havent got to 80% yet:
simply migrate your chinese account to your home country on Xbox.com. Re-download if you got to 80%, if at less than 80%, migrate while downloading. You can re-download from your download history in the account management section on your Xbox360 and you should be good to go.
You can migrate your account once every 3 months.
Make sure you migrate to your home country, cant say that enough. That way you will pass the IP check and can download past 80%.
That pretty much sums it all up, any other questions feel free to ask as a few people in here got it to work.
Searched but didn't find a thread.
Seems you can get the full version of Assassin's Creed 3 for free to Chinese Xbox accounts.
I first made a China based hotmail account, then a china based Xbox profile, and started the download from PC. When I logged into the account on my 360 it starts to download itself.
I used Google translate to help in the process.
It's almost 8gb total.
Game is in English.
Info to make getting the game easier:
This is what I did:
1. Make an @live.com account with the country set to China, also make sure you put an alternate email or phone number for the security code
2. Log in on the link in the OP and download AC3.
3. It asked me to make my Xbox Live account, and to confirm my address and security code (either it's texted or emailed, whatever you provided).
4. Put in Shanghai for City and 100600 for Zip Code and you should be good.
5. You can now download it.
6. Log on to your Xbox 360, sign in to the account created, open up the guide, go to download history, and download AC3.
7. When it's done downloading, you can go on your main account and play.
- Game is in English
- They can't, and won't ban you for this
- Anyone who's being asked to pay is either not signed in to the account, or didn't chose "China" when making it
- Any account on the Xbox can play it
- You get asked for Billing Info, but you can literally put anything in there (although use 01000 as zip code)
- They can't, and won't ban you for this, I've got accounts in 6 different regions, all from stuff like this.
In regards to the failing, due to IP check - If you've already got it on your download history, has anyone tried doing a account migration?
Came up on a GameFAQs topic about it. Assassin's Creed 3 is linked to the profile, that's set. The profile is based in China, which obviously isn't USA/UK/wherever you are. If you do a migration to your home country, the IP check will pass.
My internet is horrendous (I download at 400 kb/s), so I won't be able to see if my download passes or not (currently at 35%), but this may be worth looking in to. If it is 'corrupting' at 80%, you MAY just need to download the remaining 20%, or possibly the whole thing.
I'll check this topic tomorrow morning when I wake up, to see if anyone's tried the migration!