• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony trademarks "Destiny of Spirits"

LuuKyK

It was kinda lost in the Sony WRPG discussion, no? It probably deserves its own thread. Lock if not.

Destiny_85690_640screen.jpg

Sony has filed an application with the United States Patent & Trademark Office for "Destiny of Spirits." The March 26 application covers "computer game software; electronic game software for handheld electronic devices; video game software."

No further information is available and a Sony representative was not immediately available to comment.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-seeking-destiny-of-spirits-trademark-6406228

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn85887205&docId=FTK20130329074012#docIndex=1&page=1

Orayn

I hope it's a Sony original take on Demon's Souls, like Soul Sacrifice kind of was to Monster Hunter.

Derrick01

Banned
Makes it sound like yet another generic fantasy rpg that won't be worth playing or do anything different from the million other generic fantasy rpgs. Really poor name selection.

Mung

Wow everyone is always negative by default! And just based on the name too. You probably would have said the same hearing 'final fantasy' for the first time.

JDSN

Banned
Wow, which name generator they used for it? It looks like the shooter one.
Destiny of Spirits: Honor of Duty.

Cornbread78

Makes it sound like yet another generic fantasy rpg that won't be worth playing or do anything different from the million other generic fantasy rpgs. Really poor name selection.

I'll take it and love everything about it if they actually made a new handheld RPG. Who cares about the name if they can actually make a good game with it, lol. New "Destinay of" series of RPGs to go along with the "Tales of" series.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Anyhow, does the description mean it's specifically for handheld or is it a generic description that's used for all patents of this nature?

Metaroo

I swear I did a double take. This definitely brings to mind the Souls games. Even the logo is eerily similar.

maltrain

The "inspired name" debate is pointless, it is very subjective if you like a name or not.

I think he is being ironic.

Ah, okay. Well, in fact, I think "on the paper", there are a few names really "inspired"... and many of them are already taken.

A few exceptions maybe are, for me, like "Watch Dogs", great name without knowing anything about that game.

Top Bottom