• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony trademarks "Destiny of Spirits"

Magnus

What a generic, boring-ass name.

What exactly would an 'inspired' name, be?

Something that didn't look like it was spat out of a name generator. It's terribly generic.

And it almost doesn't matter; if enough people think it looks bland and boring, as they do in this thread, then it's bland and boring.

No worse than Demon's Souls (which is a really, really awful name if you think about it long enough.

If you told me 4 years ago that I would sink 400+ hours into a game called "Demon's Souls" I would have laughed for days.

Jay Sosa

Sounds like a JRPG.

eGdzM2Z3MTI=_o_mr-burns---excellent---franais.jpg

Why would a new IP even need a defense/hate force? They are new games, let's all rejoice regardless of the name.

It was just a general statement. A stupid one at that. I'm with you on the new game thing. As long as it's not the part of the title that follows the ":", it's a good thing. I definitely don't want it to be Final Fantasy: Generic Name, or Castlevania: Generic Name. New IPs please.

wapplew

I know what is destiny of spirit, they become lifestream at the planet Gaia.
There, FF7 remake on Vita!

HoJu

I wonder what kind of game it is, if it was even a game.
Probably a trading card game.
Oh and yeah it is a bad name. This is literally all we know about the product. The name. And it's a bad one.

Infinite Undiscovery is also a terrible name. This name isn't as bad as that name, but it's pretty close.

KiNeSiS

Banned
I hope it's a Sony original take on Demon's Souls, like Soul Sacrifice kind of was to Monster Hunter.

Any one remember when Vita was revealed, it was called ngp & had some pictures on a screen shot with very Demon's Souls looking environments.

Top Bottom