• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony trademarks "Destiny of Spirits"

Bullza2o

Being a PS4 game with Vita remote play is so much better than it being a Vita game. Holy crap.

Being cross-buy doesn't mean the PS4 version will get Vita graphics. Each with their own graphics. They can do it for some games that the Vita can handle, not all PS4 games. It will please Vita-only owners like me. Just a wish.

Doesn't really sound like a Monster Hunter game. It sounds like Demon's Souls 2. Literally. Note the mention of the Nexus.

Note the 4-player co-op and the emphasis on gathering materials for crafting equipment. It sounds like a MonHun inspired hybrid with the Souls games.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Could it be the Guerilla RPG that's been rumoured from their second team? It's a Sony owned IP so it doesn't necessary need From Software.

Servbot24

Banned
If that's true, I'm not surprised Sony is going for From's next game. I'm sure they really regret letting the Souls series go. They can't really go back to Demon's Souls because people will always be question why it exists when Dark Souls is out there on every platform.

I'm kind of surprised they would just throw away that name power though, especially if it's a Vita exclusive.

Respawn

Banned
This game isn't likely to be at e3 unless sony wants to drop major bombs. It and other very awesome things will be at TGS.

Next gen console launch in like 7 years. Why the fuck wont they drop bombs? Blow my ass away and let the wind dance with my ashes. Lay it down Sony you're on target.

Nah.

I actually like to play well designed levels, not just arenas. :p

We don't need more mon hun games.

A lot of the arena design in MonHun is a result of being trapped on systems with less than 128MB of RAM. 8GB of GDGDDR5 (Goddamn GDDR5) will have you covered.

moho-foe

Neo Member
If that's true, I'm not surprised Sony is going for From's next game. I'm sure they really regret letting the Souls series go. They can't really go back to Demon's Souls because people will always be question why it exists when Dark Souls is out there on every platform.

question? lolno. will buy both and praise the sun for this bounty.

I tormented myself last night with the Atlus announcement. I'll do it again with this. Please be Demon Souls related or something in that nature. lol

Lingitiz

I'm kind of surprised they would just throw away that name power though, especially if it's a Vita exclusive.

That pic says PS4 exclusive. If Demons Souls ever comes back I bet it would be a Vita exclusive. It would just be really weird to have both Demons Souls and Dark Souls simultaneously.

I think it depends on if this series is actually really different from DS. It could be more of a Monster Hunter type thing.

question? lolno. will buy both and praise the sun for this bounty.
Don't get me wrong, I would too. It just seems strange to have two near identical franchises out there.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That narrative description is so flowery, abstract and full of unexplained terms that it reads like someone's wishful wet dream to me.

But who knows.

salromano

the title below DoS is Driveclub.

the description above it is interesting too "adventures grouped with friends or solo".
which upcoming ps4 title fits into this description?

Destiny: "Destiny combines Bungie's trademark grand scope, sci-fi storytelling and adventures with visceral first-person action gaming that takes place in an unfolding, cinematic universe. Additionally, Destiny delivers a unique social gaming experience to consoles by offering players a connected, living world that they can explore, combined with vibrant social spaces where they can congregate and celebrate achievements, and share remarkable adventures grouped with friends or solo."

Orayn

A lot of the arena design in MonHun is a result of being trapped on systems with less than 128MB of RAM. 8GB of GDGDDR5 (Goddamn GDDR5) will have you covered.

Eh, not really. The segmented areas serve a specific gameplay purpose, but Capcom could have dropped them with Tri or MH4 if they really wanted to. MH is just a fairly staid series that sticks close to its roots.

That said, I hope this is more Souls than MH. A little more open-endedness would be fine, but I'd still like it to be a game with a more pronounced beginning, middle, and end rather than doing the same bosses forever like when you hit high rank and g-rank in Monster Hunter.

That narrative description is so flowery, abstract and full of unexplained terms that it reads like someone's wishful wet dream to me.

But who knows.

It sounds like Demon/Dark souls with an attempt at a legitimate story and no boasting about how no one with life obligations will ever be able to finish this game

Servbot24

Banned
That pic says PS4 exclusive.

Yeah, but I don't trust that. Where did the pic come from and why did it pop up as soon as the patent was uncovered?

Also the description doesn't really sound like a Souls game, unless they're significantly changing the vibe.

gembel

Destiny: "Destiny combines Bungie's trademark grand scope, sci-fi storytelling and adventures with visceral first-person action gaming that takes place in an unfolding, cinematic universe. Additionally, Destiny delivers a unique social gaming experience to consoles by offering players a connected, living world that they can explore, combined with vibrant social spaces where they can congregate and celebrate achievements, and share remarkable adventures grouped with friends or solo."

god damnit.. it's real then

I have no idea about the legitimacy of the document. First I've seen/heard about it. I assume it's fake. An educated fake, but a fake none the less.

Spongebob

Banned
I hate to bump this, but rumors going around this is from From Software.

Just thowin' it this way in case anyway one is interested.

5aBFjaT.jpg

Could be fake, but it's interesting to speculate.

Holy shit.

Servbot24

Banned
Or just the games that'll be at Sony's press conference or booth. Diablo 3 would likely not be at either one, but we know Destiny is at the press conference. DriveClub might be too.

DriveClub will be available for people to play at E3, I'm assuming it will get a mention in the presentation as well.

Orayn

It sounds like Demon/Dark souls with an attempt at a legitimate story and no boasting about how no one with life obligations will ever be able to finish this game

The Souls games don't boast about that, and they do have legitimate stories; Legitimate does not mean heavy handed and delivered through tons of cutscenes.

moho-foe

Neo Member
Don't get me wrong, I would too. It just seems strange to have two near identical franchises out there.

I honestly don't care because I want this game more than I want Dark Souls II...and Dark Souls II might not make it to next gen anyway. I suppose that it will all make sense in time.

Doesn't matter because Souls.

rdrr gnr

Co-op would do it for me. But I'm leaning fake because, again, what type of document would that be? Seems like something you would read on the back of the box.

Orayn

Co-op would do it for me. But I'm leaning fake because, again, what type of document would that be? Seems like something you would read on the back of the box.

Not sure myself, but the snippet above it is sourced from a description of Destiny with similar length and tone.

Top Bottom