• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR - Watch Dogs, ACIV to require online connection (now with source!)

Godammit guys.. I realized after I posted the original link that it was not a neogaf approved site so I removed it to look for a kosher link.

10 seconds.. 10 seconds and the thread was already locked. *shakes fist*

Anyway, if this has already posted then you can lock again.

Watch_Dogs and AC4 are also rumored to have a persistent connection requirement? Can buy Watch_Dogs having one, iffy on AC requiring online. — superannuation

http://regator.com/p/259907268/rumor_-_watch_dogs_assassins_creed_iv_to/
http://digibutter.nerr.biz/topics/2...sassins-creed-iv-to-require-online-connection

Hiltz

I am not currently interested in either one of those titles so an always-on connection would just make it that much easier to not want em. Ubisoft, just don't do this to Rayman Legends! Speaking of Rayman, where the fuck is that free Challenge Mode you promise Wii U owners? Have you decided to delay it to Hitler's birthday ?

Petrichor

This does raise an interesting point - even if sony doesn't implement a system wide always-on system, individual publishers could just do it anyway. You might not have to be online for sony games but if you want to play ubisoft, activision, or EA games - you might have to be.

This problem isn't going away.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Well there goes all of my excitement for AC: I'm a fucking pirate.

Congrats on switching me from day 1 to day never ubisoft.

Kouriozan

Oh please, not AC IV.
They really are forcing this so it'll be normal to be always online in a few years, just like DLC T_T

sangreal

Well it kinda does. They have always mentioned it's a connected world ever since showing it off at E3 last year.

It was always going to probably be an always online title.

yes, they've always presented it as forced multiplayer but I remember them saying in an interview at some point that there will be an option to avoid that

Mrbob

Ubisoft already dumped their always online requirement for PC games. Why pick it back up?

Yeah, I'm pretty amazed about this as well. UBI got eviscerated on the PC for the always online requirement and backed off to an online activation. Now they are going to try it again? Good luck.

Welcome to the same bullshit PCGaf had to face 3+ years ago with always online Assassin's Creed 2 and H.A.W.X 2, ConsoleGaf!

When we at PCGaf yelled that it was bullshit, a number of you smug console only gaffers called us entitled and to deal with it.

How's it feel to be on the receiving end now?

Madness

Why do people try and defend it? Very little to no games benefit from always online.

It just hurts lawful consumers in the end.

This is pretty fucking stupid...last year I got Far Cry 3 from UPLAY and I couldn't even LAUNCH the game! I had to use UPLAYs offline mode to play the game!

Top Bottom