• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streamer feigns disability for donations, owns himself

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
A bearded man in a wheelchair who has been playing video games live over the internet for the past two years suddenly got up and walked around late last night. Clearly, this is nothing short of a late Easter miracle. The female voice in the video is his un-paralyzed girlfriend who seems to be surprised by his getting up and walking, but immediately goes on to reminisce about a strange story involving their dog and a fish store. (the female mind can be so flighty at times) The man in question Angel Hamilton ( going by the name of ZillianOP ) left his webcam on in his twitch channel and captured the miracle for all to see. His twitch.tv channel (http://www.twitch.tv/zilianOP) has since been closed, most likely due to his ability to now go out and enjoy the outside world. Over the months as he was streaming on twitch.tv Angel was able to solicit over $20,000 in donations and stream earnings. These donations were used to purchase many items seen on his stream including electronics, a $2,000+ wheelchair and $5,000 to move across to country and live near his girlfriend (Panthoria).

Thoughts on the video below: If you notice Bre knows about the fact ZilianOP has been faking his disability and naturally reacts with "oh my god" and then held herself from blowing the cover and started saying "i took our dog to the *fish*? store because he likes to meet people and he *Stood Up* and peed on me" you can hear it in her voice that she is nervous and she continues to make up a weird off the fly story about the dog. The "oh my god" and her story are a reaction of her seeing him mess up by walking on stream, and she cannot warn him because she is live as well.

Video of said incident: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=li2pDDRdo0c

More info: http://diablowned.com/

Pretty fucked. What a piece of shit.

edit: better vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO2wIJl-Sg0

He manages to stand up and if you watch the fish tank you can see him walking around in the background, he then walks back over after realising his cam was left on and he tilts it down.

Eh, still not as bad as the guy who accidentally left his stream on while having sex with his girlfriend. Or the dude who left his stream on while masturbating.

Raxus

I thought WoW was supposed to put people INTO a vegetative state?

I should know I was a huge WoW player back in the day

Dorfdepp

Neo Member
Eh, still not as bad as the guy who accidentally left his stream on while having sex with his girlfriend. Or the dude who left his stream on while masturbating.

He received donations because people thought he was disabled. It's way worse than masturbation or sex on stream.

Terrible guy, thing is no one will come knocking and telling him to pay back stuff, he still get's away with 20 grand :/

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I saw this the other day, disgusting. Athene helped out a female gamer who needed a new wheelchair... I wonder how many people are faking.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
People watch streams where they donate? :eek:!

Sorry sp00ky, I still love you.

Wow, that was hilarious. I guess you can forget your lie if you start to get too comfortable. What a piece of shit. Is this not fraud?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Why spend 5000$ on a wheelchair if you don't really need one?

The secret is that you buy a shitty cheapo wheelchair that's barely visible in the stream and just say it cost 5000 and then instead use the money of hookers and blow or whatever is the go to choice of the modern day streamer.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Why spend 5000$ on a wheelchair if you don't really need one?

Investment, makes getting the next $20,000 much easier.

Duffyside

Banned
The female voice in the video is his un-paralyzed girlfriend who seems to be surprised by his getting up and walking, but immediately goes on to reminisce about a strange story involving their dog and a fish store. (the female mind can be so flighty at times)

Uh oh...

Thread topic change in 5... 4... 3...

Wow, that was hilarious. I guess you can forget your lie if you start to get too comfortable. What a piece of shit. Is this not fraud?

Amusingly (ironically?) it's closer to fraud if he actually bought a wheelchair with the donation money. Otherwise he was just a guy streaming and accepting donations for his livestream, who was also pretending to be disabled for "some" reason. If he only bought electronics and hookers and blow etc. he could say he was never using the money to perpetuate a fraud and hey he just had some disability fetish or something.

Obviously it's completely bullshit, but it's funny that it's probably worse if he used it on "disability" stuff.

Nibel

Well, some people should find this guy and punch him until he really need a wheelchair

What a piece of shit

Chronoja

Since this thread makes no mention of it, what ailment was he supposed to have had?
Being in a wheelchair does not immediately mean someone is paralyzed from the waist down and incapable of walking. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt this is a scam of a situation but without addition information it's difficult to get vitriolically mad.

rallaren

I forget people pull shit like this all the time - for years or their whole lives and get away with it.

And sometimes innocent people gets blamed for it. Shit.

That bitch too, oh man...

And I love how she typed that he fell over trying to get to the dog to save his computer. Yeah ok. He certainly didn't fall at all.

spirity

I love the story his girlfriend was trying to spin. Her dog loves to go out and be introduced to people? At the fish shop? hahaha

Top Bottom