• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Mik_Pad
(05-02-2013, 05:30 PM)
So I found this tweets from Mike Bithell the Dev of Thomas Was Alone, very interesting:

@mikeBithell: I do believe #project2 is looking good enough to show to Sony tomorrow... :) TO BED!

https://twitter.com/mikebithell/stat...48042372763649

@mikeBithell: you'll know the success of this meeting in a year, when you are / are not playing it on your PS4 :P

https://twitter.com/mikebithell/stat...49175707238400

@mikeBithell: I just held a ps4 controller.. Really nice.

https://twitter.com/mikebithell/stat...53062011678722

@mikeBithell: can't say much more about PS4 controller, it was only a prototype, but it feels tight, suits my hands, and is rather snazzy

https://twitter.com/mikebithell/stat...79978911469568

@mikeBithell: they've also done something aesthetically that I'm not sure I've seen in images online which I really love.

https://twitter.com/mikebithell/stat...80096108691456

The last tweet is very interesting.

Edit:

@mikeBithell: Really good chatting to the guys.. and we even had a queue to try out my oculus.. if you're an indie, get chatting with Sony _now_

https://twitter.com/mikebithell/stat...81383000866816
Last edited by Mik_Pad; 05-02-2013 at 05:34 PM.
MikeE21286
(05-02-2013, 05:30 PM)
What is his relationship with Sony?
TimeEffect
(05-02-2013, 05:31 PM)
I swear, if that one GAFFer hell bent on having the touchpad flip open is right..
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)

Originally Posted by MikeE21286

He released Thomas Was Alone on PSN last week.
DMPrince
DS4 probably got a finger hole on there.
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(05-02-2013, 05:32 PM)

Originally Posted by MikeE21286

He is an independent developer who's had his work published on PSN or PS3/PSV.
Socky
(05-02-2013, 05:34 PM)

Originally Posted by TimeEffect

I swear, if that one GAFFer hell bent on having the touchpad flip open is right..

Must have missed that one. What did he say?
famousmortimer
Banned
(05-02-2013, 05:35 PM)
They got rid of the shapes and instead buttons have tasty breakfast foods om them.

PANCAKES! HIT PANCAKES! NOW BACON!! GOOD NOW FINISH HIM OFF WITH SAUSAGE MCGRIDDLE CAKES.
SmokyDave
His head smashed in and his heart cut out and his liver removed and his bowels unplugged and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...
(05-02-2013, 05:37 PM)

@mikeBithell: Really good chatting to the guys.. and we even had a queue to try out my oculus.. if you're an indie, get chatting with Sony _now_

My Vita quivers with anticipation. Loving the moves that Sony is making lately.
Mit-
He planted the Oculus seed into Sony employees.

I really hope consoles become compatible with it. All they have to do is output to it like normal, the game just has to be built for it.

Eh, maybe Sony themselves won't have to do anything. Could just be a setting in the options for the game to change the display to Oculus Rift instead of normal and flat.
Messofanego
Congrats on getting to develop for PS4!

What are the indie games confirmed for the PS4?

The Witness
Socky
(05-02-2013, 05:38 PM)
He says 'aesthetically' so I'd imagine it's something like the grip/covering on the lower half of the controller. That might be easily missed on casual glance at an image.

The last tweet is positive again. Seems like he's pleased.
Guevara
(05-02-2013, 05:38 PM)
Thomas Was Alone was good, if not great. So I'm pretty excited about his future projects.

Also this confirms that Sony gets it re indies.
Superflat
(05-02-2013, 05:39 PM)
Encouraging tweets! I'm in love with how the new controller looks so I'm excited to see what he was talking about.

And bring on Project 2!
Mik_Pad
(05-02-2013, 05:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Messofanego

The Witness

Zombie Studios is making Blacklight: Retribution (I think that's how it is called).
Fried Food
(05-02-2013, 05:40 PM)
Calling it, Sony is getting huge indie support next gen.
androvsky
(05-02-2013, 05:41 PM)

Oh god, I first read this as there was a queue to try out Sony's Oculus... :(
btkadams
(05-02-2013, 05:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Guevara

Thomas Was Alone was good, if not great. So I'm pretty excited about his future projects.

Also this confirms that Sony gets it re indies.

yeah, i just played through it for the first time on vita and loved it. i can't wait for his next game.

also, i'm getting the feeling that the aesthetic he's talking about could be an led in the touchpad that lights up the playstation logo or something.
Crimson_Gold
(05-02-2013, 05:43 PM)

Originally Posted by androvsky

Oh god, I first read this as there was a queue to try out Sony's Oculus... :(

I read it the same way. I'll have to put away that hype.
Visualante2
(05-02-2013, 05:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Fried Food

To be fair they've had huge indie support this generation. It's just rarely debuted on PlayStation platforms. That's the real sea change I think, if we see an end to the 1 year console exclusivity bullshit then more power to Sony.
Salaadin
(05-02-2013, 05:45 PM)
He went to meet with Sony and brought his Oculus with him? That makes me laugh. It reminds me of when youre a little kid and you get a new toy that you take with you everywhere.

All this indie positivity for Sony is nice. Im really looking forward to what gets put out on Vita and PS4.
ReaperXL7
(05-02-2013, 05:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Messofanego

The Witness

Well so far we have Primal Rage, The witness, Blacklight retribution, Futurelabs (velocity, velocity ultra) confirmed they were doing something for PS4 on their twitter aswell.

I think the Day Z guys said they were talking to Sony too. I think we will see allot of indie announcements for PSV,PS3, and PS4 between now and PS4's launch, especially going off of Shahids tweets.
Thorgal
(05-02-2013, 05:46 PM)

Wait ...he is not suggesting what i think he is suggesting is he ?
Mik_Pad
(05-02-2013, 05:48 PM)

Originally Posted by ReaperXL07

Well so far we have Primal Rage, The witness, Blacklight retribution, Futurelabs (velocity, velocity ultra) confirmed they were doing something for PS4 on their twitter aswell.

I think the Day Z guys said they were talking to Sony too. I think we will see allot of indie announcements for PSV,PS3, and PS4 between now and PS4's launch, especially going off of Shahids tweets.

Shahid is the man.
TimeEffect
(05-02-2013, 05:48 PM)
On his twitter, other indie dudes are asking how to contact Sony
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(05-02-2013, 05:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Fried Food

They will have unprecedented support. Don't worry.

And as far as his comments about aesthetics, I've heard multiple and many good things about it. They seem to have the feel of it right as well as improved many parts such as the triggers, buttons, and sticks (no dead zone).
ReaperXL7
(05-02-2013, 05:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Mik_Pad

Shahid is the man.

Yeah, the guy really seems comitted, he even suggested that he was working on getting some larger 3rd party dev/publisher support for the vita, and he might have some surprises for us. He kind of makes the SCEA guys look like a joke, but they may just not be as public about what they are working on. Shahid on the other hand mentions a new game signing on almost a daily basis, allot of indies seem to love the guy.
Mik_Pad
(05-02-2013, 05:55 PM)
If anyone wants a reference how Sony is approaching Indies just read this:

@shahidkamal: My boss @AntonyaClark and I are really looking forward to giving @mikeBithell a big hug today and talk #project2 http://t.co/vYE4RY7n5M

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/stat...06527571951616
Thorgal
indie developers continuing to pile on the Hype train.

We are gonna need a second train i think.
Last edited by Thorgal; 05-02-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Crimson_Gold

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

They will have unprecedented support. Don't worry.

Nothing akin to the unprecedented support EA has for the Wii U right?
THE:MILKMAN
(05-02-2013, 05:59 PM)
Someone asked him if he saw the console (as well as the controller).

His answer: "........."
SolidSnakex
(05-02-2013, 06:01 PM)

Originally Posted by THE:MILKMAN

Someone asked him if he saw the console (as well as the controller).

His answer: "........."

They're probably going to be showing the console next month, so they better have something done by now.
Killthee
helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
(05-02-2013, 06:02 PM)

@mikeBithell: they've also done something aesthetically that I'm not sure I've seen in images online which I really love.

LiquidMetal14
(05-02-2013, 06:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Crimson_Gold

Nothing akin to the unprecedented support EA has for the Wii U right?

Unprecedented in the opposite direction of WiiU. Although Nintendo is doing decent in terms of some indies.
Jhriad
(05-02-2013, 06:06 PM)

Hmm, stand alone Day Z on console?

nib95
(05-02-2013, 06:06 PM)
Sony, give Shahid a raise.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(05-02-2013, 06:07 PM)
Aesthetics comment is interesting. I expect the final controller to look a bit cooler than the prototype we've seen. It looks awesome functionally but its appearance is kind of goofy.
chubigans
y'all should be ashamed
(05-02-2013, 06:07 PM)

Originally Posted by nib95

Sony, give Shahid a raise.

Seriously. He's also working on something that's going to blow the doors WIDE OPEN for a lot of indie devs for Vita in the coming months. It's very exciting.
Brinbe
(05-02-2013, 06:08 PM)
it's beautiful... I cannot fucking wait.
Guevara
(05-02-2013, 06:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Killthee

This kind of looks like the pattern on a wallet or purse. I think that every time I flip my Vita over.
LiquidMetal14
(05-02-2013, 06:09 PM)

Originally Posted by chubigans

Seriously. He's also working on something that's going to blow the doors WIDE OPEN for a lot of indie devs for Vita in the coming months. It's very exciting.

If it's what I know then it's very exciting. Or maybe it's something different but either way, big things are coming.
Canis lupus
(05-02-2013, 06:09 PM)
PS4+Oculus... make it happen!
SmokyDave
His head smashed in and his heart cut out and his liver removed and his bowels unplugged and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...
(05-02-2013, 06:12 PM)

Originally Posted by chubigans

Hnnnnng.

I second the whole raise thing, the guy's a hero.
seventynine
(05-02-2013, 06:14 PM)

If it's what I know then it's very exciting. Or maybe it's something different but either way, big things are coming.

Oh don't stop there! :(
Messofanego

Cool, cool.
Mokubba
Shahid is that guy!
LiquidMetal14
(05-02-2013, 06:15 PM)

Originally Posted by seventynine

Oh don't stop there! :(

Sorry man, I'm just surprised I read someone else (Chubbigans) eluding to what I heard as well. This means it's likely true. Except no one can say what it is lol
TimeEffect
(05-02-2013, 06:15 PM)

Go on...+

Sorry man, I'm just surprised I read someone else eluding to what I heard as well. This means it's likely true. Except no one can say what it is lol

Aw
Stuart444
(05-02-2013, 06:16 PM)
This thread helped me decide to get Thomas Was Alone via PSN+. (and Malicious since I was on the store).

If it's good, I'll keep an eye on whatever this guy does next (assuming this PS4 thing goes well anyway)
driver116
Banned
(05-02-2013, 06:16 PM)
I knew the pad would get a aesthetic upgrade.