• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 survey images (w/ two new DLC - hand-to-hand & prototype weapons)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So I checked in with Jibbajabbawockky and he said this is the same survey he got, except two of the DLC proposals are different.

You will remember that he had Dinosaurs and Battlefield 3 Map Remasters, whereas here it's about Melee Combat and Prototype Weapons.

I suspect they may have actually not decided on what DLC to make yet (sans the Naval one) and are surveying a bunch of possible choices.

http://imgur.com/a/9n4O2
Via: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1e4cll/rumor_battlefield_4_survey/

svBqajI.jpg

YeDlgmR.jpg

4wLMr4F.jpg

uPcAxUv.jpg

yWtlUHl.jpg

63lznRP.jpg

riOk2wH.jpg

QOX8OsL.jpg

rEv5NXP.jpg

w97v9f2.jpg

xLSijze.jpg

ch8gpWN.jpg

XQOYKmG.jpg

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Hand to hand/Melee in a Battlefield game ? Standing on top of a hill duking it out with other players whilst tanks and planes are crashing/exploding around you ? Hmmmmmmm.

I'd laugh my arse off if for the last question they got a lot of responses saying they didn't want to play modern military (ok it would never happen)

Jawmuncher

Nothing here is as cool as the dinosaurs.
Also wow at that box art, I thought that was already confirmed as being it? Can't see them changing it.

Yeah, I'm wondering if the last question regarding what FPS settings you're interested in means that they have a bunch of various DLC settings in the various surveys going around. I got Dinosaurs and the Metro/Caspian remakes in addition to the Naval one, while this one has melee and future combat. Maybe there are other DLC ideas that line up with the other FPS settings they have listed, like Medieval, WW1 and so forth.

I kind of get the impression with DLC, if they're shooting for 4 expansions again like BF3, they probably have the first one (Drone Strike?) and second one (Naval) pretty well set in stone and are trying to gauge interest in what to do with the last 2, maybe.

Zomba13

A melee DLC pack with Katanas?
I demand Lightsabers. They have the Star Wars licence for games now, I'm sure they can put lightsabres in.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I hope no one ticked the WW2 box. I really want another WW2 game. We're getting slowly saturated with future and current warfare.

No mention of dinosaurs then. Wonder why they're dividing it in such a way.

edit: actually it bothers me that they put so much effort into picking names , is there anything they won't focus test

Not that other companies besides EA don't do this too, but EA seems to like focus testing names. Just go back to the Dragon Age 3 surveys they had where they were focus testing possible names.

Also I like that they have TF2 crates:

That almost reminds me of Mass Effect's multiplayer with the random microtransaction packs you could either grind for or buy.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I hope no one ticked the WW2 box. I really want another WW2 game. We're getting slowly saturated with future and current warfare.

No mention of dinosaurs then. Wonder why they're dividing it in such a way.

It sort of is, just in the last question as "prehistoric".

phaonaut

YeDlgmR.jpg

I hate leveling so much, after day one I'm constantly behind. I wish all items for multiplayer were available immediately. If the weapon isn't worth being in the game don't force me to grind through it just leave it out or give it better characteristics.

Darklord

Banned
Migrating all unlocks from BF3? That sounds AWFUL. What incentive would I be working towards? I enjoy unlocking new weapons and trying them out.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I hope it won't happen. I hate this way of unlocking content.

Congrats you unlocked a turd

Launch it at an enemy and they will be seen on the map for the entire round

DAT SMELL!, no need for Spotting, the turd does that for you!

Jawmuncher

Guys, I actually got a little excited at the prospect of having D-Day type battles in Battlefield 4. Am I bad? :(

No. The D-Day MP mode in Conker is one of the best MP game types out there. I'm still surprised it hasn't been redone yet (not the setting but the style). Game Types such as assault are close but not quite the same.

Wynnebeck

Banned
No. The D-Day MP mode in Conker is one of the best MP game types out there. I'm still surprised it hasn't been redone yet (not the setting but the style). Game Types such as assault are close but not quite the same.

Man playing as the Tediz in that was so much fun.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Have there been many Cops and Robbers FPS Shooters?

How would that work in BF4, Oh shit the Chinese/Russian stole the bag of nukes, lets get 'em Team America!

They split up!

Now 3 bags of nukes

Dabanton

I am rather excited.

yWtlUHl.jpg

Interesting...

If and it's a big if they were able to do this without watering it down. I would faint.

A real use for NV guns and torches yes please. Picking out enemies during night matches by tracer fire.? Yes Please. The interactive elements would also mean matches don't just turn into lets destroy the entire level.

I want real destruction not pre baked building pieces flying off. Somehow the destruction in Bad Company 2 always felt better than in BF3

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If and it's a big if they were able to have this for real I would faint.

A real use for NV guns and torches. The interactive elements would also mean matches don't just turn into level the entire level.

I want real destruction not pre baked building pieces flying off. Somehow the destruction in Bad Company 2 always felt better than in BF3

I feel anything in the survey that isn't on a rotator is almost assuredly in the game.

Top Bottom