• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV 2017 TGS Summary- Plans for 2018, Second Season Pass would be 4 DLCs of Content

Philippo

Not inlcuding these or the previous DLCs directy into the main game's campaign makes me immediately lose any interest. Hope modders will be able to avoid that.

Shahed

And here I thought I was finally going to play this game once Episode Ignis released. Guess I'll have to wait another 6-12 months

This being a blockbuster worries me a lot. It gives the impression that the game was actually good, when in fact it was just an unfinished, story-messed piece of software.

Anyway I was one of the fools who supported the figures. Shame on us, fans.

I would let this thing die for its own good.

Koozek

This being a blockbuster worries me a lot. It gives the impression that the game was actually good, when in fact it was just an unfinished, story-messed piece of software.

Anyway I was one of the fools who supported the figures. Shame on us, fans.

I would let this thing die for its own good.
Uh, if they had the impression that the reception was perfect they wouldn't be doing these free story updates in the next months. Tabata has said many times recently that they're aware of the narrative shortcomings.

Uh, if they had the impression that the reception was perfect they wouldn't be doing these free story updates in the next months. Tabata has said many times recently that they're aware of the narrative shortcomings.

GameSpot: This particular game had the longest development period of any entry in the Final Fantasy series. It initially started as a spin-off, but it eventually became a core entry in the series. What are your reactions to seeing how it's evolved into what it is now?

Hajime Tabata: From a business standpoint, we've achieved over 6.5 million units, and the fact that we're still going to be putting out content till the launch of the Windows Edition--and then we have the Pocket Edition--this project has been very successful for us. But from a personal level, and from a dev team standpoint, what really resonates with us is the fan feedback we got from the day one release. A lot of the major criticisms was that they felt the story was lacking in certain aspects. So for us, we did our best to give back and supplement those areas where people felt it was lacking.

When those fans who were complaining about the story from the early days are now completely satisfied with the overall experience, that's the moment when we can say as a team that we're pleased with what we did for Final Fantasy XV. And obviously, we don't plan to draw this out forever. At some point we're going to have to mark the end of the journey for Final Fantasy XV. With that said, we're still listening to what the fans want and expect for this game.

We should probably add these to every OP post so that people (if they even read the OP) can have that in mind before posting.

Keym

We should probably add these to every OP post so that people (if they even read the OP) can have that in mind before posting.
Didn't work with this OP!

Can we send someone to complain about the battle system instead? Comrades looks so much better than the main game's system.

Didn't work with this OP!
tenor.gif

Alright, I will do it. In addition to my other suggestions.

Final Fantasy XV: International Koozek Mod System™ Coming Soon.
serious.gif

I wonder just how powerful of a computer I need to be able to play the Windows Edition.
The new IP better be Agni. They can't waste all the work they have already put in this porject.
I thought Agni was a technical demo like that infamous Final Fantasy VII PS3 demo. Or maybe I'm wrong. It would be cool if it was a full game though!

Kazuhira

He will turn it into one of the best-selling and best-received FFs ever with 90+ MC by the time the Definitive Edition/PC port is out and being re-reviewed.

The definitive version will be really impressive in terms if content,not sure if the pc version will be definitive though.
It sounds like future content will come after the pc version is out imo.

Koozek

The definitive version will be really impressive in terms if content,not sure if the pc version will be definitive though.
It sounds like future content will come after the pc version is out imo.
Yeah, not sure, but I thought they wanted to have the free story updates ready for the PC version (maybe I'm mixing it up with someone else's speculation though).

Give me FFXVI in 2020 / 2021.... and please make it a spiritual successor to FFIX. ( it will be released on PS4 ends life Cycle like FFIX did on PS1 ).

I wonder where the trilogy of FFVII Remake will fit in between all of this?

The new IP better be Agni. They can't waste all the work they have already put in this porject.
Isn't "waste of assets" a thing that most studios do. Not just in a big scale, but smaller as well? How many hours and how much money has been put into scenes cut from the final release, or trailers made of footage that was rendered JUST for the trailer with scenes that never made it into the actual game? How much are Square wasting with the shifting of teams heading the FFVII remake? How much did Square waste bumping FF Versus from PS3 to FFXV to current gen? How much assets, over the years, have gone unused, work never to see the light of day? Just part of the job.

I would be ok if a season pass provides additional contents, but for now the first season pass just serves the purpose of filling plot holes. In a 10 years in development game, I can't accept it honestly.

Game wasn't in development for ten years.

This. If they were simply ignoring it they wouldn't be doing updates at all.

We knew that last month already from the official website:

Damn there are too many updates with this game man!!!! Can't even keep up. That's great tho. They aren't half-assing it at all with this game. And you are right what you said about turning it into one of best-selling/received FF by the time it hits PC. 💯

Ahasverus

I was playing the game, got to chapter 5, but given recent developments I decided to hold off until the definitive version is out.

The day I read a GAF thread saying "Development on FFXV officially over" is the day I rebut and replay FF XV.

Koozek

Damn there are too many updates with this game man!!!! Can't even keep up. That's great tho. They aren't half-assing it at all with this game. And you are right what you said about turning it into one of best-selling/received FF by the time it hits PC. 💯
Okay, I should've made it clearer that I was joking :D Of course it won't suddenly be a masterpiece because they added a few cutscenes.

Okay, I should've made it clearer that I was joking :D Of course it won't suddenly be a masterpiece because they added a few cutscenes.

Nah, for real tho. People who play the first time's experience is gonna be quite a bit different. Besides, it was like an 86???? Jumping into the 90s on MC or whatever wouldn't be the biggest leap known to man. Edit: OOP IT WAS 81 oh well still, it's great so whatever however it turns out in the end doesn't make a difference to me but people who want to get into it will really dig all the things they've been adding I think.

Laplasakos

Can't wait to hear more the DLCs. Also, i am excited for Ignis Episode. Hopefully, the trailer next month will include gameplay. Fingers crossed for turn based or tactics system.

That tensai thread is something. Did you guys know that the only reason Tabata directed the game is because Square Enix literally didnt have anyone else to choose from?

giphy.gif

That tensai thread is something. Did you guys know that the only reason Tabata directed the game is because Square Enix literally didnt have anyone else to choose from?

giphy.gif
I refuse to even look at the thread because I know exactly how it's going to go down.

The OP shouldn't have made that thread in my opinion.

Top Bottom