• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV 2017 TGS Summary- Plans for 2018, Second Season Pass would be 4 DLCs of Content

They're gonna GTA V this huh...

Noctis Battle Royale incoming...

100 Kingslaive fighting each other in FFXV's world would be amazing. The map shrinks because the summons are nuking the outside area, you ride chocobos to get away from them.

For future DLC, i'd rather them focus on either Luna or Ardyn and just make the biggest expansion pack they can dedicated to that character, like a witcher 3 size expansion, rather than splitting them up into 1-2 hour chunks.

Maybe a DLC with a smaller part of his story and a teaser for a possible full game someday.
I'm almost certain only Ardyn story that'll get justice is either
Full game
It and bare with me here
It has to be a movie

His story is way too long and interesting otherwise

Koozek

100 Kingslaive fighting each other in FFXV's world would be amazing. The map shrinks because the summons are nuking the outside area, you ride chocobos to get away from them.
You're hired!

Fi27NS4.jpg

I don't think Ardyn benefits enough for a small 1-2 hour episode dlc imo

There really isn't a whole lot to really explain/show on Ardyn's end. You pretty much know his story from the main game. I absolutely think you can tell Ardyn's story in an hour or two. Hell a quick flash back scene would be more than enough.

Whichever way they decide to go with it I am sure I will get a lot of bang for my buck. The season pass has greatly rewarded me so far.

That tensai thread is something. Did you guys know that the only reason Tabata directed the game is because Square Enix literally didnt have anyone else to choose from?

giphy.gif

That was a fun thread to read.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Oh not so free after all. Maybe the guy that said there's nothing morally wrong about them providing "free content" can come back and defend this now too.
Literally paying for them to make this game somewhat complete.
But I'm sure people that are not ok with this just get "move on dude" cause there really has not been a single great defense for this game basically since release.
My favorite is still "ff was never about story".

Oh not so free after all. Maybe the guy that said there's nothing morally wrong about them providing "free content" can come back and defend this now too.
Yes there will still be free content what are you talking about?

But I'm sure people that are not ok with this just get "move on dude" cause there really has not been a single great defense for this game basically since release.
My favorite is still "ff was never about story".

No. There is free story content. It's in the Universe trailer in the OP of the thread. Clearly outline the first free content planned. Tabata is merely musing about additional DLC packs.

You say there has been no great defense since the game released (arguable), but you haven't really outlined any attack on the game, so there is nothing to defend at the moment.

I don't think all of the 4 DLC will be character episodes.

Considering the current DLC/updates for the game, I'm trying to figure out what they would actually sell for the season pass. Like I don't think they would sell the Astral story stuff as DLC, that's more in line with a free update.

If they didn't do character focused DLCs, it'd be neat if they did a goofy side story that wasn't canon (Think The World Ends With You's "Another Day"), that could be something they'd sell.

Considering the current DLC/updates for the game, I'm trying to figure out what they would actually sell for the season pass. Like I don't think they would sell the Astral story stuff as DLC, that's more in line with a free update.

If they didn't do character focused DLCs, it'd be neat if they did a goofy side story that wasn't canon (Think The World Ends With You's "Another Day"), that could be something they'd sell.

They confirmed the next update they will have with the Free Content Update will be about the Astrals.

I don't believe they ever disclosed the full results. Just that Ardyn was first and Luna was runner up.
Aw man I thought it was the full thing. Bummer

I'm on the fence about a Luna style character dlc, it would be a hell of a lot more fun playing as arenea or iris. Luna can definitely use more scenes tho

Koozek

Aw man I thought it was the full thing. Bummer

I'm on the fence about a Luna style character dlc, it would be a hell of a lot more fun playing as arenea or iris. Luna can definitely use more scenes tho
Yeah, I wouldn't care at all about playing as her. They can just add cutscenes for her. She really is completely uninteresting to me.

Yeah, I wouldn't care at all about playing as her. They can just add cutscenes for her. She really is completely uninteresting to me.

You will once you get more of her. :p

She is one of the single most important characters in the game. For without her
everyone completely loses.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
If they really do a second season pass, I hope they eventually release a new SKU that properly integrates all of the DLC (minus the multiplayer) into the story. I'd really like to play this game one day and go through all the content, from start to finish, in one cohesive playthrough.

I'm somewhat disgruntled despite being on the hype train for a decade, but I'm really looking forward to this. More Noctis is a blessing.. I'm probably one of the few who voted for his disappearance dlc. I always imagined Bahamut and Nocto training or something like that.

Adding a few more cutscenes isn’t going to save the trainwreck of a story.

Put out a book or documentary detailing what versus was/would have been and call it a day.

Floody

Cool, hopefully we get a "GOTY" Edition when everything is finished. Definitely interested in seeing what FF15 will be like after the second season pass is done.

THE GUY

Banned
We are not saying that we are going to simply pull out additional fixed DLC, we are planning to do things that are deeply involved in the core story of the game. We want to do something... where it gives the player a meaningful reason to play it again, or something like that.
This part here: is he implying they'll make new content part of the actual game? I wonder if they do that, will they then patch in all of the DLC into the main game too? Last time I replayed a single player game was something like 15 years ago, but I'd give this another go if there are substantial additions like that.

Formosa

I'd love for them to integrate the DLC into the main game. Having to into a menu to play them isn't as good to me. I'd love to start a fresh playthrough and whenever you reach the point where a DLC story is supposed to happen you just jump into it.

This!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yes there will still be free content what are you talking about?

I'm talking about the second season pass content which is very likely going to fill actual story gaps. But sure see you guys when that exactly happens but enjoy your free festival content dlc until then I guess.

I'm talking about the second season pass content which is very likely going to fill actual story gaps. But sure see you guys when that exactly happens but enjoy your free festival content dlc until then I guess.

That's a lot of assumptions on your end.

Edit: And he refuted your false statement with a fact.

Oh not so free after all.

And he responded that there is free story content. That is a fact. If you are changing your arguments then so be it, but don't frame it as someone being defensive for refuting your false claim.

edgefusion

The 'episodes' DLC was some of the most awful gameplay/storytelling I have ever experienced, so it is a HARD pass from me on the second season pass.

TheCed

Oh no !

This can't be serious.
I'll have to fight my own OCD but I just can't support this game anymore.

The game doesn't even feel complete and you're announcing a second season pass.

I sure hope that those free Cutscenes DLC are beyond expectations... Because I already Bought a Movie and the First Season pass and I felt like all of this should have been in the game in the first place at no extra cost.

I fell for the hype but it won't happen again.

Oh no !

This can't be serious.
I'll have to fight my own OCD but I just can't support this game anymore.

The game doesn't even feel complete and you're announcing a second season pass.

I sure hope that those free Cutscenes DLC are beyond expectations... Because I already Bought a Movie and the First Season pass and I felt like all of this should have been in the game in the first place at no extra cost.

I fell for the hype but it won't happen again.

They haven't announced a second season pass. Maybe wait until then and see the free story content before panicking.

Top Bottom