• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Resident Evil 7 unveiling at E3, leaked poster inside

Divius

TQ8D9Mk.jpg

needs more giraffes

Domstercool

Hopefully on the new consoles and hopefully tries to kick it off as a refreshing new entry. Probably not though, probably be more action. :(

sakipon

Fake, but I'm still hoping for 7 soon. With Leon and with a version for Wii U, using GamePad features properly.

Carbonox

"The war ends now" sounds like some tag line you'd find on a DevianArt movie poster for Transformers.

Personally, I'd like to see the series rebooted but fuck it, I'm in if there is a Resident Evil 7, despite thinking RE6 was dogshit.

If true: Capcom, you ain't heard? The Evil Within was revealed. Mikami got this. Go home.

If fake: Capcom, you ain't heard? The Evil Within was revealed. Mikami got this. Stay home.

AniHawk

6 came out less than a year ago. if this is real, then it must be for the game boy advance.

Poster/rumour could be 100% fake but new Resident Evil unveiled for next gen is like the most predictable thing Capcom could do at E3.

i suppose there is that aspect of it.

unrelated: last year at e3, there were people with 'the end of the world' signs and megaphones. i honestly thought it was viral marketing for re6, but it turns out they were real-life crazy people.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Capcom need to stop.

RE5 was bad and RE6 was pure garbage, this poor series need 4 years development cycle, a reboot and maybe Mikami to be good again.

wrowa

That might be the fakest picture I've ever seen.

Not to mention it's way too early for a new RE. RE6 is barely half a year old!

Poster/rumour could be 100% fake but new Resident Evil unveiled for next gen is like the most predictable thing Capcom could do at E3.

Not really. RE6 has a 600 person team on it for 4 years and came out 8 months ago. Unless they have had secret team working on this we won't see anything more than Capcom saying a RE is in development.

Also at this point the series cannot continue with its current storyline going to 7 entries. It's restrictive to new players and tiring for old players. Reboot or watch the series quickly fade away.

Jawmuncher

Fake. After 7 I don't see capcom jumping on sequels I soon. Unless it was being made in conjunction with 6. They did say they wanted to pump out more RE but they clearly stated not just main numbered games.

Not really. RE6 has a 600 person team on it for 4 years and came out 8 months ago. Unless they have had secret team working on this we won't see anything more than Capcom saying a RE is in development.

Resident Evil 5 was announced 4 years before release. The thing is when next gen is revealed companies talk about much longer term plans than normally.

Venin

Can we PLEASE go back to the original style of gameplay for RE7? Is that really too much to ask? What's wrong with continuing the gameplay style of RE0? That was an amazing and proper evolution for the series (the story was kinda dumb, but let's ignore that for now).

Also you guys are crazy. You do not kill a franchise that still sells 5 million copies (albeit a good number in the bomba bin). It's not like these same developers working on another game would be so much better if they are that talentless. Resident Evil 5 was fun as hell in coop at least, so it wasnt all bad this gen.

Aguirre

Can we PLEASE go back to the original style of gameplay for RE7? Is that really too much to ask? What's wrong with continuing the gameplay style of RE0? That was an amazing and proper evolution for the series (the story was kinda dumb, but let's ignore that for now).

who even plays RE for the story? :p

Top Bottom