• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA is deving games for Nintendo consoles, but not anywhere near as many as PS/Xbox

Electronic Arts is developing games for the Wii U, but not as many as the company is developing for Sony and Microsoft's consoles, EA's chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen said today during the Stifel Nicolaus 2013 Internet, Media and Communications Conference.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4351844/ea-developing-wii-u-games

WHAT IS GOING ON

Update:

Direct quote.

EA said:
"You know I will ultimately let consumers vote on PS vs. Xbox. You know I think Nintendo's business was more of an extension of their last console. We are building titles for the Nintendo consoles, but not anywhere near as many as we are for PS or Xbox. You know, what I think the consumer will find is a lot more powerful gameplay with the new boxes that are coming out, and a lot of excitement, but it will remain to be seen as to the services associated with those how the consumers decide which direction they want to go."
Source: http://www.veracast.com/stifel/internet2013/main/player.cfm?eventName=2061_electr

-Execs don't know how to communicate things these days
-Gamers are on edge (often rightly so) about large gaming corporations
-a press that often doesn't understand the details/specifics of what they're reporting on.

a potent mix

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I have no idea what is going on! This day is full of crazy!

*runs out window*

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The flip-flopping in the games industry is approaching the levels of what politicians are able to achieve.

for once, actual shocking news.

image.php

Kintaco

After the negative reactions towards Xbox One, EA changed its mind and decided to develop for the Wii U afterall.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
EA is trolling us all. I don't understand.

Nonetheless, good news for Wii U.

I always thought it was odd when I saw that they had NO games in development because I remember specifically that a member here, who was confirmed as legit, said EA had things in the works for the system .

They just used last gen assets and tools.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I want a new Boom Blox.

Top Bottom