• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA is deving games for Nintendo consoles, but not anywhere near as many as PS/Xbox

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
ibrWprOyzdW4dN.gif

I guess i wasted my time on this one.

This is the best one I've seen so far. You did not waste your time.

UberTag

This time next year we'll be talking about how all of EA's support for the Xbox One has dried up and no future games are in development after another fall of rushed ports and gimped launch releases.

Either that or Nintendo is going to allow EA to block used games now.

GDGF

Soothsayer
ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY MESSIN' WITH THE MOUSE!

Well, Nintendo and Disney have historically had a pretty tight relationship. Since before the videogame industry ever existed, even.

Old ass Disney/Nintendo trading cards below.

KpTYWmQ.jpg

Good choice sadly I would consider a Wii U over an xbox1. They are both weak pieces of shit however Dat Nintendo goodness.

I have a feeling Wii U has potential as a secondary 3rd string console.
In the future it will have some bangers. Picture Wii U as an ugly woman with a divine mega good pussy.

This time next year we'll be talking about how all of EA's support for the Xbox One has dried up and no future games are in development after another fall of rushed ports and gimped launch releases.

Either that or Nintendo is going to allow EA to block used games now.

Nah, next year is when Apple announces an unprecedented Partnership with EA for iOS devices. Only this time, it's a real partnership and EA quits the console industry.

Mlatador

Banned
What the hell is going on? So the Wii U get's pretty much every major 3 party title in the next months (expect GTA V)?

- Everything from Ubisoft
- the next Call of Duty (Ghost)
- now apparently some EA titles
- the next Batman Game
- Project Cars

+ Nintendo 1st Party titles and japanese devs collaborations

Sweet.

antonz

Honestly I can see several of the licenses they signed requiring they work with Nintendo so they have no choice

Kimawolf

Honestly I can see several of the licenses they signed requiring they work with Nintendo so they have no choice

Pretty much. they probably got several calls saying "hey wtf you doin?" and they changed their tunes.

I can imagine Iwata calling Disney "Soo... we get no Star Wars games? But we've been great partners..." smirking on the phone.

Disney "What? Of course you get Star Wars games. EA is developing.." *whispers* "What the fuck you mean they said screw Nintendo and the Wii U? Get those idiots on the phone right now!"

Iwata hangs up, doing his signature grin.

the next day..

EA CFO: "Of course we're making Wii U games gaming press, whatever gave you that idea? just not as many..."

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
This miscommunication is probably a result of EA not having a CEO right now. SMH.

What the hell is going on? So the Wii U get's pretty much every major 3 party title in the next months (expect GTA V)?

- Everything from Ubisoft
- the next Call of Duty (Ghost)
- now apparently some EA titles
- the next Batman Game
- Project Cars

+ Nintendo 1st Party titles and japanese devs collaborations

Sweet.
Wasn't that already leaked with the PS4/One in the marketing materials or did that turn out to be fake?

Anyway, as others pointed out previously, I'm pretty sure that EA's NFL license requires them to release on all platforms. I figured that they made a deal with the NFL to get an exception but maybe not :/

Mlatador

Banned
Pretty much. they probably got several calls saying "hey wtf you doin?" and they changed their tunes.

I can imagine Iwata calling Disney "Soo... we get no Star Wars games? But we've been great partners..." smirking on the phone.

Disney "What? Of course you get Star Wars games. EA is developing.." *whispers* "What the fuck you mean they said screw Nintendo and the Wii U? Get those idiots on the phone right now!"

Iwata hangs up, doing his signature grin.

the next day..

EA CFO: "Of course we're making Wii U games gaming press, whatever gave you that idea? just not as many..."

Ahaha, man, I love your posts! :D

PhantomR

Banned
DerZuhälter;58411885 said:
xboxonekgaeb.jpg

Sorry my photoshop skills are really bad.

Wow...I'm really trying my best to keep it together here at work so my co-workers don't think I've gone nuts. I love gaming around this time of year :D

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Here we go:

EA said:
"You know I will ultimately let consumers vote on PS vs. Xbox. You know I think Nintendo's business was more of an extension of their last console. We are building titles for the Nintendo consoles, but not anywhere near as many as we are for PS or Xbox. You know, what I think the consumer will find is a lot more powerful gameplay with the new boxes that are coming out, and a lot of excitement, but it will remain to be seen as to the services associated with those how the consumers decide which direction they want to go."
Source: http://www.veracast.com/stifel/internet2013/main/player.cfm?eventName=2061_electr

haha, the new Wii U System Update from yesterday was probably EA Origin support or something to block used games. lol, Nintendo finally gave in. This would be horrible löiasdpsdüasdlp

Top Bottom