• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA is deving games for Nintendo consoles, but not anywhere near as many as PS/Xbox

BD1

Banned
I think Star Wars & Disney is a good guess, but it could also be someone from Nintendo picked up the phone and said "What the fuck? Let's be friends" after the shit storm last week.

bndadm

wiiuea4uxuba.gif

Naked Gun? Gif?

Bless you.

Will see what franchise(s) they bring to the Wii U.

lordmrw

Of course Star Wars will be on Wii U.

Seriously. the Star Wars games have always sold on Nintendo platforms going as far back as the SNES. Even the damn late port of Lego Star Wars for Gamecube did huge numbers. You'd have to be pretty damn stupid to disregard that.

wildfire

Banned
Now we need a gif of the Wii U rising from his casket at a funeral with everyone shocked saying "it has fucking returned."

This is absolutely pure comedy. How did Microsoft botch this more than Nintendo is well beyond me. Here's hoping Sony backs off their stupid social sharing gimmicks themselves.

How about Suhil makes a Walking Dead gif with Rick being EA, Shane being Microsoft and Nintendo being Carl?

Anyone who has seen "The Walking Dead" should know exactly what scene I'm thinking of.

DerZuhälter;58427957 said:

And I thought I wouldn't laugh harder after seeing the original one. This is just sad.

OryoN

Whatever EA... If you're leaving, leave!

Like I said in a pass thread: God help these devs/pubs (who are betting so much on XB1/PS4) if those consoles are not immediately a big success.

On top of the sour reactions to Xbox One's reveal, perhaps it just dawned on EA that; We pulled the plug on Wii U, but here we are putting a heck of a lot of resources into consoles that sold exactly 0 units.

G0523

So the CFO of EA had to come out and say that their own spokesperson and an architectural engineer were wrong, that EA is in fact developing games for the Wii U. That's really bad. Someone's gonna get fired! EA needs to manage their employees better.

nordique

Turns out EA actually is developing games for Wii U after all, just not as many/nor focus as the more graphically endowed next-gen platforms (surprise, surprise)

Electronic Arts is developing games for the Wii U, but not as many as the company is developing for Sony and Microsoft's consoles, EA's chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen said today during the Stifel Nicolaus 2013 Internet, Media and Communications Conference.

"You know, I think Nintendo's business was more [an] extension of their last console," Jorgensen said today. "We are building titles for the Nintendo console, but not anywhere near as many as we are for PS or Xbox."

So, EA has not quite given up on Wii U

Chat away.

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4351844/ea-developing-wii-u-games

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Well, they saw the Xbox One conference, too.

Thoraxes

How about Suhil makes a Walking Dead gif with Rick being EA, Shane being Microsoft and Nintendo being Carl?

Anyone who has seen "The Walking Dead" should know exactly what scene I'm thinking of.

After today, I think MS is now Carl. Nintendo is Shane though for obvious reasons, and then you can even make a Playstation CD Addon for Nintendo systems jokes too!

ugoo18

Now we need a gif of the Wii U rising from his casket at a funeral with everyone shocked saying "it has fucking returned."

This is absolutely pure comedy. How did Microsoft botch this more than Nintendo is well beyond me. Here's hoping Sony backs off their stupid social sharing gimmicks themselves.

iVTT7iHZ0KMgK.gif

The_Lump

Banned
In all seriousness, considering they were involved in the reveal, EA obviously knew the direction XBone was going long ago. They havn't suddenly changed their minds....

What they probably have done, however, is down play everything else so as to build hype for their Next-Gen games/engine on XBone. That included happily announcing they had "no games" for WiiU right around the recent Nintendo Direct and right before the big reveal with XBox.

Pretty shitty practice, but also pretty standard nowadays I suppose.

Wonderful.

Nintendo should come out and publicly dismiss EA, shut them out of their console and let the world know that they're not wanted, and their value ain't bout shit.

It'd be the greatest thing to go down in the industry. After all despite the Wii U's position, the Nintendo could easily bring that Ether when attacking EA's policies and quality.

Let's get that political game going!

Nintendo should come out and publicly dismiss EA, shut them out of their console and let the world know that they're not wanted, and their value ain't bout shit.
It's always hard to tell whether people are serious about comments like this.

EA makes a miniscule amount of its revenues from Nintendo's platforms. They will control the incredibly lucrative FIFA license exclusively for the next decade. They will probably aim to lock up the Madden NFL license for a similar period.

Nintendo are not in any position of power against EA.

RazorK1d

Whatever EA... If you're leaving, leave!

Like I said in a pass thread: God help these devs/pubs (who are betting so much on XB1/PS4) if those consoles are not immediately a big success.

On top of the sour reactions to Xbox One's reveal, perhaps it just dawned on EA that; We pulled the plug on Wii U, but here we are putting a heck of a lot of resources into consoles that sold exactly 0 units.

This is what always surprised and bugged me about EA'a previous stance and other developers attitude towards WiiU. I get that they believe a lot of enthusiasts are gonna buy a PS4/XBO at launch. But how are you gonna count out an entirely new system that's only been on the market for 7 months, by Nintendo no less? Do they think that despite a dismal waste of a head start so far, that install base won't start to rise significantly once Nintendo's games start to sell systems? When has a Nintendo system (not including virtual boy) failed? Don't you want to spread your investments instead of betting everything on one horse?

I think a lot of publishers and developers who refuse to develop games for WiiU along with the ones they are making for PS4/XBO, are gonna be disappointed with how long those systems are gonna take to fly off the shelves.

It's always hard to tell whether people are serious about comments like this.

EA makes a miniscule amount of its revenues from Nintendo's platforms. They will control the incredibly lucrative FIFA license exclusively for the next decade. They will probably aim to lock up the Madden NFL license for a similar period.

Nintendo are not in any position of power against EA.

I'm actually very serious. I'd call out their quality and development history along with terrible practices. EA isn't necessary for Nintendo despite the strengths of their sports title (which are only apparent on other platforms). Basically the goal is to destroy their image or whatever the hell is left of it.

Proof is in the pudding, Nintendo may need third parties, but when EA started to make declarations they were out, the consumers really did respond with, "No one's gonna miss you."

They should make that known. "We're not taking no shit this gen."

Mael

I'm actually very serious. I'd call out their quality and development history along with terrible practices. EA isn't necessary for Nintendo despite the strengths of their sports title (which are only apparent on other platforms). Basically the goal is to destroy their image or whatever the hell is left of it.

Proof is in the pudding, Nintendo may need third parties, but when EA started to make declarations they were out, the consumers really did respond with, "No one's gonna miss you."

Seriously if it was Yamauchi's and Lincoln's Nintendo, EA would be basically banned from making games on their platforms and any and all their partners working with EA would be similarly stonewalled.
Some nasty stuffs would be going on that would make sure no one would be doing that ever again.

Seriously if it was Yamauchi's and Lincoln's Nintendo, EA would be basically banned from making games on their platforms and any and all their partners working with EA would be similarly stonewalled.
Some nasty stuffs would be going on that would make sure no one would be doing that ever again.

Exactly. Nintendo definitely needs to be out there regulating and making it known that no one who has nothing new to offer using their technology or anything to bring on the table or if AAA devs plan to do what EA did, they have no place on the Wii U.

There's a time and a place for an aggresive strategy and after all the disrespect from EA..... it's time for them to feel the Ether.

Exactly. Nintendo definitely needs to be out there regulating and making it known that no one who has nothing new to offer using their technology or anything to bring on the table or if AAA devs plan to do what EA did, they have no place on the Wii U.

There's a time and a place for an aggresive strategy and after all the disrespect from EA..... it's time for them to feel the Ether.

That worked so well for the N64.

Certain members of Nintendo-GAF responded with "no one's going to miss you" as they have towards essentially every game not announced for Wii U.

Your notions are nonsensical. The lack of FIFA 14 and Madden NFL 25 will be a serious impediment to adoption.

Consumers will go where the games go.

The extent to which you overestimate Nintendo's current position in the marketplace is ridiculous.

Top Bottom