• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happened to Michael Pachter?

maltrain

Well, he and Game Trailers were big supporters of Microsoft in the last weeks.

I mean, I remember THIS PREDICTION and a lot more from him, praising Microsoft against Sony.

He told us he would go to Xbone reveal... but after that... NOTHING.

In his Twitter account he has said nothing since May 21th in fact.

I really wanted to hear him being wrong AGAIN.

Toki767

He had a lunch or something to go to right after the Xbox One reveal according to his show. He's probably just really busy. He does have a real job.

He was on NPR yesterday on a bland "the newest Xbox was announced!" segment doing the bit about how families will buy this so their kids can talk to grandma on kinect/skype. It seems like there are way cheaper/easier to teach grandma how to use devices for that but whatever...

whitehawk

Banned
He was wrong?

Didn't he predict that the XBone will work with your cable service, Skype will be a big selling point and that Kinect will be bundled?

After munching on leaves for the last few days he's formed into a chrysalis and will emerge in a few weeks time a beautiful butterfly.

What can he say?

He can't be critical of Microsoft and he doesn't want to lose his credibility by paroting Penny Arcade's and Wired's terrible articles supporting MS's bad practices.

He's been exposed.

Jarnet87

He also predicted that at least 1 woman would be a presenting during the conference. He was right there, even if they were absolutely worthless to the show.

Wasn't he making fun of Kotaku because of the always online story they wrote? Hahah who is laughing now Mr Pachter?

Pachter: "Who is the dumbass who came up with this rumor?"

Guy: "Kotaku."

Pachter: "Oh. Now that I know Kotaku came up with that, it must be right.
DUMB. DUMB DUMB DUMB.

Kotaku writes shit like that and people click on it?"
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...umor-ratings&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13693274553976

taken from here
http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=554552

EXGN

Dude doesn't tweet in two days, clearly he has committed seppuku for his critical lapse in judgment that sent the video game industry into a massive depression.

He couldn't keep dat spin, by the end of the XBONE conference he just vanished into the air

screenshot2013-05-23a01sn1.png

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
He also predicted that at least 1 woman would be a presenting during the conference. He was right there, even if they were absolutely worthless to the show.
True and I can also attest that going by the hype thread that we were all wrong about what the conference would be like.

The gaf pachter hate really is truly embarrassing and hypocritical.

witness

He was on NPR yesterday on a bland "the newest Xbox was announced!" segment doing the bit about how families will buy this so their kids can talk to grandma on kinect/skype. It seems like there are way cheaper/easier to teach grandma how to use devices for that but whatever...

So dumb. Yeah families who have a lot mandatory expenses will buy a expensive console and pay for gold to talk to grandma. Fuck a cheap web cam for a computer, or a tablet, or a phone. We want to talk to grandma on the big screen, in the living , all sitting down together.

Sojgat

He doesn't want GAF threads about him, I think we should respect that and all pretend he doesn't exist anymore.

Basic reverse psychology, and it's working.

Now threads are being started purely due to the absence of Michael Pachter.

He wants us to post about him, he needs us to post about him.

If GAF stopped making threads about Pachter, he would literally cease to exist.

Top Bottom