• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 123 HD for iOS Finally Getting Release

ca5b4875b7a79621e5429ec70ed9afd8.jpg

Coming May 30th
5e5aef276d273ebdab66a99d80d88b57.png

Capcom Blog said:
HOLD IT! We know it’s been a while since we last talked about the Phoenix Wright Trilogy, but this stunningly remastered collection drops into the App Store next week.
Man, 2013 is gonna be one helluva year for Phoenix fans! Not only have we just confirmed the all-new Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies for 3DS, we’ve just received word that Phoenix’s first three games are heading to Apple devices much sooner than expected: MAY 30TH.

abe6be332dd72363a514a40e2567d5d2.jpg

Mark those calendars, because Phoenix’s first three escapades are hitting iOS in a conveniently priced, downloadable fashion. There’s never been a better time to get a friend into the legal proceedings, because anyone can download the app and play the original Ace Atttorney game's first two cases FREE, with the option to download the rest of the game for $5.99. After that, the following two full games will cost you $6.99 apiece, or grab the entire collection in one shot for $16.99.

I know that may seem high by iPhone standards, but theses games are huge, containing hours and hours of expertly written entertainment, and they've had a lot more work put in to them than your average iOS slot game or bubble-popping simulator. Furthermore, the first three Phoenix games have been more than a little hard to find for the last couple years, and I think we can all agree this is markedly better than the pricey eBay alternative, right?

Even better, the Ace trilogy has been fully optimized for iOS. Not only has the whole shebang been remastered and enhanced for retina displays, it’s got newly added social features you won't find anywhere else, such as the “Everyone Object” mode which allows players to share dissatisfaction with everyday life, Phoenix-style!

Look for this icon on May 30th

Hold on to your legal briefs, folks. We’ll have more information, including a thorough FAQ, for you very soon. Until then, have a look at the new trailer for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies!

Finally. I was expecting this in July like Sven said.

$16.99 for all three? Not bad at all, Capcom. I've only played the first game, so I'll definitely be checking this out day one.

Pappasman

That's not a bad price at all. I've been playing the series earlier this year on the DS so I'm not interested in this, but this is a great series that more people should play. That's a lot of game for $16.99.

Aeana

Probably because the piracy rate is so outrageously high on Android?

http://www.slashgear.com/95-android-game-piracy-experience-highlights-app-theft-challenge-15282064/

http://www.slashgear.com/unbelievab...ced-free-app-decision-says-game-dev-23239758/

I wouldn't want to put my game on such an unsafe platform. Why bother? Won't make any money anyway. Especially a high dollar game like this.

SE makes plenty of money on Android. Although they do it through their own store, rather than the Play store.

Salsa

so ugly

glad I still have all my DS copies

still an amazing value for that price, so everyone should get it asap, but yeah sucks about the new art

Nori Chan

#TeamApple baby

I'VE BEEN WAITING YEARS FOR THIS SHIT TO BE RELEASED SON. I wonder how many gigs it's gonna be? Gonna start deleting some apps to make room for this beauty.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
people playing this glorious series for the first time: play with the music on! one of the few games i recommend doing so.

Comandr

#TeamApple baby

I'VE BEEN WAITING YEARS FOR THIS SHIT TO BE RELEASED SON. I wonder how many gigs it's gonna be? Gonna start deleting some apps to make room for this beauty.

Well the first game is 229MB. So vaguely triple that and add all HD imagery and I would say roughly 1.5GB at the most.

Alrus

I wonder how the remastered sprites look in movement. Outside of that, it's a pretty nice deal. Anyone who hasn't played those game yet should get on that. They're all great. (well the second one is slightly less great but still...)

I've never actually sat down and dedicated more than 5 minutes to one iOS game. This will be the first. I only wish I had an iPad to experience Phoenix in full 10 inch HD glory.

Comandr

Why have you not played Ghost Trick?

Or Horn, Knights of Pen and Paper, Bastion, Lili, The Bard's Tale, Sword and Sworcery, Solomon's Keep/Boneyard, any of the Kairosoft games, or even the original Ace Attorney that released a long time ago.

Anti-iOS gamers are missing out.

Top Bottom