• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 123 HD for iOS Finally Getting Release

I think the frame rate is the same as the originals. And while the pixelated originals look better, I'm fine with how the graphics look. I play on the iPhone, so it may be worse when blown up onto an iPad or AppleTV.
It's not the same as the DS version, that version runs way way smoother. All the thinking in the world won't change that. The iOS version is choppy as fuck and screams lazy devs cash grab.

It's not the same as the DS version, that version runs way way smoother. All the thinking in the world won't change that. The iOS version is choppy as fuck and screams lazy devs cash grab.
Ok, I haven't played the DS version in years, and then only the first one. I just remember the 'swoosh' blur animation as the camera goes to and from defendant/lawyer/prosecutor/witness/judge being choppy like that. Sounds like I'm wrong.

I just want to give posts that have the viewpoint that this game is still playable.

playing through 1-4 now (busy with other games)... it really does make one appreciate how well they adapted the first game into a movie.

The movie was super awesome. Everyone should see it.

Cody_D165

Banned
Ok, I haven't played the DS version in years, and then only the first one. I just remember the 'swoosh' blur animation as the camera goes to and from defendant/lawyer/prosecutor/witness/judge being choppy like that. Sounds like I'm wrong.

I just want to give posts that have the viewpoint that this game is still playable.

For comparison:

DS version: http://youtu.be/C0FSmuVulJM?t=6m3s

iOS version: http://youtu.be/us4D3XfrTV0?t=5m23s

The game is very playable and I still recommend it to anyone who has not played AA, but the superior version still seems to be the DS originals.

hmmm that ds footage... I really should check out ebay to get all the carts... lost all of them in a flood before :(

you know, I could argue that i like the ios version more in aspects. The way higher resolution background art makes investigations better somehow.

Is there anyway to get the text to go faster like there was in the DS version. I enjoyed playing through the first two cases again but if I've got to put up with the slow text again, I might just play the DS versions again. Shame as the iOS version is really cool for a commute.

Just a PSA for a certain minigame in the first game, case 5 where you have to spell out the name by connecting the dots.

It's extremely picky because the coder that did this port is awful. Make sure you 'spell' out the letters like how one would actually write the letters in that specific brush order (Spell out 'A', down left to up, up to down right, line in middle).

Took me 30min to solve this puzzle because fuck capcom. This game was delayed for half a year and its still a buggy mess.

Top Bottom