• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta 2013: 750 woo!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
PaTeE5y.png

ZkBT5fZ.png

hRlkC.gif

Welcome to the NeoGAF thread for the Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta 2013!

The official page can be found here.

Gilgabot, the official Twitter Bot for the fiesta, is found here.

Hashtag: #FF5FJF2013

This is an event for Child's Play Charity! By making pledges and donations you can affect you and I play the game! And of course raise money for a good cause!

Schedule
May 31 to June 16: Preregistration
June 15, 16: rk's run
June 17 - August 31: The Fiesta is live! Play! Try to get your #victory in by August 31 at midnight your time!

What is the Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta 2013?
You play Final Fantasy Five, the best Final Fantasy game. The only difference is, you are allowed only four jobs, one from each crystal. And they are randomly assigned to you. When you beat Exdeath, your picture must show all four of those jobs being used to qualify you as a winner.

Could you give a detailed version of that?
As you play Final Fantasy Five, jobs are unlocked at certain parts of the game. The wind crystal, water crystal, fire crystal and earth crystal. When you unlock the wind, water, fire and earth crystal jobs, send a tweet to @FF5ForFutures with #wind, #water, #fire or #earth respectively. You will then be informed of your new job!

What versions of FF5 are acceptable?
Any. GBA or iOS are recommended. GBA for it being the best version, iOS because heck, screen capturing could not be easier. And it is cheap. Comparatively. Playing on the PS1 should be the new "Hard Mode". Maybe next year?

Can I use the extra jobs in FFVa?
Were they assigned to you?

What if I have never played FF5 before?
It is cool, you can still sign up.
This is not the recommend way to play the first time. But, no one is stopping you from trying.

I could just do this any time on my own! Why do I need you?
Correct! But you need me because I love you, and so does Gilgabot. And we raise money for charity. Child’s Play! We raised $3385 last year, which was pretty cool.

I hate Twitter! Let me do it some other way!
I am terribly sorry, but Twitter makes automating this much easier and open to a wide array of people. Twitter requires no personal information, you could easily make a junk account and use it entirely for the fiesta. If you delete your account or change your name, though, things will get funky and not work as nicely.

My twitter account is private!
Gilgabot will not be able to see your tweets until you follow him and he also follows you. So you will have to either notify me somehow or I will be checking for private accounts following Gilgabot as frequently as I can (maybe once a day). It would be easiest if you made another Fiesta-only account.

What if I do not get any tweets back?
Gilgabot works on a schedule and will respond to tweets when it is able. Should ten or fifteen minutes go by, do not resend the tweet, but let RevenantKioku know. He will look into it and if something is really gunked, manually set you up. It just may take a while if that is the case, but it should not be.
Gilgabot can get overloaded. This happened last year. Try to calm down and get your jobs when you are playing, not just because you can. Outside of the opening rush, however, things should be fine.

Are there any goals?
We would like to break the $3385 we raised last year.
And if more than $5000 is raised, RevenantKioku will drop everything else he is playing and livestream himself playing Final Fantasy 12. And he really, really hates that game.

Is RK doing a run this year?
Yup! And you can vote for his jobs right here! He will begin his broadcast early in the morning June 15 (Japan time) and will play until he beats it! Once he wins, the fiesta starts! (Or it starts June 17 0:00 EDT if he takes too long.) Last year he (I. Why am I talking in the third person?) played straight through for many hours and got a little goofy by the end. It should be fun!

Any new rules?
Yup! Be sure to read along. Hard mode became Random Run, there are Team 750 and Team No 750 runs (What? Read on!) and you can add Natural to any run as well. BERSERKER RISK is back too, and berserkier than ever.

Contest Rules

Runs

Normal Run (#reg)

Players will be assigned one class from each crystal. Until all four classes are unlocked, players are only permitted to use the classes they have currently unlocked. Bare/Suppin/Freelance can only be used until the Wind Crystal job is unlocked.

Random Run
Ih8HsCc.png
(#regrand)

Players will be assigned one class from any of the available jobs when new jobs are unlocked. As above, Bare/Suppin/Freelance can only be used until the Wind Jobs are obtained.

Team 750
QVBjKUE.png
(#reg750)

Players will be be assigned jobs that can only break rods or jobs that are similar in play style and theme.

xlBHpnt.png
ZNVnkUf.png
hrMLbD1.png
gLunrpP.png
jqPg3xz.png
EtEO2uy.png
8GmMmCi.png
2pm57Nt.png
jllcItN.png
YG6OZ5T.png

Team No 750
kwtZHVu.png
(#regno750)

Players will only be assigned jobs that cannot break rods and follow within that play style and theme.

akSyFTs.png
2dECfYw.png
Qrg665T.png
Q973A64.png
FAT2GFL.png
a71ETfU.png
Mnvbb9y.png
NBMP8fv.png
hdPkCXj.png
pWvRmrf.png

Natural
txAys6K.png
(#natural)

Natural can be added to any run. To do so either tweet #natural to Gilgabot after registering or include it in your registration tweet. What this means it that you intend on playing with these extra rules in mind.

1. Bartz must use the Wind crystal job exclusively. Lenna the Water, Faris the Fire and Galuf/Krile the Earth.
2. If you are playing a mode other than Normal you simply assign the job listed in that slot on the players page for your job.
3. Characters must remain Freelancer until their job is unlocked. Team No 750 players must not break rods.
4. Characters may not use skills from other jobs. This means no giving Black Magic to Bards and the like. Only skills learned naturally from the one assigned job may be used.

BERSERKER RISK
FAT2GFL.png
(#BERSERKERRISK)

BERSERKER RISK can be added to any run to give the player a chance of getting the Berseker job assigned to their Water, Fire or Earth Crystal slots. The only difference is that a Normal run will have their Water Job set to Berserker instead of any other slot. To do so either tweet #BERSERKERRISK to Gilgabot after registering or include it in your registration tweet. When the fiesta starts, for every $10 of donations, one player with BERSERKER RISK will get another Berserker. If there are more Berserkers to hand out than players with BERSERKER RISK players will end up with multiple Berserkers. This is the only way in the Fiesta to end up with a duplicate job. Once the fiesta has started, BERSERKER RISK is no longer an option.

Both Natural and BERSERKER RISK may be added to a run.

Any questions? Leave them! I will try my best to answer them.

CLARIFICATIONS
Every $10 in donations before the Fiesta starts means one person with Berserker Risk gets an extra Berserker.
Normal Run players will get it as their Water Job.
Random or Team No 750 (Or Team 750, but that would be weird to register that way. You COULD. I am not stopping you. But.) they get their Berserker assigned to any non-Wind slot.
Natural works with any. You just apply the job assigned to that crystal slot to that character.

The list of all available commands responds to is available here.

Noi

omg, these extra rules are fantastic.

I'm excited that I actually have a GAF account for this year's run. I streamed a BerserkerRisk run last year but could only lurk the thread.

Aeana

I think the iOS version is "hard mode," rk. I played up to the ship graveyard in it and controlling it makes me sad.

Other than the controls and the ugly sprites, though, it's definitely fine and if you don't have the GBA version, you might as well go with it.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Are the images not loading for anyone? I... I think I need new hosting...

I think the iOS version is "hard mode," rk. I played up to the ship graveyard in it and controlling it makes me sad.

Other than the controls and the ugly sprites, though, it's definitely fine and if you don't have the GBA version, you might as well go with it.
I really had no problems with the controls. I got up to the fire dingus with no stress.

Orayn

CANNOT WATE! SO EXCITE!

My roommate and I are already planning to stream a two-screens-at-once FIESTA ODYSSEY on Twitch.tv throughout the summer, with both of us on mic providing insightful and not-so-insightful commentary all the while.

SkyOdin

Yes, it is here!

I enjoyed my run last year, and I am looking forward to trying out a different team this year. Last time I got Thief/Summoner/Beast-tamer/Chemist, which was an interesting mix of weak attacks, weak armor, unconventional abilities, surprising synergy, and broken power. It was great.

For this year I am hoping for something different. Maybe a class that can actually equip worthwhile armor. Or something with full-party healing.

Noi

I'm already considering doing a Random + Berserker Risk like last year, but I'm wondering if adding in Natural would be too rough for me. I've never considered not using cross-class skills before, but it sounds like it could be fun if I draw the right jobs.

Yay, an excuse to play the best Final Fantasy.

Though, I'm more busy than last year so hopefully I'll be able to finish it.

Probably want to do a Normal run again and probably curse getting the same class again.

Yeah, getting 503 error on the site.

Bard was the only reason I finished the marathon last year.

Bard's a handy class to have, it's just a class I've gotten the past two years. Hoping to mix things up, I didn't have any fighters last year (Bard, Black Mage, Summoner, Chemist).

Wazzy

Banned
I'm gonna try this with a friend. I saw it last year but I didn't have an account plus I was fairly busy.

FF V <3

Trying to decide if i want to do this again... its good times and all(though sometimes it felt like a drag, but maybe that's my fault for forcing myself to play even when i didn't want to), but I actually have other shit to do now-a-days.

...Fuck it, I'm joining. Just have to decide what rules I want this time. Did basic rules the first time, gotta switch it up somehow this year.

I bought the Japanese cart this year ... Maybe this is a sign ...

Edit: Nope, Grandia, FFVII International, and Sora no Kiseki SC will prevent this from happening. Have fun guys.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Been waiting for this for a few weeks now, pretty excited :D

Tried once in 2011 and again in 2012, didn't finish either time. THIS IS THE YEAR!

This event is the only reason I have a twitter...

RevenantKioku

Question!

Does this mean dupes have been removed from what was Hard Mode last year?

Yeah. This was the biggest complaint from last year. (And then when I removed it, the first thing I got was a complaint. There is no winning. But there was so many complaints that we will see how things go this year. Who knows! I already have things planned for 2014.)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Question about Berserker Risk: If you select that you're guaranteed Berserker for your Water job? And every $10 donated (before the run starts) gives you a chance of getting another Berserker? Just trying to clarify.

Also, do the Random Run and Natural Crystal registrations cancel each other out? Since random run pulls form all available jobs and Natural Run restricts each character to a certain crystal.

RevenantKioku

Question about Berserker Risk: If you select that you're guaranteed Berserker for your Water job? And every $10 donated (before the run starts) gives you a chance of getting another Berserker? Just trying to clarify.

Also, do the Random Run and Natural Crystal registrations cancel each other out? Since random run pulls form all available jobs and Natural Run restricts each character to a certain crystal.

Every $10 in donations means one person with Berserker Risk gets an extra Berserker.
Normal run players will get it as their Water Job.
Random or Team No 750 (Or team 750, but that would be weird to register that way. You COULD. I am not stopping you. But.)
Natural Run works with any. You just apply the job assigned to that crystal slot to that character.

lingiii

Banned
Lol oops it turns out I didn't understand the full implications of natural: if you go reg, you can have any of your characters learn the skills of any unlocked class, allowing subclassing, right? Been so long since I played FFV!

Oh well, going to try natural. If my jobs are just a damn mess and I feel the need to subclass, I might break it with a self-imposed donation penalty.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Bah, just like last year it looks like I'm going to have to start late.

Said I'd do random this year, so I'm sticking to that.

Aeana

Aww man, I didn't realize how far into June it is.

What a dagger.

Well, it's the same as last year. Thread goes up, donations for RK's run starts and go for 2 weeks, then he takes 2 days max to stream and then the Fiesta starts proper.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So excite. So very, very excite.

Natural is interesting but shouldn't be that hard even with a bad party; Most of the first world will be a breeze with all those Freelancers running wild.

Natural Random Berserker risk might be the hardest though you could also potentially end up with a bunch of Freelancers I guess and Freelancers are just about the fourth or fifth best class in the game because of equipment choices even with no skills.

walei

Sweet, I had a blast last year and looking forward to this again this year!!

One question though, Natural and Random cannot played in the same run correct (I'd assume this would result in a lot of players getting multiple Freelancers)? Just asking because this is a possible combination in the pre-reg drop down menu selection.

RevenantKioku

Freelancer is not part of the random roll.

Jockel

I think I remember reading that the battle system can be broken and ridiculously easy if you knew what you were doing.
Can somebody enlighten me what combinations exactly are broken (in your favor)?

When Gilgabot started tweeting about it a couple weeks ago, I got excited and got my party up to the Wind Shrine so that I would ready to go when things started. This is when I thought it was starting on 6/1, whoops.

Unfortunately for my fiestaing, the run doesn't start until 6/16 and my son is due 6/17. But I will figure out a way to do this regardless!

RevenantKioku

When Gilgabot started tweeting about it a couple weeks ago, I got excited and got my party up to the Wind Shrine so that I would ready to go when things started. This is when I thought it was starting on 6/1, whoops.

Unfortunately for my fiestaing, the run doesn't start until 6/16 and my son is due 6/17. But I will figure out a way to do this regardless!

2. The countdown was actually for _me_ so I knew how much time I had left to get ready. Sorry. But more importantly,

1. CONGRATULATIONS! I dunno if your son will be your first or not but it is really exciting times! Get the iOS version so you can play one handed while cradling him in the other. </dadadvice>

RevenantKioku

Sweet, I had a blast last year and looking forward to this again this year!!

One question though, Natural and Random cannot played in the same run correct (I'd assume this would result in a lot of players getting multiple Freelancers)? Just asking because this is a possible combination in the pre-reg drop down menu selection.

Natural and Random can be played. You just give Butz whatever is in your Wind slot, Lena whatever is in the Water slot and so on.

Registered! I got a Berserker last year on Normal, so I won't register for risk.

RK, did you notice that the site's links are pointing to localhost?

RevenantKioku

Registered! I got a Berserker last year on Normal, so I won't register for risk.

RK, did you notice that the site's links are pointing to localhost?

Still? What pages? I thought I fixed that. (I dunno how the hell it got set to that to begin with...)

Top Bottom