• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V Next Gen announcement coming at E3?

jbug617

Banned
On GTTV, Keighley just showed an interview with Kojima and asked about a next gen version of MGS V. Kojima breaks out in a smile and said to watch for E3.

Guess Kojima is going to show up at Microsoft or Sony's E3 conference to show a new trailer and announce a next gen version. Then we wait for PR to say it's coming to both.

I think this game is cross gen because it was already announced for 360 and PS3.

AznSniper

I thought for sure Kojima would hint or say to look for more at the Microsoft or Sony conference. Guess we will find out.

Yea, this has been pretty known (unofficially) for a while.

jcxqmjG1ixyd.png

Guys, they already said the trailer for the game is premiering on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

It doesn't benefit Kojima to appear on stage at a conference unless the game is exclusive. Especially if MS and Sony are trying to focus on exclusives themselves.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Isn't Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes the same game? I assumed GZ is pre-coma and PP is post-coma.

I really, really, really want to see ps4 versions of MGSV, DSII, GT6, and Versus/TLG (not sure what the latest rumors are on those two).

The first three at least seem feasible.

jbug617

Banned
Guys, they already said the trailer for the game is premiering on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

It doesn't benefit Kojima to appear on stage at a conference unless the game is exclusive. Especially if MS and Sony are trying to focus on exclusives themselves.

I missed most of the Konami conference so it's cool they are putting it out themselves rather than a conference.

Isn't Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes the same game? I assumed GZ is pre-coma and PP is post-coma.

I don't think it's ever been made perfectly clear. I think it's surely a single release, but others fully believe it's going to be two separate releases. Maybe by the end of next week we'll know for sure.

$200

Banned
Considering Kojima was in the XBox One trailer last month I'm guessing he will play a part in the MS conference.

Unless it's ONLY next-gen
Or GZ (because GZ is confirmed for Ps360) and PP are separate games

I really don't see it coming to PS4/X1

Cross-gen metal gear? It just doesn't seem likely.

jediyoshi

Cross gen in this specific schedule does seem a little off. Though given how many times each metal gear has made its way onto another platform by now, it seems like it's just something they'd embrace upfront.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are separate games. KojiPro confirmed that a little while ago, that Ground Zeroes would release first, and The Phantom Pain is a second chapter of sorts. The splintered release is due to how much time the game is taking.

It would be unusual for them to release The Phantom Pain exclusively for current generation systems when the Xbone and PS4 have been kicking around in the market for a good few months. KojiPro has also been advertising positions for Metal Gear on PC and next generation consoles.

A next-gen up-port of both is pretty likely, in my opinion.

Why not? We already have a fuck ton of announced cross-gen games, what makes this potentially different? Especially considering I'm sure this isn't out this year, so let's say it comes out Spring/Summer 2014, by then the systems would have been out for a good number of months, why not put it out on both. Especially if it's actually coming to PC as the old job description said, which means the work is being done any way.

Mrbob

The rumors suggest Sony has been trying to lock up mgs5 as next gen exclusive for awhile and now it is going to be xbone exclusive? Lol. This is only if Kojima is even interested in an exclusive in the first place. Fox Engine was created with multiplatform in mind.

Does it matter which conference it is shown at?

Knoxcore

And your reasoning for this is what? The trailer is going live the next day.

I think MS wants to put its best foot forward at E3. Showing an incredible third party game (which will be multiplatform and appear on the PS4) is one way of doing that. Sony does have a lot of material to get through...the have to reveal the console, go through their online and media offerings, got through PS Vita and PS3 offerings as well as show off games for the PS4. To be honest, I just think MS has room for a third party appearance like this. Sony may not.

Why not? We already have a fuck ton of announced cross-gen games, what makes this potentially different? Especially considering I'm sure this isn't out this year, so let's say it comes out Spring/Summer 2014, by then the systems would have been out for a good number of months, why not put it out on both. Especially if it's actually coming to PC as the old job description said, which means the work is being done any way.

Kojima said they're the same game. But I could be wrong. Just hear me out though, how could Ground Zeroes be it's own game? It's basically one mission and then a coma. The only thing I can think of is
A) Ground Zeroes is really a multiplayer component (hence the plural of zero)
B) It is some sort of small digital only game
C) I'm completely wrong and there is a lot that happens before that coma.

The rumors suggest Sony has been trying to lock up mgs5 as next gen exclusive for awhile and now it is going to be xbone exclusive? Lol. This is only if Kojima is even interested in an exclusive in the first place. Fox Engine was created with multiplatform in mind.

Does it matter which conference it is shown at?

I don't think anyone is saying/meaning is XB1 exclusive. Just thinking it's going to be shown at there conference. Not sure what their reasoning is, but think that's what they're saying.

Kojima said they're the same game. But I could be wrong. Just hear me out though, how could Ground Zeroes be it's own game? It's basically one mission and then a coma. The only thing I can think of is
A) Ground Zeroes is really a multiplayer component (hence the plural of zero)
B) It is some sort of small digital only game
C) I'm completely wrong and there is a lot that happens before that coma.

I'm confused as to what any of that has to do with what platforms the game(s?) appear on?

tensuke

Geoff Keighly (IIRC) interviewed Kojima here around 4 minutes they talk about GZ and TPP. It's not too specific but it sounds like it will be 2 releases. Not sure.

I think MS wants to put its best foot forward at E3. Showing an incredible third party game (which will be multiplatform and appear on the PS4) is one way of doing that. Sony does have a lot of material to get through...the have to reveal the console, go through their online and media offerings, got through PS Vita and PS3 offerings as well as show off games for the PS4. To be honest, I just think MS has room for a third party appearance like this. Sony may not.

That's a very different reason than I figured you might have. :)

That being said, Microsoft is probably going to want to focus on their 15 exclusives rather than a multiplatform game that is inevitably going to sell better on PlayStation consoles anyway.

J@hranimo

Banned
They might as well just officially confirm it just to get it out of the way.

Now if it's a multiplatform game, that'll be something.

Because Konami themselves said they aren't interested in publishing cross-gen games.

KP said on Twitter today that the trailer will be released on Wednesday Japan time, so that made me think that it won't be shown at a press conference for sure. But Kojima just tweeted this.

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/342881543833911297

I Google Translated it, there's mention of a "long version". A few days ago he also posted a pic of him in the editing room, saying "Mixing the 1st one".

So it looks like we will get a "short" trailer at a press conference next week.

Top Bottom