• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V Next Gen announcement coming at E3?

Elios83

Would love to see next gen announcements for I prefer to keep my expectations low on this.
Multiplatform, short version of the trailer showed at the conferences. No next gen specific footage for now.
I'd love to be suprised by Kojima =)

zychi

Banned
It better not be xbox exclusive. I'm not buying an xbone, you hear me kojima, if you got xbox exclusive it better come out for pc too.

synce

On the surprise scale this ranks 0/10... MGS5 could be the game to make me buy a PS4, unless it's DRM'd up the ass

fjfA9SY.png

That would be the final blow to a lot of people.

And being that Kojima told them to watch E3 and he smiled, some must be up. He'd never smile about something being MS exclusive.

We all remember the E3 with Rising, then him coming on stage to say that Peace Walker was the true MGS.

Hex

Banned
I would like to think that Kojima still has standards, but I am also on the side that thinks he will have been bought and paid for to be at the Microsoft conference.
But until proven guilty I will still believe in Kojima san

And being that Kojima told them to watch E3 and he smiled, some must be up. He'd never smile about something being MS exclusive.

We all remember the E3 with Rising, then him coming on stage to say that Peace Walker was the true MGS.

maybe nextgen exclusive on ps4 but current gen on both ps3 and 360.

I would like to think that Kojima still has standards, but I am also on the side that thinks he will have been bought and paid for to be at the Microsoft conference.
But until proven guilty I will still believe in Kojima san

He also enjoys a bit of occasional trolling...

Alienous

I wouldn't be surprised if Kojima's pride, heritage, and wanting to top Naughty Dog, brings MGSV exclusively to the PS4 as a next-gen console, with it also being on PS3 and 360. But, then again, part of the Fox engine is being able to perform on many consoles.

We'll see.

SMZC

I still doubt that MGSV will be cross-gen. But we'll see.

As for this being shown at the Microsoft conference, I find that highly unlikely. It would be foolish for Kojima to do so, when the series has been associated with the PlayStation brand for 15 years. No amount of Microsoft moneyhats would compensate alienating the huge majority of your fanbase. It's suicide. MGSV will either be at the Sony conference, or they will show it outside of the big two's presentations.

BadWolf

Hope its true, something MGS and Final Fantasy related being exclusive to a new Sony console would be pretty sweet.

I personally don't care about exclusivity much usually as long as it is multiplatform but thanks to Microsoft's 'wonderful' efforts with the X1, I don't want it getting anything that would fuel sales.

Hope its true, something MGS and Final Fantasy related being exclusive to a new Sony console would be pretty sweet.

I personally don't care about exclusivity much usually as long as it is multiplatform but thanks to Microsoft's 'wonderful' efforts with the X1, I don't want it getting anything that would fuel sales.

there have been some murmurs about platform holders chasing 3rd party exclusivity. I wouldn't be surprised. Given the position of 360 in the japanese market, I would think ms would spend more on western developers than japanese.

Jarnet87

^ Doesn't MGS sell a lot better over here then in other countries? I know for 4 US has the majority of the copies sold.

I'm not a big fan of the MGS series, but it would be kind of sad to see Kojima at the MS conference and not Sony after all the years together.

Top Bottom