• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V Next Gen announcement coming at E3?

Grief.exe

Because Konami themselves said they aren't interested in publishing cross-gen games.

Look at the visual fidelity. They have developed a next-gen/PC game, yet they have only announced for the current gen consoles.

The writing is on the wall, MGSV is a cross-gen game.

Izick

Depending on release, I'll either buy the next-gen version for the console of my choice, or double dip and buy the PS3 version first, then the next-gen version.

AznSniper

The rumors suggest Sony has been trying to lock up mgs5 as next gen exclusive for awhile and now it is going to be xbone exclusive? Lol. This is only if Kojima is even interested in an exclusive in the first place. Fox Engine was created with multiplatform in mind.

Does it matter which conference it is shown at?

Did you get it from this?

http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/co...d-v-as-a-playstation-4-exclusive#.UbF6nNK-nld

Kojima-san already said it won't be exclusive to any console. But of course it won't stop him from appearing at one of the conferences and announcing the next-gen version.

http://www.gamechup.com/mgs-5-hideo-kojimas-games-wont-be-ps4-exclusive/

Hideo Kojima said:
“It’s a tough question to answer. Obviously, I do like Sony, I respect them and I have a lot of things in common with their way of thinking. I think the future of gaming is with cloud technology and cloud gaming.

“I love Sony, I have a Sony camera, but I think if you’re going to enter the cloud generation then there will be a lot of different devices involved and a lot of different ways to interact with that game world.

“I don’t want to limit it to any one platform, but I’m not going to say I’m not going to participate in the events. This time [for the PlayStation Meeting], I kind of would have liked to participate, but I was here tending to Rising’s world tour.”

That's a very different reason than I figured you might have. :)

That being said, Microsoft is probably going to want to focus on their 15 exclusives rather than a multiplatform game that is inevitably going to sell better on PlayStation consoles anyway.

The 15 exclusives are within the first year. Of course Microsoft won't show all of those games at E3. They also have GamesCom and other events to unveil more games.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope there are two, full fledged Metal Gear Solid games coming to PS4.

But, I'm going to go with my gut on this one. If I'm wrong, then I can only be pleasantly surprised.

The 15 exclusives are within the first year. Of course Microsoft won't show all of those games at E3. They also have GamesCom and other events to unveil more games.

They won't show ALL of them, but they'll show a bunch of them. And probably Call of Duty like they always do. And some stupid concert. Like they always do.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Damn it all, will I get these titles for PC or PS4?
Fudge... I guess the deciding factors will be the collector's edition; console and pc parity.

OR GDDR5 shared ram...

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Damn it all, will I get these titles for PC or PS4?
Fudge... I guess the deciding factor will be the collectors edition, console and pc parity.

OR GDDR5 shared ram...

Even if my current PC (i72600k / GTX 570) can't hold up with a PS4 version, I think I'd still get the PC version because I'm planning to upgrade again when the Nvidia 800 line releases...and that PC will certainly destroy any console version.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Even if my current PC (i72600k / GTX 570) can't hold up with a PS4 version, I think I'd still get the PC version because I'm planning to upgrade again when the Nvidia 800 line releases...and that PC will certainly destroy any console version.

The problem is, if I get a PS4, I don't see myself making another big purchase for months.
I doubt my twin frozr II 6970 can hold up to PS4 either.

Maybe I'll get the PS4 version first (because it will be out first, mark my words) and then the PC version during the Holiday Steam Sale. By then I will have upgraded my internals.

We have basically the same CPU 3570k is more or less an i72600k.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yea, this has been pretty known (unofficially) for a while.

jcxqmjG1ixyd.png

Oh, neat. Snake bandanna for TF2!

I saw the episode tonight, and from what I remember, Geoff mentioned next gen consoles, but then combined that question with a question about a release date. Kojima's smile and response to wait for E3 seemed to be directed at the release date question, not next gen.

It shouldn't require much effort in creating a PC version with fox engine, seeing as both next-gen consoles are PC-like architecture wise.

muzzymate

Kojima Productions better release Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain for current generation systems.

First he promised Metal Gear Solid: Rising which got turned into Metal Gear Rising. He then confirmed that Metal Gear Solid V was coming to current generation systems.

If it's some sort of Ground Zero / Phantom Pain generation split release, then that would be twice we've been promised a new MGS Xbox 360 game but didn't deliver. However, I certainly don't mind and actively hope that it is released as a cross generation release. He has certainly talked a lot about how the FoxEngine scales.

The quote is pretty clear though at 16:05, "This will be available on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360" as he motions towards the Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain logo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88MOSP6Doak

Would anyone really be surprised though? I'm expecting most big titles to be cross-gen. Available to an existing userbase, but then provides some quality titles for next-gen, even if they aren't exactly next gen quality.

i think kojima is gonna pull his biggest troll ever and end up at sony's conf on the 10th. this is after he was absent in their reveal event, said he was not very impressed by the ps4 (or something like that) and showed up in the opening montage of the xbone conference.

That would be a megaton for me. the only hope we have is it seems Konami is embracing PC with a few titles now.

Rising was originally announced for PC until it switched developers (though it is coming now). So between that and the job listing, there is a decent amount of hope. Hopefully it's the same day as the console releases if it does come.

F4r0_Atak

Xbox One next-gen exclusive.

There would be so much rage.

They said high ends consoles... if we go with any of the latest confirmations and rumors, the game would turn to be just a downgraded port of the PS4 version. XD... lol :O

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Day one on that, what show it'll be at? probably Konami's but I'd be surprised if he shows up at MS's as PlayStation is still getting MGS love with the legacy collection

daveo42

Banned
No one knows. Kojima said at GDC that they're one game, but the Konami PR people say they're separate games.

I thought it was similar to MGS3 and the difference between Virtuous Mission and Snake Eater. Two missions, one game, and the first one ties in nicely with the second one.

Tadale

MY bet: MGSV has a next gen version, and it's not two separate games. Ground Zeroes is the first mission, followed by the Phantom Pain. Same deal as in MGS2 and MGS3.

Top Bottom