• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts new details (SP); You are dog

I kind of summarized the interesting points in the IGN preview.

• No multiple protagonists, story follows one playable character (and his brother)
  • US was ravaged by a "mass event" (not WWIII)
  • Completely new conflict (no ties whatsoever to Modern Warfare series)
  • The use of Ghost's mask is pure fan service according to IW
  • Done with cliche Russian "threat"; players face "resource rich" states (oil abundant South American nations)
  • IGN demo shows "No Man's Land" level (San Diego, desolate wasteland, destroyed infrastructure)
  • No Man's Land emphasizes stealth; player must navigate contested terrain
  • One area has you taking out enemies in gas masks+hazmat suits surveying several mile-wide crater
  • Covert combat was distinctly reminiscent of "All Ghillied Up (COD4)
  • Your service dog accompanies you
  • More than just an AI companion, it's a remote recon scout
  • Can be controlled via a tablet-like viewfinder (based off real life Navy Seals)
  • In the real-world field, SEALS outfit highly trained dogs with periscope-like camera and specialized earpiece; allows team to see/hear everything dog does
  • You can control the dog in-game; can lunge at enemy's throats
  • You can bark to lure enemies into view

Second demo

• Underwater level
  • Actual battles take place underwater
  • Enemy divers submerge from above from boats
  • Underwater assault rifle (real life Russian APS rifle)
  • Intimate use of cover underwater, behind rocks and reefs
  • Verticality in the level; get an elevated shot or dodge
  • Enemy subs use sonar blasts which cause damage to the player and cause tremors in the environment
  • Player must swim from cover to cover
  • Destroy the enemy sub with portable torpedo-like explosive

1370715121codghostsfede.jpg

1370715117codghostsunde.jpg

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
seals can control dogs

I was expecting this as the first post instead, but close enough.

Anyway, AI companions, this is going to become more prominent next gen isn't it? That said, I'm not against the dog idea in Ghosts, so long as it is executed well.

Kade

Cesar Milan is working in conjunction with the US Navy Seals to bring you the first man-operated dog battalion.

.Done with cliche Russian "threat"; players face "resource rich" states (oil abundant South American nations)

Este... That makes me kind of uncomfortable...
Specially because I will not call most South American nations "threat", at least not military wise.

Hung_real

• SEALS outfit highly trained dogs with periscope-like camera and specialized earpiece; allows team to see/hear everything dog does
  • You can control the dog in-game; can lunge at enemy's throats
  • You can bark to lure enemies into view

images

• Can be controlled via a tablet-like viewfinder (based off real life Navy Seals)

Wii-U version features CONFIRMED

I was just thinking that if it does come to Wii U that part screams gamepad integration.

Also more games that let you control animals is always a good thing.

Top Bottom