• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Floor Reporting - Ask questions, receive answers

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm pretty positive I'll have some extra time tomorrow, so post here about what questions you have about games, what you'd like to see, any questions for me etc.
Please keep your questions more in depth if possible. Stuff that usually is not answered by mainstream press or media outlets.

I'm done! :D

Ptd5gms.jpg

mRNON4b.jpg

Dragon's Crown: (PS Vita)
  • EN and JP audio are selectable per character
  • It really does look as good as you think
  • Double Jumps and air dashing(dodge) are very responsive, there is a good amount of mobility (Even Amazon has a angled dive kick).
  • Moving up and down on the screen is feels slow
  • Loot is unidentified, but given a grade. At the end of a mission you can pick what you identify using Gold.
  • Items can be level and class restricted
  • There will no doubt be a lot of interesting mechanics to the game (Amazon heavy attack drops your weapon on a cooldown, lots of pickup and 'x' # of use items, Arrows, Mana, Food can overheal your health, etc.)

Ys Memories of Celceta (PS Vita)
  • Yup it's Ys

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
  • You fight Angelic Centaurs on top of a fighter jet in the demo
  • Looked nice and seemed to hold the framerate ok most of the time

Divekick (PS3)
  • Got me salty
  • I kept losing to Baz
  • Dragged Evilore over and beat him
  • I'm still salty

Some weird colorful flying worm game (PS4)
  • I dunno what this was but it was very responsive
  • PS4 controller feels nice. Triggers are much better than DS3. I like the sticks more too.

The Last of Us (PS3)

• It may be a 10/10 cinematic masterpiece, but 720p and 30FPS with 'show' TV's made this a horrible experience. I forgot how bad current gen systems are.
  • Demo section I played was painfully slow and not directed well
  • To be fair I didn't get any of the tension that no doubt builds up during the game. I don't think it's a game that shows well on a demo/floor.

Oculus Rift (If A Tree Screams in the Forest - IndieCade)

It's an indie tech demo that makes use of the OR
The OR is neat, but the current low resolution display and very perceptible lag/latency/input->photon did not immerse me. I'm extremely sad about this as it seems I'm in the minority. Note I mostly game on PC at 90-120FPS.
  • Walk a path and have some trees stalk you when you aren't looking at them
  • Don't let the trees get you (Tree audio when they creep is unsettling and based on position)
  • Having to physically turn around to check for things made me feel VERY much more connected to the tension the game was building.
  • I burned the shit outta those trees

Oculus Rift (Sound Self - IndieCade)

• It loops the rough sound of your voice into a tunneling visualizer
  • It's trippy
  • I got very dizzy when I stopped making noise and it went backwards at 60mph
  • Amazing potential for users under an influence
NS71NnX.jpg

===============================
------------------------------------------------
===============================

QBv6B8V.jpg

DualShock 4 Controller
  • Great Triggers
  • Better than DS3 sticks
  • Good D-Pad
  • Overall very nice to hold. Would hold again.

Xbox One Controller
  • Clicky D-Pad feels pretty decent
  • Dislike Bumpers
  • Triggers feel different, Spark didn't use the trigger rumble so can't comment on that

nThEgAP.jpg

nVidia Shield (Borderlands 2)
  • Bit small for my hands
  • $349
  • Had massive audio delay on the unit I tested (Convention WiFi... but video was only 2-3 frames behind, audio was like 15-30)
  • Screen is super nice and 720p, but not big enough for me personally.
  • It works.
  • Feels like I'm playing a console thanks to the delay, I don't like it personally. Could see people using it, but it's limited to local wifi only right now
  • They are looking to expand into the cloud (OnLive/Gaikai) to stream to Shield
  • Pass

Zr94hFQ.jpg

Tower of Guns (IndieCade - PC)
  • Roguelike FPS with power ups, weapons, perks, and a map pool that links stuff together
  • Neat concept and enjoyable, needs work

Spark (Xbox One)
  • Has 2.5D platformed aspect. Flying (Ring game). Dual stick shooter. Creation game inside a creation game. Brawler/action. Everything in the video you can do.
  • Sharing can be done in game, or queued to Xbox download from a website. Size limit is by value, you can build a super long path for example.
  • Levels can be linked
  • F2P, DLC for money
  • There's potential here, but I'd like to see them make a game around it before release.

Saint's row IV (Xbox 360)
  • Demo I played didn't have super powers. Looks like more SR.
  • Current gen is so terrible

HySlDAc.jpg

Transistor (Supergiant Games) (PS4)
  • Beautiful art and animation
  • V.A.T.S. like combat system. Also integrated into puzzle solving.
  • While in 'VATS' enemies are slow and you move super speed
  • Combat is quick!
  • Amazing narration and attention to detail
  • Oozed soul and polish

Oculus Rift (EVE VR)
  • Shit is amazing. BELIEVE.

Witcher 3
oNmA4A2.png

One question which hasn't been answered yet as far as I know: What is the rendering resolution of Battlefield 4 on nextgen consoles?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Do you know what monitor/TVs these are? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RkaNUcQwXSo

You got a chance to play Bayo 2, how were the foot whips? How does the game feel and look ? Was it still sharp and responsive? Dodge offset is back?
I was passing by Bayo 2, didn't want to wait since all stations had 4 people in line.
And I'm not buying a Wii U
I'll see if I can glean any information off the TV setup.
Gemüsepizza;62857556 said:
One question which hasn't been answered yet as far as I know: What is the rendering resolution of Battlefield 4 on nextgen consoles?
I'll ask a few of them. There's a ton of DICE people.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Bump for the morning.

Questions for Destiny:
Does it get faster?
Any way to mitigate damage on reaction? Dodging, shields, an ability?
How open or controlled are combat environments? Halo levels? Open Halo levels?
How do you travel between zones or areas? Only Bikes?
In Halo, encounters are usually built around The 30 Seconds with mostly set weapons. How do they work around that? (Light, Special, Heavy guns)
There seemed to be crafting (or using resources to unlock) in the Demo, how much horizontal or vertical progression is there?
In Borderlands the loot Randomization was based off a quality/parts system (Barrel 1-7, Style, Manufacturer). How does the randomization of loot/guns work in Destiny?

Oh, god...um...

• Is shooting from the hip as accurate as aiming down the sights? What steps has Bungie taken, or will take, to ensure that those players who were drawn to Halo because of its lack of ADS can still have fun here?
  • Visual feedback seemed to be lacking compared to the Halo games. It's one of the great things that made Halo enemies so much fun to fight against. Is this deficiency there because the game isn't done or is that part of your new philosophy?
  • How is the audio feedback in this game?
  • We saw a hint of vehicle use in the demo. If you can, what roles will vehicles play in Destiny? Will there be vehicular fights? How often will we have access to vehicles? Are there any flying vehicles?
  • Will they sometimes fight each other? What's the interaction like between the AI?
  • The core combat design philosophy of the Halo games was the "30 seconds of fun." Is that philosophy back in Destiny, or is there something else? What is the core combat design philosophy of Destiny?
  • What role does the Last City play in Destiny? Is it a meetup area of sorts? A place where players can rest and recharge? Is it a playable area?
  • What's the approach to the level design? Are there certain areas that you can only go through with a small number of people?
  • How do you balance the numerous abilities each player will have in the sandbox and how many players there are?
  • I didn't notice any discernible health system for the player. Does the player have personal shields? Is it armor that can degrade over time? What's the health system like for the player?

That's all I can think of within the context of the demo.

PFD

Is the footage from Witcher 3 using the new renderer or the old one? They promised they'd be implementing a new renderer, but it looked pretty similar to Witcher 2 graphics-wise.

Thanks

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
More questions please!
Is the footage from Witcher 3 using the new renderer or the old one? They promised they'd be implementing a new renderer, but it looked pretty similar to Witcher 2 graphics-wise.

Thanks
This will be harder since they don't have a booth, but I'll see what I can do.

Miles X

There's been some confusion over KI, turns out it will have a full copy but they've said it's digital. Can you find out if a retail copy is planned?

Much appreciated!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'd like somebody to ask Sega what the hell they're doing with localizations. PSO2 is seemingly completely dead for whatever reason and its looking less and less likely that Yakuza 5 is coming over.

I noticed in Titanfall that some players started the match with Titans while the player had to wait 2 minutes for his to be ready to drop. I know there are ways to shorten the wait for the drop, but is there a game mechanic that allows players to start the round immediately with a Titan?

Neiteio

Please ask Nintendo if single-player Vs. (where you can pick a single course, and play against the computer, using items) is in Mario Kart 8. Thanks!

besada

Banned
Is Spark available?

If so, how many different types of games can be made with it? Just shooters or brawlers, or is there a more complex game engine. What's the size limit on play fields? How does sharing work with it?

The Order: 1886 -

Generally more details. Is it just a shooter or does it have other game play elements?

Tizoc

If possible could you meet a SEGA rep. and ask them if Yakuza 5 and 1+2 HD will get an English release?

If nintendo even answers questions(yeah right), Wind Waker, new dungeons/readdition of cut dungeons in the offing?
Does Mario Kart 8 look as good in person as people are saying?
Are nintendo working in any way on Sonic Lost World (specifically Yasuhara)

Thanks for any answers.

Liamario

Banned
Whoever you speak to in relation to next-gen games; can you ask about resolution and frame rate.
These questions particularly interest me in relation to BF3 and Infamous.

PS. Can you find out about how KZ shadow plays in terms of weight and responsiveness.

Please ask Nintendo if single-player Vs. (where you can pick a single course, and play against the computer, using items) is in Mario Kart 8. Thanks!

On that note, I'd like to know if free-for-all battle mode has returned. Battle mode being team based in Mario Kart Wii really dashed the long-term replay for my gaming group.

Thanks

I am not sure about which specific footage you are speaking of but from the presentation my team were shown. it certainly had a noticeably different look, especially when talking about lighting and finite details.

Personally, I have incredible faith in the CD Projekt RED and believe it will be a winner.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sega says they'll announce things when they are ready too.

2 hour lines for Titanfall and Destiny. :/
Wasn't able to skip those.

Is game sharing back for PS4?

This was great for families or owners of multiple consoles with multiple accounts for PS3. You can buy digital content once and share the content among the consoles that you own (or abuse the system with friends as some chose to do).

Can you log into multiple accounts at the same time on a single PS4?

This was not possible on PS3 but possible on Xbox 360 (e.g. two accounts logged in playing a co-op game and both getting trophies, able to use voice chat, etc.).

ReaperXL7

I have a question for the disney infinity guys.

My question is Why have they seemingly left out all of the more female oriented properties for the game that we know so far? My daughter and wife are really interested in the game, but so far it seems like Disney is ignoring the female portion of their fanbase for this game.

No Sleeping beauty, No Beauty and the beast, no Brave, no Tangled, no real princess love at all outside of a few items here and there, do they have plans to include any of that for the game?

JoshHood

This definitely won't be reported anywhere, so I ask here in hope!

CoD: Ghosts: with it running on a new/reworked engine, will there still be split-screen multiplayer? Specifically, split-screen + online like in the last few games?

Can you ask Nintendo specifically the resolution of Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, and DKC Tropical Freeze? Smash was confirmed to be 1080p.

Also, can you ask Ubisoft if the Wii U version of Watch Dogs will be closer to the PS4 and Xbone versions than the PS360 versions. Also ask who's behind the PS360 versions.

Ask Ubisoft who's behind the Wii U version of AssCreed 4 as well.

If you by chance get ahold of Namco Bandai, ask if we could see a Tales on 3DS (3DS is NEVER mentioned by Baba), and ask if 3DS will get a new Dragon Ball fighting game after Dragon Ball Heroes Ultimate Mission on 3DS did so extremely well in Japan. Budokai 3DS Namco Bandai, doooooo eeeet! :D

OH, biggie; ask Microsoft if they're still okay with their IPs being on Nintendo handhelds. This is never addressed and we haven't seen any since Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow on DS.

Thanks. :)

Edit: And ask Sega is they are making more retail 3DS games from Japan aside from Sonic and Miku, like RPGs or something.

And ask MarvelousAQL where is Dragon Marked For Death for 3DS!!! :(

Edit 2: Oh, and ask Ubisoft if they would consider Wii U versions of The Crew, The Division, and Trials Fusion, especially if Wii U does take off.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is game sharing back for PS4?

This was great for families or owners of multiple consoles with multiple accounts for PS3. You can buy digital content once and share the content among the consoles that you own (or abuse the system with friends as some chose to do).

Can you log into multiple accounts at the same time on a single PS4?

This was not possible on PS3 but possible on Xbox 360 (e.g. two accounts logged in playing a co-op game and both getting trophies, able to use voice chat, etc.).
Scott Rhodes talked about both those issues in his Giantbomb interview.

1. They're not ready to talk about the DRM for their digitally distributed games.
2. You can log in four people, each on their own account, and they all get trophies.

Top Bottom