• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie on Destiny: Clans, rich SP narrative, will look just like E3 demo on PS4, etc

Visual fidelity on PS4
I’m really excited for ‘destiny’ just one question: Is the game running on PS4? I gots to know please!

What we took to E3 were our super-secret dev kits. Those are the hardware tools we’re using to make the game. If you thought that looked pretty, you can totally expect that level of polish on your PS4. The great thing about our new engine is that it lets us squeeze every bit of awesome out of every platform.

On competitive multiplayer
Are there any competitive multiplayer modes in “Destiny”? I own all the Bungie developed Halo games and ever since I moved over to Playstation I wanted a Bungie multiplayer game on a Playstation console. I’d love it if you guys had competitive multiplayer modes similar to Halo 1, 2 and 3 for “Destiny”

One of things that we love to say about Destiny is that is has activities for your every mood. Competitive multiplayer will absolutely be one of them. Like you, I was a digital warrior in all the Halo games. It’s why I have my job. I’m loving the way multiplayer is shaping up in Destiny. Joining a Fireteam to reconquer our solar system with your friends will be fun, but so will battling your fellow Guardians for glory.

On clans
My most anticipated game pf E3 i really like what i saw, My question is how deep is the clan system and the social feature in Destiny?

The game is built from the ground up to be more fun when you play it with your friends. Destiny places a deep emphasis on the social aspects of playing an online multuplayer game. While I can’t confirm clan support or the existence of clans at this time, I can tell you that I’ll be playing this game with a clan that I started on Bungie.net back in Halo 2. If you need real estate to start your own clubhouse and recruit people to join your Fireteams, you can start your own private group on our site.

On single player
Not really interested in this game…but it may awaken my interest…I only want to know one thing:…Will Destiny have a decent SP experience?…by decent I mean a well-crafted and long SP experience?….thanks.

If by SP you mean Single Player, I can tell you that Destiny will revolve around a rich narrative that is deeper than any story we’ve ever told. While this world will be populated by other players, there is nothing stopping you from charging through and crafting your own adventure unaided by other gamers – although you may find yourself wishing for an ally or two when the Fallen drop a Devil Walker packed with sweet loot in your path.

On the E3 demo:
Our E3 demo was just a sliver of this game. One of the things we wanted to share in our first introduction to Destiny was the shared experiences that will bring different Fireteams together to kick lots of ass. There is so much more about this game that we can’t wait to reveal. Those bombs will drop another time.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/03/destiny-e3-hd-gameplay-revealed/#comments

FACE

Banned
"What we took to E3 were our super-secret dev kits."

So the game was running on a high-end PC.

harSon

Banned
By competive mutliplayer, do they mean traditional FPS multiplayer? Because that's all I care about to be perfectly honest.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
If he doesn't mean devkit then Yoshida lied, didn't he? Didn't he say everything past a certain point was running on PS4 hardware? (A devkit with the same GPU to me is still considered PS4 hardware.)

RoKKeR

By competive mutliplayer, do they mean traditional FPS multiplayer? Because that's all I care about to be perfectly honest.

Yes, absolutely. They've stated time and time again that this will of course be a large aspect of Destiny.

I'm really interested to see how it plays out now, especially since Destiny is such a personalized and customizable game. (loot drop weapons/upgrades, etc.) I wouldn't be surprised if MP was almost 'arena' style with preset loadouts, weapon drops, etc. very Halo like. Which, of course, I'd be perfectly fine with.

Amir0x

Banned
I can't wait to fucking play this. Halo burned me out and at first I was skeptical, but the gameplay demo at E3 really changed my mind. We're going to hook up so many GAFers to, like, learn all the mysteries of the TRAVELER and shit

I know I'm probably in the minority but everytime I see Destiny news, I hope they mention split-screen coop. It's kind of a deal maker here.

darthbob

I saw competitive multiplayer, got happy, then realized this game has ADS.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that was a stipulation by their publisher.

Who knows though? If ADS only applies to weapons with scopes, I don't see the issue. It'll probably still feel like Halo to some extent, perhaps even feel like Borderlands.

I'm surprised anyone ever doubted that BUNGIE of all companies would have competitive multiplayer lol. They probably couldn't help themselves on that front.

RoKKeR

I can't wait to fucking play this. Halo burned me out and at first I was skeptical, but the gameplay demo at E3 really changed my mind. We're going to hook up so many GAFers to, like, learn all the mysteries of the TRAVELER and shit
Pretty much sums up my feelings. The GAF presence in Destiny will be fantastic.

Destiny will have competitive multiplayer? I guess given that this is Bungie after all, it'd be fairly obvious, but I guess I didn't think about it.

But that's a plus in my book.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
They beter make destiny multi with default gear and skill multiplier to keep it balanced.
Do it like Guild Wars 2. Have an open world kind of PVP system and a competitive PVP system.

In the first one you can bring your singleplayer stuff and in the second system you have balanced equipment and no one is overpowered due to the amount of time they invested. The only factor is your load out that anyone can choose and your individual skill and knowledge you've accumulated.

i-Lo

What I'm intrigued about is how they're planning on integrating the PvP because I thought that would organically develop with the story as more fractures in opinions form during the reclamation process. I wonder if it will be a separate mode altogether.

It's a dev kit. A dev kit is used to allow developers to develop games for the console the kit represents. The prime differentiator between the kit and the console has been the amount of RAM in the throughout history.

Can you comprehend?

Probably one of my most anticipated games on PS4 and I really didnt think a lot of the Halo series. I really liked what they showed at E3 and the world looks promising.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Gaffers and my friends from college I played Halo with all the time will makethis game so fucking awesome.

i-Lo

Am I right in assuming that like titanfall this game also fuses SP with MP?

Gaffers and my friends from college I played Halo with all the time will makethis game so fucking awesome.

If I'm alive and able, then we ought to join a group. It'd be good to play something together instead of just having you on the list. Hopefully, you'll get Division (if it's good) in due time.

i-Lo

Titanfall's MP only, unfortunately.

I'm a bit confused (actually the game as a whole confuses me primarily because I have never played a single MMO). Is the world going to be structured like Dark Souls where you can either go alone from point A to point B facing whatever completely unaided and do the same thing again (A -> B) as a party of 4 (assuming that number of enemies/difficulty with scale alongside)?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Am I right in assuming that like titanfall this game also fuses SP with MP?

If I'm alive and able, then we ought to join a group. It'd be good to play something together instead of just having you on the list. Hopefully, you'll get Division (if it's good) in due time.
I'm in. You're one of the many people I have on my list that I like from GAF but have never actually played with.

SP and co-op in Destiny are like Borderlands. Playable solo but people can drop in and drop out whenever. Rewards and difficulty scale with number of players.

nib95

Banned

I think "dev kits" mean "dev kits"...Shame Microsoft has sort of re-defined what a dev kit actually is these days.

nib95

Banned
Game looks really good, especially for an open world kind of game. Low quality video capture.

zW6Ayye.jpg

I love MP gaming, but... My biggest concern is that all this focus on MP being the story experience will go to shit because most people in an MP game do not cooperate.

I mentioned it in another thread, remember how awesome Brink was? How about a entire next gen of Brink and no one PTFO.

Top Bottom