• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Champions Bundle DLC announced

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just announced on the RTX stream. You can watch the archive of the presentation and the map demos here. Comes out August 20th, 800mspts for everything below, but you can buy stuff individually too. Details forthcoming.

Halo%204%20Champions%20Bundle%20Screenshot%20Ricochet%20-%20Sweetness.jpg

The Champions Bundle (800 mspts):
  • The Bullseye Pack
  • Infinity Armor Pack
  • Steel Skin Pack
  • Bundle-only bonus content
    • New Armor Skins
    • New Stances
    • New Weapon Skins

The Bullseye Pack (480 mspts):
  • Map: Pitfall (The Pit remake)
  • Map: Vertigo (Made by Certain Affinity)
  • Sports-themed Spartan Armor
  • Gametype: Ricochet (will become free to everyone in matchmaking after 2 weeks)
    • 5v5
    • Fight for ball at the start, have to throw or run it into opponent's goal zone to score it in the opponent's goal
    • Goals stay the same for both teams, but the ball spawn changes

Infinity Armor Pack (240 mspts):
  • Prefect
  • Mark V
  • ODST

Steel Skin Pack (240 mspts):
  • Steampunk skins for all loadout weapons (UNSC, Covenant, Forerunner)

Source, courtesy of Hypertrooper.

RoKKeR

Wow, awesome.

No Guardian remake though, and I'll be in college away from my 360 when it comes out. =/

Do I get this with the season pass? This might be the push I need to finally get back to Halo 4 MP (haven't played since 2 weeks after launch).

Also how was the balance update received?

clav

Charge new options.

That will sure bring players back to Halo 4.

-__-

Turn back on friendly fire for all gametypes, and then maybe I will take a look.

BETRAYAL

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't get this with my season pass? Wowwwwwwww.

Who would buy this? DLC already doesn't show up in MM.

Woorloog

Banned
A horrible* map, an unknown map, some skins and armor? Meh, not interested. First non-Halo Wars Halo DLC i won't be getting.

*Well, not really horrible, objectively speaking, but not one i like at all. Only good in Reach MLG, anywhere else i hate it.

VeeP

Now all they need to do is import the rest of the Halo 3 maps, turn friendly fire back on and make vehicles not suck.

Just curious, have you played Halo 4 recently? They've made a lot of improvements to the game. Check it out.

As for new maps, I bought the War Games Season Pack and still haven't played on all the new maps yet. It seems like no one has them.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
$10 for two maps? Really?

This guy gets it. And do you know where you'll be able to play those new maps? In one playlist with 200 players peak. Otherwise, you can count on playin the same 5 Halo 4 maps over and over and over

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Edited OP, tried to make things clearer, but they honestly punched through it very quick and I didn't have time for screencaps because I was typing.

Arkos

As for new maps, I bought the War Games Season Pack and still haven't played on all the new maps yet. It seems like no one has them.

I want to rent a plane and write this in the sky. Halo 4 has 20+ maps and I play the SAME 5 FREAKING ONES OVER AND OVER.

I wish they would reduce the price of older maps (or make them free) so that there would be more people playing them.

I would love some more Pit gaming goodness.

RoKKeR

Really? For two maps (only one of which you know will probably be good) and some skins? Pfft.

I'm glad I never liked the Pit the way some people did. What a lame deal

Eh, I'm an armor whore so Mark V being thrown in is a good deal.

Wont be home to play though so I guess I'm skipping on this. What's worse is by the time I am home to play the PS4 will be out and my 360 will be collecting dust.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Huh, I always get DLC in matchmaking... I swear I play Shatter 10 times a day.

i used too get dlc maps, especially in BTB like you mention... but now its nothing but settler. fuck that map.

also, cant get the stream to load for some reason :(

Ominym

Banned
343i is one of the most crude studios I've followed. Ten dollars for two maps and some skins? Really? And it isn't even included in the season pass for people?

Hell, not to mention 343i barely makes anything as is. Certain Affinity might as well be making Halo games now that they do most of the work anyway.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
343i is one of the most crude studios I've followed. Ten dollars for two maps and some skins? Really? And it isn't even included in the season pass for people?

Hell, not to mention 343i barely makes anything as is. Certain Affinity might as well be making Halo games now that they do most of the work anyway.

$10 for two maps, skins, multiple armor sets. Sounds alright to me. Also RE: season pass, I'd be right with you if 343 didn't say exactly what we get with it before launch, and we still bought it. Nothing on them there really.

Ominym

Banned
$10 for two maps, skins, multiple armor sets. Sounds alright to me. Also RE: season pass, I'd be right with you if 343 didn't say exactly what we get with it before launch, and we still bought it. Nothing on them there really.

They really couldn't throw people a bone after the whole, "whoops we made the first batch of maps free for everyone on acciden.... I mean 14 day trial!"

Or, you know. If they went the Bungie route and offered the map packs for free after some time. I suppose I'm just spurned because it seems like 343i just goes for the cash grab when ever they can.

Blueblur1

More maps, armor and skins are not what this game needs. But hey, I hope it ends up being worth it for the 50,000 or so people that still play.

Any pictures of the maps? The YouTube RTX stream is only showing a close up of the guy playing....

Edit: Never mind, switched to Twitch stream.

It used to be 3 maps for 800 points, didnt it? 2 maps is really lame. And the skin nonsense is pointless.

Well it doesnt matter anyway. Not that I was ever buying it even if it did have 3 maps. I have seen how the H4 DLC pans out. Current DLC playlist had 50 people in it last I was on. And I have seen how often I got to play DLC in Reach. I would much rather pay for something I can play for more than 1 week.

I do wonder how many copies it will sell, its terrible value as it is and there arent really too many people playing the game.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
They really couldn't throw people a bone after the whole, "whoops we made the first batch of maps free for everyone on acciden.... I mean 14 day trial!"

Or, you know. If they went the Bungie route and offered the map packs for free after some time. I suppose I'm just spurned because it seems like 343i just goes for the cash grab when ever they can.

I get ya, but the Reach maps never went free did they? It'd be nice for timed maps again like Halo 3/2 days, but that is long past.

RoKKeR

Damnit, PIt looks awesome. Definitely a case of 'too little too late' as I've lost interest in Halo 4 long ago, but maybe if I'm feeling bored sometime over Thanksgiving break I might give this a shot.

EvB

Great another set of maps I'll never get to play because nobody bought them! YAY!

Seriously they need to give the old ones away or reduce them to like 50MSP or something

That Prefect Armour looks badass though.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
OP may want to be updated. If you just want the maps + game mode it's $6 not 10.

map pack with mode some bonus content is only six bucks. Not ten. Ten is everything for the lazy.

TU adds new code changes to answer that question. Ricochet goes into general matchmaking for everyone after two weeks and is tied to pitfall for first two weeks. Make sense?

The “Halo 4” Champions bundle — the fourth major expansion in the “Halo” Infinity Multiplayer1 experience —launches on Aug. 20 for 800 Microsoft Points2 on Xbox Live1. Developed by 343 Industries in collaboration with Certain Affinity, the Champions Bundle delivers three DLC packs (Steel Skin Pack, Bullseye Pack and Infinity Armor Pack) and bonus content, which includes more than 18 new, in-game items that are exclusive to the bundle for a limited time.

Each of the three DLC packs in the Champions bundle will also be available as standalone purchases on launch day. The Bullseye Pack will be available for 480 MS Points2 and the Infinity Armor Pack and Steel Skin Pack will be available for 240 MS Points2 each. The bonus content is only available for a limited time exclusively through the bundle.

Bullseye Pack: Two new multiplayer maps, a sports-themed Spartan armor and a new competitive gravball game type called Ricochet

Infinity Armor Pack: Set your Spartan up with impressive and legendary new armor

Steel Skin Pack: Bring an elaborate steampunk style to your UNSC, Covenant, and Forerunner weapons

To learn all about the “Halo 4” Champions bundle, including a detailed breakdown of what each DLC pack includes, please visit Halo Waypoint.
http://news.xbox.com/2013/07/games-halo-4-champions-bundle

So 480MSP for 2 Maps. Or 800MSP for the whole pack.

Arkos

Eh, I'm an armor whore so Mark V being thrown in is a good deal.

Wont be home to play though so I guess I'm skipping on this. What's worse is by the time I am home to play the PS4 will be out and my 360 will be collecting dust.

You know what sucks? I'm an armor whore too. Halo 4 has all the cool armor behind such a high play wall (get it?) that I still don't have any of the stuff I really want. Can you imagine (bear with me-- try not to get freaked out) a game where awesome armor combos were unlocked from the start? God forbid

http://news.xbox.com/2013/07/games-halo-4-champions-bundle

So 480MSP for 2 Maps. Or 800MSP for the whole pack.

Thanks for posting. Still a rip.

RoKKeR

You know what sucks? I'm an armor whore too. Halo 4 has all the cool armor behind such a high play wall (get it?) that I still don't have any of the stuff I really want. Can you imagine (bear with me-- try not to get freaked out) a game where awesome armor combos were unlocked from the start? God forbid
Agreed, the ridiculous grind in Halo 4 was one of the reasons why I stopped playing. Halo 3 managed to make things fun and long lasting without a disgusting progress bar system.

And holy shit at these fan questions: "Hey so uhh...are you guys gonna bring
back Cortana
because emotion and stuff."

Top Bottom