• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Champions Bundle DLC announced

FyreWulff

Remakes should always be free and adding new biped data while not fixing the broken bipeds the game already has is hilarious. I'll pass just from the microtransaction bullshit alone.

Fix Forge first so your fans can actually properly use advertised features instead of kinda almost re-implementing Assault but not quite.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I love how they price it at 480 points, effectively forcing you to spend ten bucks on points in order to get the maps. What a goddamn joke.
Not sure if this is a Canada-only thing (I assume not), but I can buy points in 500 mspts amounts via my console/Xbox.com. I think they only allow you to buy them digitally in multiples of 500 mspts.

Bluth54

Halo 4 (infinity anything) blows chunks. But 2 maps for 6 bucks is not a rip.

Paying any amount of money for maps is a rip. The only time I'm ever willing to pay extra for maps is when they have a deep, deep discount on a Steam sale.

Valve just announced yesterday on the TF2 blog that Team Fortress 2 would be getting at least 2 more maps in the next major update, and of course like every other extra map those wont cost a dime to anyone who plays the game.

Charging for maps splits the online community. Maps and modes should be free. I just wish more companies would realize it and follow Valve's model.

Omni

I honestly would have bitten at this map pack...

4 months ago.

Oh well I guess. I'll just hold out for a pit remake in Halo 5 (along with Waterworks instead of a gulch variant)

JDHarbs

I've played forge remakes of The Pit w/ Halo 4's gameplay. They didn't go well. I'm excited to have The Pit back, but I just don't see it working. Might have to stick to custom games.

Lima

I love how they price it at 480 points, effectively forcing you to spend ten bucks on points in order to get the maps. What a goddamn joke.

Don't worry. By the time this comes out, the final dashboard with real money currency already dropped. This price is probably placeholder and was decided before they knew that the pack was coming out after the dash.

you made two crazy exaggerations in one post.

Last I checked, there are less people playing the current DLC playlist than I can find in one single game of BF3 on the PC.

So no, he did not make an crazy exaggeration. You buy this, you will be lucky if you see the maps again after a couple of weeks. They should offer incentives like heavily discounted/free dlc to keep the current players and bring more people in. Not divide the (already) miniscule userbase even further.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Odd as I thought the special edition was one of the few worth the money being that it came with 3 map packs. Actual physical goods though, I can kind of agree. Then again it's more akin to the Heroic editions of other Halo games, not the Legendary editions.

Fair enough on the physical aspect. Still a letdown. I feel like I got my metal versions of 2 and 3 and Reach for about the same price as my totally shitty Halo 4 box tho? Maybe I'm misremembering. And the free DLC with the special edition? It's not in any playlists!!!!!

Well out of the 19 maps, at least 12 are only Big Team Battle Maps/6v6 Objective.
There are only 7 base maps suitable for 5v5 and under.
So that makes sense if you don't play BTB/Team Objective.

But it's not!! BTB is one of my favorite playlists, my go-to casual playlist, and it had the worst map rotation of all I think.

BTB consists of:

Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Did I mention Ragnarok?
Meltdown
Vortex
Wreckage
Complex

I could list a few more but it would be disingenuous, because we all know it's Ragnarok and Complex and a couple others for the win. Which makes BTB, with the largest map selection of all, actually one of the most boringly repetitive playlists.

RoKKeR

BTB consists of:

Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Did I mention Ragnarok?
Meltdown
Vortex
Wreckage
Complex

I could list a few more but it would be disingenuous, because we all know it's Ragnarok and Complex and a couple others for the win. Which makes BTB, with the largest map selection of all, actually one of the most boringly repetitive playlists.
You forgot an extra Ragnarok at the end there.

Caayn

Okay, 343i give me one good reason as to why I want to play Halo 4 again? Have you finally figured out what Halo meant? Why do we need to pay for armor that was in the previous games? What's next we need to pay for gametypes?

This will be the first Halo DLC that I will not buy. I wouldn't even have downloaded the Castle map pack if it didn't came bundled with the "Season pass".

Caayn

Is this free for season pass peeps?
No the Season pass is only valid for the Crimson, Majestic, and Castle packs.
Remakes should always be free and adding new biped data while not fixing the broken bipeds the game already has is hilarious. I'll pass just from the microtransaction bullshit alone.

Fix Forge first so your fans can actually properly use advertised features instead of kinda almost re-implementing Assault but not quite.
If they did that they would actually be listening. [sarcasm]They can't let us get the feeling that they want to make up for their mistakes.[/sarcasm]

we finally get mark v?

too little too late

Man i dont get this. People who take shit like this personally. No one complains when cod or bf3 lauches map packs months or years after the games launch, but when Halo does it, if its not done right away, the fan base takes it all personal. Whats wrong with you people...

Man i dont get this. People who take shit like this personally. No one complains when cod or bf3 lauches map packs months or years after the games launch, but when Halo does it, if its not done right away, the fan base takes it all personal. Whats wrong with you people...
I'm pretty sure you missed the point. Mark V has been in every single halo game. It wasn't in base Halo 4, and instead we got a mass of hideous helmets. Now, over six months after the game has launched and the peak players per day has dwindled to 26k 343 releases a pack with stuff that should have been in the game to begin with. It's too late. People have moved on.

I'm pretty sure you missed the point. Mark V has been in every single halo game. It wasn't in base Halo 4, and instead we got a mass of hideous helmets. Now, over six months after the game has launched and the peak players per day has dwindled to 26k 343 releases a pack with stuff that should have been in the game to begin with. It's too late. People have moved on.

Its their real first game as a studio. People need to chill out.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
At this point they really need to just lift 8-10 Halo 3 and below maps wholesale and dump them in 4.

Release them all for $10 and make all previous map packs free.

Halo 4 is alive again.

At this point they really need to just lift 8-10 Halo 3 and below maps wholesale and dump them in 4.

Halo 4 is alive again.

Or do ur best with what u got now and keep that shit for 5 and totally redeem yourself.

Caayn

Halo 4 is alive again.
The gameplay of Halo 4 still sucks. Great maps can't change that.

Its their real first game as a studio. People need to chill out.
A studio full of industry veterans. A study that had the financial backing of MS. A studio with over 10 years of games to look at. There's no excuse for what 343i has done.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Or do ur best with what u got now and keep that shit for 5 and totally redeem yourself.

Getting people excited about Halo again would help build hype for 5.

As it is they are going to be making promises about changes they could quite easily have done with this game.

They are in danger of rolling around to Halo 5 and a lot of these' we fixed x, x, x!' will fall on deaf ears as it should have been done in 4.

Gui_PT

Guys 343i is a company with hundreds of talented, professional people that have worked on many games already but this is their first go at it together

Please understand they didn't realize not including Mark V armor was a bad idea

Isn't this content mostly outsourced again though?

I have no idea. All i know is that theyve realised they made mistakes (have come out and acknowledged it) and still try hard to support the game even though the player count has dropped. Things should have gone better no doubt, but they are what they are. There is no point in doing what ifs. Reality is the game is still being supported. Im not gonna bitch about something like that.

Gametype: Ricochet (will become free to everyone in matchmaking after 2 weeks)
  • 5v5
  • Fight for ball at the start, have to throw or run it into opponent's goal zone to score it in the opponent's goal
  • Goals stay the same for both teams, but the ball spawn changes

Halo 4 is Half-Life 3 confirmed?

G17

Bought the limited edition, played till sr 130, and the season pass for Halo 4 has to be one of the worst multiplayer season passes I've ever bought. With this pack not being included into the season pass, I am definitely not getting it.

Infinity Slayer is mostly forge+Haven/Adrift now anyways.

wwm0nkey

I have no idea. All i know is that theyve realised they made mistakes (have come out and acknowledged it) and still try hard to support the game even though the player count has dropped. Things should have gone better no doubt, but they are what they are. There is no point in doing what ifs. Reality is the game is still being supported. Im not gonna bitch about something like that.

While I do not disagree on them making a lot of good changes I just can not buy or support this content. I am sure it will be great for those who do and I hope you all get your monies worth but I just can not support or being to try to support Halo 4 anymore, its a lot of too little to late right now and they will really have to show me with Halo 5 that they learned those mistakes. I love the guys at 343, they are all really great people and I've talked to some of them and wish them all the best but its going to take a lot with Halo 5 to pull me back in and even convince me to get a Xbox One.

"A lot" for me actually means less when it comes to Halo, I don't want any Ordnance Drops, loadouts or AA's if you are going to do that stuff keep it to the casual side of matchmaking and have a ranked/competitive side at the start of the game as well and bring the game back to its roots and add back the old ELO matching system. Also while 60FPS and Dedicated servers are nice, those can't fix gameplay design so I really hope 343 can do good to Halo with Halo 5.

I could also go on a rant about the story (mostly Spartan Ops and Palmer) but I feel like I've typed enough.

First thing was yes Pit remake or improved halo 3 for steam.
Then it settled in its for halo 4 then i though sprint and jetpack i cried a little :(

o_O

Game has barely been out for 6 months. You dont get credit for supporting a game thats half a year old where you are still trying to peddle DLC. Thats meeting the bare minimum. Even on a console, thats setting the bar low.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Gametype: Ricochet (will become free to everyone in matchmaking after 2 weeks)

5v5
Fight for ball at the start, have to throw or run it into opponent's goal zone to score it in the opponent's goal
Goals stay the same for both teams, but the ball spawn changes

What an absolutely broken excuse for an Assault gametype...

Players: Hey, why did you get rid of Assault? Bring it back.
343: No.
Players: Fine, we won't play your game.
343: Nononononono fine. We bring it back
Players: *crickets*
343: Here, it's totally Assault! But completely random and you can score instantly from halfway across the map!
Crickets: -_- We're so lonely.

Caayn

What an absolutely broken excuse for an Assault gametype...

Players: Hey, why did you get rid of Assault? Bring it back.
343: No.
Players: Fine, we won't play your game.
343: Nononononono fine. We bring it back
Players: *crickets*
343: Here, it's totally Assault! But completely random and you can score instantly from halfway across the map!
Crickets: -_- We're so lonely.
They've learned from the last time when they did the same with Fiesta. So instead of calling the mode assault, they called it Ricochet in the hope that people won't notice it.

The maps look good but this should have happened ages ago. This looks like the final cash in before a new console. The community support for halo 4 compared to previous halos is abysmal. Halo 4 has been a pretty big letdown.

Top Bottom