• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Champions Bundle DLC announced

So how is Halo 4 these days?

I played it a little when it launched and thought it didn't feel as "fun" as Halo 2 or 3. Like it was missing some of the ridiculousness that made those games hilarious.
Its more ridiculous than ever imho, but I think thats what some have a problem with, dunno. The only time I have a bad time in Halo 4 is when the spirits of lag seek to punish me.

What the hell kind of post is this shit?
An accurate one by the look of things.

Oh Baby! THE PIT IS BACK! And it even looks sexier than before!

1373140010-halo-4-champions-bundle-concept-pitfall-abandoned.jpg

1373139997-halo-4-champions-bundle-concept-pitfall-echoes.jpg

1373140000-halo-4-champions-bundle-concept-pitfall-exposed.jpg

1373140333-halo-4-champions-bundle-concept-pitfall-remnants.jpg

LETS DO THIS!

1373141162-halo-4-champions-bundle-screenshot-ricochet-athletic.jpg

Ken

i want to know what armor skins it comes with so i see if i can bypass some of the sillier armor unlock reqs

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Hopefully the matchmaking playlist is set up so it just alternates between maps. I have a feeling people will just vote for the pit every single time like ragnarok before they toned that down.

Striker

Really? You call it a rip-off? Previous map packs where 3 maps each for 800MSP. So 267MSP for a new Map. Or 533MSP for two maps. The Bullseye Map is cheaper compared to previous Halo map packs.
Three maps for 800 MSP is also awful. Even worse when a Firefight map got tied to it.

Look what they offered for Halo 2's DLC:

5 maps for $12
2 maps for $4 (CA's first map pack in Halo)
4 maps for $5 (Mt Dew sponsor download had two maps for free)

So yes, we've been getting ripped off. Thankfully I don't plan on getting any more of these 'deals' again, so oh well.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I'm in.

Been wanting to hop back in some multi. Have the season pass but haven't really played any of the new maps.

REV 09

The multi is much better now than it was at launch. The recent gameplay changes made it less of a long range DMR fest. You can actually use the other rifles now and move about the big maps.

Caayn

No new achievements it seems, no buy.
I'm glad that there are no achievements in this DLC. I would hate it if my 100% completion score across all Halo games would be messed up by this DLC.

Besides it's not like the DLC achievements thus far have been any good.

Spades

New achievements? That would be the only reason to pop this back in.

Turns out there are new achievements:

http://teambeyond.net/halo-4-bullseye-pack-achievements/#sthash.6lhiIP1x.dpbs

Protect this House (30)
In matchmaking, assassinate the ball carrier within five meters of your own goal in Ricochet.

Hat Trick (33)
In matchmaking, score three times in one round of Ricochet.

From Downtown (25)
In matchmaking, score by throwing the ball from 30 meters in Ricochet.

Repeat Survivor (25)
In matchmaking, survive three vehicle explosions in a row with the Survivor package.

Can’t Catch Me (20)
In matchmaking, score a goal in Ricochet while taking damage with the Resistor active.

Just a Scratch (20)
In matchmaking, recover full shields from low health with both Resistor and Recharge active.

Pitchin’ a Tent (40)
In matchmaking, effectively camp one location without dying for a full 60 seconds.

One Man Army (27)
In matchmaking, get 4 consecutive kills with the Rocket Launcher without dying.

Shocking (10)
In Bullseye DLC Matchmaking, activate both electrical surge systems during a match on Vertigo.

Got It! (20)
In Bullseye DLC Matchmaking, acquire the Rocket Launcher at the start of a match on Pitfall.

Lima

It's like 343 looked at the declining player numbers and said, "We can bring that lower."

This is most likely not a decision made by 343. Frankie said that there would be no new achievements when asked by a fan. MS knows that they can sell more DLC if it has achievements, so at the end it is a business decision.

Gui_PT

This is most likely not a decision made by 343. Frankie said that there would be no new achievements when asked by a fan. MS knows that they can sell more DLC if it has achievements, so at the end it is a business decision.

I highly doubt someone from Microsoft walked in with this list of achievements and forced them into the game.

Even if it wasn't 343's will to have achievements, they're the ones who came up with these ones.

Spades

Ricochet looks like it will be a great game type (especially if you have a solid team who all communicate) and so I'm glad that a lot of the achievements are based in Ricochet.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Finally I have a legitimate reason to camp!

you can spawn with a mini shotgun, which, dont forget was probably more powerful then the shut gun at launch. you dont need an achievement as a reason to camp, 343 has got you covered since the game came out

you can spawn with a mini shotgun, which, dont forget was probably more powerful then the shut gun at launch. you dont need an achievement as a reason to camp, 343 has got you covered since the game came out

Its still more powerful than any shotgun. Really stupid. In combination with lag, which is very common these days, you can only squeze in corner and cry your eyes out.

Or break console.

That's how 343 makes good MP game... Camping, lag and balance. Everything great!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Its still more powerful than any shotgun. Really stupid. In combination with lag, which is very common these days, you can only squeze in corner and cry your eyes out.

Or break console.

That's how 343 makes good MP game... Camping, lag and balance. Everything great!

gotta make it approachable for noobs. super AR, power weapons everywhere, boltshot, see through walls, instant respawn, track your killer, etc

Marvel

could never
Can't bring myself to play it again even with all the DLC... the game just doesn't feel right to me.

Gui_PT

But dat shit ain't legit, son.

Now camping for an achievement? Dat be legit all over.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Campers will still camp, people wanting the achievement will camp for a fraction of one match, people who don't care will continue to play normally. It's a non-issue.

"Please come play our game. PLEASE!! We'll give you an achievement for just standing around, for god's sake!"

- 343 Industries, 2013

Gui_PT

Campers will still camp, people wanting the achievement will camp for a fraction of one match, people who don't care will continue to play normally. It's a non-issue.

Obviously not the issue but it's a representation of how out of touch 343 folks are with their decisions.

People who don't care will continue playing, but they will get frustrated eventually.

Dozen of my friends stop playing because of campers and overpowered pointless weapons.

I mean, what the hell, half of people playing in parties are playing like this:

Hold one position, crouch and camp, kill everything that come near you, spawn ordinance drops, take the most powerful weapons, keep perimeter, dont go anywhere on the map - Win.

Also, people were complaining about BR, its now overpowered, everyone is using it, DMR is pointless now, and half of other guns...

Top Bottom