• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Champions Bundle DLC announced

You know what sucks? I'm an armor whore too. Halo 4 has all the cool armor behind such a high play wall (get it?) that I still don't have any of the stuff I really want. Can you imagine (bear with me-- try not to get freaked out) a game where awesome armor combos were unlocked from the start? God forbid

Thanks for posting. Still a rip.
Really? You call it a rip-off? Previous map packs where 3 maps each for 800MSP. So 267MSP for a new Map. Or 533MSP for two maps. The Bullseye Map is cheaper compared to previous Halo map packs.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
was hoping for a visual change to pittfall. i wasnt a fan of the looks of the original and while this obviously looks nicer, its still an ugly human base.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Really? You call it a rip-off? Previous map packs where 3 maps each for 800MSP. So 267MSP for a new Map. Or 533MSP for two maps. The Bullseye Map is cheaper compared to previous Halo map packs.

You're absolutely right, normally I'd jump on it, but the way 343 treats their playlists? If you buy this map pack you'll be lucky to get 1 game out of 10 on either of the maps, unless you're playing in the dedicated playlist, which has <200 players. New maps are always good, but this is a problem with Halo (and COD and all online MP games). New maps aren't worth shit if they aren't effectively worked in to an already diverse, dynamic play list.

Edit: again, this has been a problem with Halo and all online MP games with optional DLC for a while, Halo 4 just pushes it over the edge for me

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Cool. I'll get the new maps. I hope I can play them in Matchmaking without armor abilities.

Arkos

I see jetpack users as easier pickings. I'm sure they'll scale the map for sprint anyway so....

Oh good! Because versions of classic maps scaled and modified for contemporary gameplay have worked out so well (looks at Lockout, Hang Em High, etc)

The pit was probably my favourite Halo 3 map, but I don't think it will work in halo 4.
Halo isn't really an arena slayer game anymore, and the pit was designed with this in mind (map and weapon control). Halo 4, with its armour abilities and kill streaks, isn't really suited to this style of play.

Nutter

Halo 4 (infinity anything) blows chunks. But 2 maps for 6 bucks is not a rip.

Im sure the same people will enjoy paying 12 dollars for a 15 year old game on steam though.

Arkos

Nope. Confirmed during the panel.

Yet another reason not to buy it. Think of how often you play the DLC so far in normal playlists. Now think how much you'll get a mere 2 additional maps in matchmaking. Pathetic. What value I got for that season pass

(side note: I preordered my Halo 4 from Wal Mart and it shows up with a flimsy ass box that has been crushed in the mail. What the fuck. I've bought a few "special editions" before and Halo 4 is far and away, and I mean like by miles and miles, the absolute WORST special edition I've ever bought)

Arkos

Halo 4 (infinity anything) blows chunks. But 2 maps for 6 bucks is not a rip

It is a rip because you will literally never play them. Best case scenario you play them a handful of times each in a dedicated playlist and then never see them again

I want to rent a plane and write this in the sky. Halo 4 has 20+ maps and I play the SAME 5 FREAKING ONES OVER AND OVER.
Well out of the 19 maps, at least 12 are only Big Team Battle Maps/6v6 Objective.
There are only 7 base maps suitable for 5v5 and under.
So that makes sense if you don't play BTB/Team Objective.

The pit was probably my favourite Halo 3 map, but I don't think it will work in halo 4.
Halo isn't really an arena slayer game anymore, and the pit was designed with this in mind (map and weapon control). Halo 4, with its armour abilities and kill streaks, isn't really suited to this style of play.

Nailed it. It's just as Sprint killed Lockout.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm hyped for this. I actually got out of my seat and cheered for the Pit. Gonna be awesome.

New gametype has potential too.

Day 1 for sure

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yet another reason not to buy it. Think of how often you play the DLC so far in normal playlists. Now think how much you'll get a mere 2 additional maps in matchmaking. Pathetic. What value I got for that season pass

(side note: I preordered my Halo 4 from Wal Mart and it shows up with a flimsy ass box that has been crushed in the mail. What the fuck. I've bought a few "special editions" before and Halo 4 is far and away, and I mean like by miles and miles, the absolute WORST special edition I've ever bought)

Odd as I thought the special edition was one of the few worth the money being that it came with 3 map packs. Actual physical goods though, I can kind of agree. Then again it's more akin to the Heroic editions of other Halo games, not the Legendary editions.

$6 for the two maps is a solid deal, but then you run into the issue of no DLC in matchmaking, which kind of makes all DLC maps a waste.

Nutter

I wish they wouldn't ruin The Pit by sticking it in Halo 4's sandbox.

The non infinity sandbox is fine.

The game needed better play spaces. However they realized this a bit too late.

Slayer Pro is the best (fair) gametype in the game.

mhi

lol whose gonna buy this ? The active population has decreased and the i bet the percentage willing to spend more money within that population is even less.

D3VI0US

I was so disappointed with how bland most of the pack in maps and all the DLC maps in H4 have been that I probably won't buy this at all. I mean what a ripoff, they couldn't even do a 3rd map? I remember the last original map CA did for Halo Reach with Condemned and Highlands, both underwhelming.

They should gift this to everyone who bough the season pass just to get them back engaged and playing the game but they'd rather gouge us some more. If I do purchase the pack it's gonna have to be heavily discounted, like more than 50%, but by the time they actually do that I'll be playing next gen games probably. Too little too late.

TheOddOne

was vertigo shown?
Yeah, looks like Exile.
jVYgcUEZVGxlc.png

jba1ESBcjHClBo.png

jOh2OYU0dbZMl.png

jHUifmqTMYCAc.png

j9EwE8O9L2HDR.png

jblpeR8pnmUGEK.png

Ghazi

Really? For two maps (only one of which you know will probably be good) and some skins? Pfft.

I'm glad I never liked the Pit the way some people did. What a lame deal

Quite frankly, we already know that The Pit will be shit with just Jetpacks alone. So not even one.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks cool. also nice to see more interactivity in maps.

Izayoi

Banned
I love how they price it at 480 points, effectively forcing you to spend ten bucks on points in order to get the maps. What a goddamn joke.

Top Bottom