• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Champions Bundle DLC announced

FyreWulff

Its their real first game as a studio. People need to chill out.

Yet they go on bragging about how they hired only the best and brightest in the industry. They had the backing of Microsoft, the tech company with more money than God himself.

Are they a bunch of newbs or an experienced group? Can't have it both ways.

Yet they go on bragging about how they hired only the best and brightest in the industry. They had the backing of Microsoft, the tech company with more money than God himself.

Its like sports, you can have the best players but if theres no chemistry, it leads no where. Im not gonna crucify them after one game. You can do what u like.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just announced on the RTX stream. You can watch the archive of the presentation and the map demos here. Comes out August 20th, 800mspts for everything below, but you can buy stuff individually too. Details forthcoming.

Halo%204%20Champions%20Bundle%20Screenshot%20Ricochet%20-%20Sweetness.jpg

The Champions Bundle (800 mspts):
  • The Bullseye Pack
  • Infinity Armor Pack
  • Steel Skin Pack
  • Bundle-only bonus content
    • New Armor Skins
    • New Stances
    • New Weapon Skins

The Bullseye Pack (480 mspts):
  • Map: Pitfall (The Pit remake)
  • Map: Vertigo (Made by Certain Affinity)
  • Sports-themed Spartan Armor
  • Gametype: Ricochet (will become free to everyone in matchmaking after 2 weeks)
    • 5v5
    • Fight for ball at the start, have to throw or run it into opponent's goal zone to score it in the opponent's goal
    • Goals stay the same for both teams, but the ball spawn changes

Infinity Armor Pack (240 mspts):
  • Prefect
  • Mark V
  • ODST

Steel Skin Pack (240 mspts):
  • Steampunk skins for all loadout weapons (UNSC, Covenant, Forerunner)

Source, courtesy of Hypertrooper.
aot-nopevys4y.gif

soldat7

I wish they would reduce the price of older maps (or make them free) so that there would be more people playing them.

Map packs are a pointless waste of time and money. They rarely come up in matchmaking and when they do, its veto city. The Halo 2 model was the only model that made buying them worth it at all.

They managed to make The Pit look drab as fuck.

The original was far more drab.

The Ricochet gamemode sounds pretty cool. We kept trying to make a gametype just like that for custom games but could never get it to work.

I'll just wait for it to become free though. Not wasting money on this.

Omni

but.. the original ..looked....

Halo 4 hate logic overload. Amazing.
You know, I'm seeing responses like yours and I just don't understand. Now obviously no one here is arguing that The Pit was the most colourful map in Halo 3, or the best looking... or whatever else. But surely you can see the difference, no? If anything, Halo 4 is more 'drab' than Halo 3's version.

Hell, the whole game has the same damn muddy artsyle.

EvB

At least it doesn't look like a paintball arena anymore.

Anyway, those MLG douchebags love drab

Seance

Banned
At least it doesn't look like a paintball arena anymore.

Anyway, those MLG douchebags love drab
Is that why the most popular Halo on the circuit was 3 and the least popular being 4?

This shit is so weak. 343 need to make all DLC maps free and mandatory. Then after the gameplay is fixed will the population be salvaged.

lol This is why I avoid Halo 4 threads. The Pit has always looked boring from an artistic perspective.
Yeah, well, maybe they should've changed that? It honestly looks awful.

Note to 343/Microsoft: This is exactly the kind of DLC that should be FREE, especially at this point in time in the life of Halo 4 and the 360. You could actually bring people back into the fold and give a reason for new players to pick the game up. At the very least it'd be more reason to keep a Gold subscription.

The Pit remake looks bad, the new map looks bad, the Mark V and ODST armor look like hot shit and they add football armor.
Gud jub 343.

Conor 419

Banned
Worst entertainment announcement since Donkey Kong Wii U.

This is absolutely disastrous, why are incompetent Microsoft releasing the single map that could have rescued the entire game, in the fourth map pack, and not even on launch or with one of the more limited 'free' maps where it'd have made an impact.

Microsoft are the new Capcpom.

This is absolutely disastrous, why are incompetent Microsoft releasing the single map that could have rescued the entire game, in the fourth map pack, and not even on launch or with one of the more limited 'free' maps where it'd have made an impact.

Microsoft are the new Capcom.

I was wondering when you would pop your head in here.

Full of drama as always.

Omega

Banned

Microsoft are the new Capcpom.

lmao oh yeah, Pit sure is going to bring back 75k players

bidguy

Banned

i read something about the team being too big.
i guess that was a problem since development could have been a mess with so many creative minds trying to put something together.

So how is Halo 4 these days?

I played it a little when it launched and thought it didn't feel as "fun" as Halo 2 or 3. Like it was missing some of the ridiculousness that made those games hilarious.

So how is Halo 4 these days?

I played it a little when it launched and thought it didn't feel as "fun" as Halo 2 or 3. Like it was missing some of the ridiculousness that made those games hilarious.

It still has ridiculousness.... just without the fun part.

Ghazi

Maybe to season pass holders, but how would releasing free map pack make up for having the first map pack free due to error? If anything making it balanced would force those who got it for free to pay.

I fucked up there, you got me, I meant for Season Pass holders. I bought the LE for $100 at launch, this would've been a cool bonus.

Ramirez

You're so bitter, lol. I thought you quit Halo?

Just got to watch the panel.. Pitfall looks awesome, I particularly like how it looks almost exactly like the original Pit. Not sure how I feel about the changes, but they may make things play better with AAs and sprint. I'm pretty exited to play this (but its existence as DLC makes me said that Halo 5 likely wont have it).

While I like the interactivity of Vertigo, I'm not sure what I think of the layout.. it looks like a spiritual successor to Abandon. Also, while the map does look cool...whats with the reused assets from Exile? It just kinda stood out as weird to me.

So, only two maps? Meh.. I feel like for only two maps this DLC is not coming out nearly soon enough. It just feels like it needs a little something more. I do appreciate the pricing of this stuff though.

New armor is awesome, but wtf happened to MK. V? 343, please just use the Halo CEA armor.. keep it fun and retro looking, not all Halo 4 Spartan 4. ODST looks amazing though, and the other two are cool. Also, the weapon skins seem pretty fucking awesome. I wonder how difficult it was to get that to work for Halo 4..

I hope we see more mini DLC packs like this with maps in the future, but only if they come out at a decently accelerated schedule.

They managed to make The Pit look drab as fuck.

Because the The Pit looked so...exciting... in Halo 3? Uh..

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Just got to watch the panel.. Pitfall looks awesome, I particularly like how it looks almost exactly like the original Pit. Not sure how I feel about the changes, but they may make things play better with AAs and sprint. I'm pretty exited to play this (but its existence as DLC makes me said that Halo 5 likely wont have it).

While I like the interactivity of Vertigo, I'm not sure what I think of the layout.. it looks like a spiritual successor to Abandon. Also, while the map does look cool...whats with the reused assets from Exile? It just kinda stood out as weird to me.

So, only two maps? Meh.. I feel like for only two maps this DLC is not coming out nearly soon enough. It just feels like it needs a little something more. I do appreciate the pricing of this stuff though.

New armor is awesome, but wtf happened to MK. V? 343, please just use the Halo CEA armor.. keep it fun and retro looking, not all Halo 4 Spartan 4. ODST looks amazing though, and the other two are cool. Also, the weapon skins seem pretty fucking awesome. I wonder how difficult it was to get that to work for Halo 4..

I hope we see more mini DLC packs like this with maps in the future, but only if they come out at a decently accelerated schedule.

Because the The Pit looked so...exciting... in Halo 3? Uh..

YOU. I want to talk to YOU. How do you ever play the DLC maps? Custom games? They're never voted in matchmaking! Why do you care about new maps you'll never play? Are you cool with the tiny dedicated playlist? That goes away after the DLC becomes outdated, making it even harder to find??

Also... I'm glad you're excited for this

YOU. I want to talk to YOU. How do you ever play the DLC maps? Custom games? They're never voted in matchmaking! Why do you care about new maps you'll never play? Are you cool with the tiny dedicated playlist? That goes away after the DLC becomes outdated, making it even harder to find??

Also... I'm glad you're excited for this

I agree, DLC doesn't come up nearly enough.

However, I have been lucky and have run into it quite a bit in Doubles and other playlists. Still, I wish there was a "Match me with DLC players first" option that you can opt for.

Have you ever worked anywhere before? No matter how experienced people are, when you have over 340 people and counting joining a team, it takes a lot to create a singular product. I am sure the team is becoming more in-tune with what they want.

So, yes, you can have it both ways in two completely different senses.

Blueblur1

While I'm not going to pre-order Halo 5 (or purchase an Xbox One) any time in the foreseeable future, I do hope Halo 5 turns out to be a better game. And I really hope they do a better job with the Spartan armor. It's all too similar and there really isn't enough actual armor on the character models. Maybe they should put someone else in the art director position so simple models like those of the Spartan IVs become a thing of the past.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I agree, DLC doesn't come up nearly enough.

However, I have been lucky and have run into it quite a bit in Doubles and other playlists. Still, I wish there was a "Match me with DLC players first" option that you can opt for.

Ok making sure its not just me. As many problems as I have with Halo 4 MP, the small map rotation is still the biggest one (tied with the existence of the weapon load out system). Even if I'm playing Halo 2 FFA Lockout its still going to get old after a while. And Halo 4 maps ain't no Halo 2 Lockout, baby (except for that one Halo 4 map that is, in fact, a remake of Halo 2 Lockout)

Top Bottom