• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Pete's sake, is COD : Ghosts coming to WiiU or not?

hatchx

Banned
BLOPS2 was great on WiiU and is by far my most played game on the system (which....is a little bit sad).

I'm eagerly anticipating Ghosts, but I really want it on WiiU. That off-screen play is great, and especially great for multiplayer with friends.

I hate how sheepish they have been about a WiiU version. Lack of DLC in BLOPS2 doesn't instill confidence, but weird halfway answers at e3 lead me to believe it's coming.

What to believe?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It's Activision, of course it is.

If it isn't, Wii U is truly doomed.

DrBo42

Trying to understand why anyone cares. It's going to be gimped just like every other shooter on the system if it does release.

B.O.O.M

Let's ask Pete

PerhapsPeterGriffin.jpg

hatchx

Banned
Why are they being so sick and cruel and literally leaving the announcement for the game out in the cold?

In fact, I don't know why they did it last time either. They waited until September to announce it.

I gotta wonder what their thinking is.

Trying to understand why anyone cares. It's going to be gimped just like every other shooter on the system if it does release.

BLOPS2 wasn't gimped at all. In fact I'd call it the superior version albeit less people playing online.

If they do announce it soon then I hope someone asks Activision and Nintendo why they continue to announce the Wii U version after they've confirmed the other versions of the game. It doesn't do anything for additional exposure of the game. If anything it hurts it because there's a perception that it isn't even coming to the Wii U.

Eusis

Given how they seem to keep announcing it then going "wait we didn't mean to do that" and that they apparently DO keep waiting on announcing Wii/Wii U versions? Yeah, I think it's a safe assumption, though if you really wanted to play the game just to be on the safe side I wouldn't be betting on Wii U first and foremost.

BLOPS2 was great on WiiU and is by far my most played game on the system (which....is a little bit sad).

I'm eagerly anticipating Ghosts, but I really want it on WiiU. That off-screen play is great, and especially great for multiplayer with friends.

I hate how sheepish they have been about a WiiU version. Lack of DLC in BLOPS2 doesn't instill confidence, but weird halfway answers at e3 lead me to believe it's coming.

What to believe?

I want it too, I play Black Ops 2 regularly. Off TV with the Gamepad standing using the Pro Controller FTW!!

I think it will come, I want to be positive at least.

Shauni

How well did Blops II sell on Wii U? I'm assuming it did okay since it's the biggest gaming franchise right now (or at least among the biggest), but did it do enough to warrant Ghosts? I see this question come up a lot, but I never see anyone actually talking about Blops II sales.

How was Blops II Wii U multi anyway? Ghost town? Okay?

Claneko

Yeah, they are definitely going about this in a very odd manner. Personally I think that this one will at least come out, it's beyond that is left up to question depending on how well the Wii U improves in console sales.

If they don't, and I really want to play COD, I'll just play it on PC.

Krakn3Dfx

Blops 2 Wii U didn't sell all that great right?

I think maybe it hurt Wii U sales of the game because it came out after the initial game launch on the PS3/360?

I ended up buying it on the Wii U, it was fun, not enough people, but it was a great version of the game.

Arkam

I too am really confused on why Activision wont confirm/deny the game already. If they are making it announce it already.

If it was coming, why wouldn't they announce it?

Unless they make less profit per WiiU copy, which might make sense online/dlc wise.
Maybe they're holding out for an incentive from Nintendo?

antonz

If it was coming, why wouldn't they announce it?

Unless they make less profit per WiiU copy, which might make sense online/dlc wise.
Maybe they're holding out for an incentive from Nintendo?

They didn't announce BLOPSII until September last year. Even though it was leaked many months earlier as coming

SuperSah

Banned
They'll release it the same way they did for BO:Wii.

Announce it, shown zero gameplay or images and people have to find out themselves. Essentially buying it blind.

Ryuuga

Banned
It doesn't do anything for additional exposure of the game. If anything it hurts it because there's a perception that it isn't even coming to the Wii U.

In a roundabout way it keeps people talking about the game and as far as marketing is concerned that's good enough.

Hiltz

I don't know why Activision plays these waiting games with Nintendo fans. It makes no sense even though it's not like the Wii U version is going to sell a million or even half a million copies (at least not likely given the low install base and flood of upcoming 1st party titles). Activision did this stunt with Black Ops 2 by announcing it in May of last year, but not confirming the Wii U version until September. I feel sorry for the few fans that want it on Nintendo's platform, but are left waiting on Activision to give them the thumbs up or not already.

netBuff

Would love this with PC textures plus native 720p but I'm not holding my breath.

With the last Wii U port that advertised "PC textures", we got "some PC textures".

And Black Ops 2 suffered heavy framerate problems on Wii U. If we even get CoD for Wii U, I wouldn't expect it to be all that technically proficient.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Believe me, you Wii U owners should not be jealous of $15 map packs.

The skateboard one is really cool and the Firing Range remake is...Firing Range.

StevieP

Banned
I too am really confused on why Activision wont confirm/deny the game already. If they are making it announce it already.

Ask Activision how much it makes from MS live revenue pile. Then ask how much it makes from the mii verse revenue (lol). Then ask yourself why Wii/Wii u skus were stealth releases.

Mithos

Ask Activision how much it makes from MS live revenue pile. Then ask how much it makes from the mii verse revenue (lol). Then ask yourself why Wii/Wii u skus were stealth releases.

Then they can stop complaining about sales also.

StevieP

Banned
Then they should stop complaining about sales also.

They can take a chunk of sub fees from platforms that charge them. They can't take a chunk of sub fees from a service that doesn't even run ads. They are likely happy with this arrangement

In a roundabout way it keeps people talking about the game and as far as marketing is concerned that's good enough.

That didn't work at all for Black Ops 2 and I don't see why it'd work for Ghosts. I just don't see who this benefits. Does Nintendo make this decision? Do they think it's a good idea for people to even speculate that their console and its software is selling so poorly that a game that's on nearly every platform won't be on theirs?

Effect

People shouldn't get their hopes up. Just assume it's not coming. If Ubisoft was smart they'd really push the Wii U version of Splinter Cell with the assumption Call of Duty: Ghost won't be on the system. Get the idea out there that for Wii U owners they are the only game in town for this type of experience. Talk with Nintendo to push the Wii U version of the game on their website, eShop, and in Miiverse. Get it featured in any upcoming Wii U system advertising that is going to take place.

At this point people shouldn't be begging for scraps and that's just what Call of Duty is going to be on the Wii U. Your money isn't important to Activision nor do they have any desire to properly nurture a new fan base for their own game. Pay attention to the damn games that are coming out.

Rashid

Banned
OP, if your most played game on a Wii U is CoD you've bought the wrong console. Get one with good player counts.

Top Bottom