• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Pete's sake, is COD : Ghosts coming to WiiU or not?

linkboy

I don't know why Activision plays these waiting games with Nintendo fans. It makes no sense even though it's not like the Wii U version is going to sell a million or even half a million copies (at least not likely given the low install base and flood of upcoming 1st party titles). Activision did this stunt with Black Ops 2 by announcing it in May of last year, but not confirming the Wii U version until September. I feel sorry for the few fans that want it on Nintendo's platform, but are left waiting on Activision to give them the thumbs up or not already.

It's so (in their mind) they have an excuse as to why the game didn't sell.

Stupid, I know.

People shouldn't get their hopes up. Just assume it's not coming. If Ubisoft was smart they'd really push the Wii U version of Splinter Cell with the assumption Call of Duty: Ghost won't be on the system. Get the idea out there that for Wii U owners they are the only game in town for this type of experience. Talk with Nintendo to push the Wii U version of the game on their website, eShop, and in Miiverse. Get it featured in any upcoming Wii U system advertising that is going to take place.

At this point people shouldn't be begging for scraps and that's just what Call of Duty is going to be on the Wii U. Your money isn't important to Activision nor do they have any desire to properly nurture a new fan base for their own game. Pay attention to the damn games that are coming out.
Hm? What does Splinter Cell have to do with CoD? Their 'experiences' aren't the same at all.

Better question is why do you want it? I bought COD with my Wii U. Me and all 1000 guys online enjoyed it for a few months but you are hard pressed to see over 500 at most times now.

I assume you have a PS3 or x360...

Xedah66

With the last Wii U port that advertised "PC textures", we got "some PC textures".

And Black Ops 2 suffered heavy framerate problems on Wii U. If we even get CoD for Wii U, I wouldn't expect it to be all that technically proficient.

That was only in sp. The framerate in mp is perfect. Also I think wii u never got the dlc because the population is way too small. Last time I played it was around 3000.

Shauni

3000? Wow, that's like...nothing. On the 360 there's usually at least 100,000 online or something like that, probably more.

Better question is why do you want it? I bought COD with my Wii U. Me and all 1000 guys online enjoyed it for a few months but you are hard pressed to see over 500 at most times now.

I assume you have a PS3 or x360...

I wouldn't mind buying a CoD on Wii U because I want to play local multiplayer and because I want pointer controls. I have a PC but there's no local multi on that version.

If Blops II was on the eShop I would likely own it by now.

Rashid

Banned
How about one with good controls?

If you want good controls then you go to PC. But I don't see the point in buying a wiiu if your mostly playing CoD. If I had a Wii u it'd be exclusively for wiiu exclusives. I don't think I'm explaining myself well but whatever.

Effect

Hm? What does Splinter Cell have to do with CoD? Their 'experiences' aren't the same at all.

Military shooter experience. Just saying instead of begging for a game and being treated as an afterthought by Activision people should pay more attention to the games that are coming out. Wii U versions that do actually exist. Where your money is trying to be earned.

v1oz

3000? Wow, that's like...nothing. On the 360 there's usually at least 100,000 online or something like that, probably more.
Well that's (100,000) still nothing for a game that sells millions of copies on a console with 50+ million installed base.

Military shooter experience. Just saying instead of begging for a game and being treated as an afterthought by Activision people should pay more attention to the games that are coming out. Wii U versions that do actually exist. Where your money is trying to be earned.

I fully understand your point, but your comparison is pretty off. I wouldn't call Splinter Cell a military shooter at all, even after Conviction.

rpmurphy

If you want good controls then you go to PC. But I don't see the point in buying a wiiu if your mostly playing CoD. If I had a Wii u it'd be exclusively for wiiu exclusives. I don't think I'm explaining myself well but whatever.
You can sell the Wii U version back to GameStop after you're inevitably done with it. Especially considering how annualized this franchise is, there's not much point in keeping it forever.

Arya Stark

Neo Member
BLOPS2 wasn't gimped at all. In fact I'd call it the superior version albeit less people playing online.

You can't play every online game mode in the Wii U version of Blops 2 and it has nothing to do with Activision or lazy devs. I'd call that pretty damn gimped imo.

Shauni

That was earlier this year. I heard it's lower these days

Damn. I would almost be tempted to get Ghosts on Wii U, just to have an extra game to play and all, and a little different way to play COD, but...that's just too small a community.

Well that's (100,000) still nothing for a game that sells millions of copies on a console with 50+ million sales.

True, but still, 200,000-500,000 (I'm guessing here, not actual estimates, but they seem sort-ish correct is a fairly healthy and varied community. 3,000 or less is really not. I have a feeling you'd be hitting a lot of the same people many a time after no more than a month if you played regularly.

Serenity

They can take a chunk of sub fees from platforms that charge them. They can't take a chunk of sub fees from a service that doesn't even run ads. They are likely happy with this arrangement

You keep bringing this up but only 360 charged for online and yet they have no problem announcing ps3 and PC versions.

Cytezan

You would think it should be coming to WiiU considering it's Activision.

Not sure if the WiiU is powerful enough for the fish AI though

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They already said it was coming a while back, now for some reason they've decided that it needs to be a big secret. It's coming, they're just being dumb about it.

Tobor

Wii U swims with the fishes, so I don't see why not.

Wii U sleeps with the fishes.

35lumpx_zps1d740f97.jpg

StevieP

Banned

I doubled dipped on PC and Wii for cods last gen. And I'm not even a cod fan! The controls with IR are much better than the other consoles. That was my point. The Wii u still has these pointer controls.

You keep bringing this up but only 360 charged for online and yet they have no problem announcing ps3 and PC versions.

I'm not sure about PC, but every console except Nintendo's has a monetized online in some fashion. As far as why nintendo's cods are always stealth released, there was a recent interview that basic said "it's a business decision type thing" or something along those lines. I'm on mobile so hopefully someone else remembers this interview

I seriously doubt it.

I have black ops 2 on Wii U as well. MP runs perfectly fine and i love the pro controller. Best FPS controller i've ever used so far.

bought it on wii u because i had no PS360 anymore...don't like CoD on PC and there was a buy 1 get 1 50% off at TRU on launch and there was nothing else to get other than NSMBU.

anyways, don't get your hopes up.

In fact, I don't know why they did it last time either. They waited until September to announce it.

Didn't they make a bit of a song and dance about it last time at some Wii U event? Superior version and all that? I can understand it with BLOPS2, since the machine hadn't launched yet and revealing it relatively close to launch would raise the hype levels.

Doesn't really make as much sense here though, but then again Activision always treated the Wii poorly when it came to COD titles. I would be surprised if the game didn't come to Wii U.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Yes.

This has been another edition of Simple Answers to Complex Questions®.

(And, yes, I'm serious.)

Tenken

Neo Member
For Pete's sake, they haven't even managed to put the DLC on the WiiU BLOPS 2, so I doubt they'd even do the same for Ghosts.

Blops II was the first Cod game in a long time I've somewhat enjoyed playing, but apparently DLC is a no no, so I've not even considered buying anything else from them until they've gotten their act straight.

Yes but there's no Nuke Town map for pre-ordering and also it sucks so who cares.

I want it to come out just for the numbers.
For Pete's sake, they haven't even managed to put the DLC on the WiiU BLOPS 2, so I doubt they'd even do the same for Ghosts.

Blops II was the first Cod game in a long time I've somewhat enjoyed playing, but apparently DLC is a no no, so I've not even considered buying anything else from them until they've gotten their act straight.
No season pass support, no DLC support is my theory. Injustice did it because it was just a bundle but what other game has had a rolling entitlement to all DLC?

prag16

Banned
It'll almost certainly come, but be prepared for no DLC, no Elite, low player counts, etc.

I shouldn't buy it, but I will because I need my pointer controlled FPS fix and this is (quite literally) the only game in town.

Shauni

There are 70 million Xbox 360s in the world.

True, but still, 200,000-500,000 (I'm guessing here, not actual estimates, but they seem sort-ish correct is a fairly healthy and varied community. 3,000 or less is really not. I have a feeling you'd be hitting a lot of the same people many a time after no more than a month if you played regularly.

The ultimate point is that hundreds of thousands to a few thousands, therefore healthier community.

They're not devoting the resources to it until they've got the versions that will actually sell finished. Once they've got it running on everything else, they'll work on the Wii U version; if that comes too late to have the Wii U version for launch, then they'll be embarrassed having announced it for launch.

baphomet

OP, if your most played game on a Wii U is CoD you've bought the wrong console. Get one with good player counts.

I have CoD on 2 consoles and its still by far my most played Wii U game as well. Good luck laying in bed playing team deathmatch on 360 without disturbing whomever is sleeping next to you.

Vire

I have CoD on 2 consoles and its still by far my most played Wii U game as well. Good luck laying in bed playing team deathmatch on 360 without disturbing whomever is sleeping next to you.

1. Headphones

2. This is why you don't set up your gaming room in your bedroom.

hatchx

Banned
OP, if your most played game on a Wii U is CoD you've bought the wrong console. Get one with good player counts.

I have a PS3, but off-screen play makes it like a perfect COD on handhelds. I can lie in bed and play online.

I usually play the regular online modes, so I didn't really notice other modes not finding people.

It's also a huge franchise, and it's a bigger blow to not have on the WiiU, for Nintendo's sake, than GTA5 or Madden imo.

GulAtiCa

Yes.

This has been another edition of Simple Answers to Complex Questions®.

(And, yes, I'm serious.)

Glad to know. :)

I wish they would just confirm it, but I guess they would rather have 100% of the focus being on one version instead of split/etc.

Vire

Yea good luck having the tv on while they're trying to sleep. My gaming stuff isn't in my bedroom, my Wii U controller is.

Not sure I understand.

I'm suggesting you play in another room while your significant other sleeps in the bedroom.

Top Bottom