• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take Two renews Agent trademark

stryke

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/23/agent-trademark-renewed-by-take-two/

The filing was submitted on July 18 and applies to a variety of video game and multimedia uses.

The trademark filing suggests that the game’s logo has remained unchanged following this renewal as the filing reads, “The mark consists of the word “AGENT” with the shape of a handgun comprising the internal section of the letter “G”.”

Trademark filing

Probably doesn't mean much with GTA on the horizon but it seems they haven't forgotten about it at least.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
After seeing those WIP screenshots, I have zero interest in the game. But then again, it's Rockstar and they can pull off something incredible.

PS3 to PS4 exclusive? Remember how it came about, Team Bondi blew Sonys 50 Mil. Rockstar takes over and promises an exclusive to Sony? Thats a true story, right?

iceatcs

PS3 to PS4 exclusive? Remember how it came about, Team Bondi blew Sonys 50 Mil. Rockstar takes over and promises an exclusive to Sony? Thats a true story, right?

I suspect no money involved, just special deal like bigger turnover. Sony drop them out after second look at the concept.
Then Rockstar took it over.

So I think no one owe anyone.

i doubt its an exclusive at this point. even sony (tretton) said he didnt knew if it was an exclusive. on top of that rockstar isnt know to make games with small budgets. a single platform release on a new platform with relatively small install base is a recipe for disaster.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
i doubt its an exclusive at this point. even sony (tretton) said he didnt knew if it was an exclusive. on top of that rockstar isnt know to make games with small budgets. a single platform release on a new platform with relatively small install base is a recipe for disaster.
I think Crytek/Capcom will be okay.

GlamFM

Banned
Don´t think it means much. Renewing trademarks is cheap.

Is probably more a "just in case" thing.

Would be shocked if a game called Agent from R* would actually come out.

Jb

I still find the idea of a Rockstar open world spy thriller set in the 70's incredibly appealing, so I hope they come back to it somewhere down the road. Plus if Red Dead proved anything, it's that it is possible for them to find great success in ambitious titles that aren't GTA.

stryke

( . .)

ps4devs.jpg

(o_O)

I'm only half serious

stealth edit: just realised Sony have themselves on the slide...weird.

stryke

i know crytek are a 3rd party dev studio but ryse is a first party published title by MS. its like sony publishing insomniac or QD titles despite both of them being independent studios.

What you're describing is actually a 2nd party situation :p

Setsuna

Because it's kind of a given that they would support their own console? It's a "no shit sherlock" thing if you ask me.

Soe and SceA, E and J are different. The point of the slide is to show that SOE is also producing ps4 games. The only SOE game sony has on ps3 is DC Universe online form what i remember.

i know crytek are a 3rd party dev studio but ryse is a first party published title by MS. its like sony publishing insomniac or QD titles despite both of them being independent studios.

Do we know who owns the Ryse IP? I'm betting it's Crytek. Which would make it a third-party exclusive, although I suspect MS has still paid all the bills on it.

As for Agent, I'm sceptical it will ever happen really, and as someone said above, it's very cheap to renew trademarks. I suspect this is just housekeeping and the game isn't actually in active development. Or it's coming for iOS next year :(

Top Bottom